Sven Väth - The Sound Of The 7th Season

seraph

Uh, now this compilation is one of the best stuff and mixes I've heard recently. Incredible stuff, you should all get it, download it, whatever, this is pure brilliance....but more the choices of tracks than actual mixing. He mixed all the very fresh stuff from minimal techno to progressive house, combining with some trance and ambiental tracks that sound so old school and melodic but you can hear they are fresh tracks, crystal clear, liquid...and Sven simply cannot dissapoint, at least not in this area... this is for all melodic lovers, and the ones that are looking for entrancing stuff... and it is very new, from Dec 2006. I've got it as a present from a friend for christmas and it is mind blowing. GET IT ! So, here are the samples for a sceptical ones, and the tracklisting... ;)

CD 1 : NIGHT

1. Heartthrob - Baby Kate

2. Audion - Mouth To Mouth

3. Deetron - The After Life

4. Raudive - Here

5. Trentemoller - Nam Nam

6. Misc - B-Movie 6:00 AM

7. Agoria - Code 1026

8. Planet Jazz - Monster

9. Adam Proll - Hummel

10. Tom Pooks - Pablo Assan's

11. Dominik Eulberg - Bionik

12. Joris Voorn - Many Reasons

CD 2 : DAY:

1. Jesse Somfay - Small Pebbled Forest

2. Andormat 5000 - Entr'Acte Music

3. The Mole - In My Song

4. Guy Gerber - Ballet Dancing

5. Cobblestone Jazz - Dump Truck

6. Solid Groove - This Is Sick

7. Tiefschwarz - Hey

8. Jamie Jones - Amazon

9. Tolga Vidan - Abstract Prologues

10. Roman Flugel - Mutter

11. Cobblestone Jazz - India In Me

CD 1 : www.trackitdown.net/genre/techno/track/262040.html

CD 2 : www.trackitdown.net/genre/techno/track/262039.html

Edit : I can't paste them as links... :unsure:

He mixed all the very fresh stuff from minimal techno to progressive house, combining with some trance and ambiental tracks that sound so old school and melodic but you can hear they are fresh tracks, crystal clear, liquid...and Sven simply cannot dissapoint, at least not in this area... this is for all melodic lovers, and the ones that are looking for entrancing stuff...

A few years ago, I would have been amongst the first people in Europe to buy this double CD mix, but unfortunately I have to say this guy has been nothing but disappointment during the last years, IMO. I got kind of tuned out of the whole Vaeth mania... But I still might give it a try, I might even get positively surprised, if it's half of what you say it is! ;)

A few years ago, I would have been amongst the first people in Europe to buy this double CD mix, but unfortunately I have to say this guy has been nothing but disappointment during the last years, IMO. I got kind of tuned out of the whole Vaeth mania... But I still might give it a try, I might even get positively surprised, if it's half of what you say it is! ;)

Have you heard the other mixes from this series ? They are all top notch quality stuff. There is a slight difference between Sven in club mixing and in the studio. I could easily say to give a try to any of the volumes of the series coz he even collaborated with other techno artists... there is some delicious stuff there... I've only had a problem with those great tracks being mixed, but nothing more beside that... :D

Judging from the tracklist and my rather small knowledge about minimal/electo/whatever the tracklist looks great. But no new CDs for me in the near future...

Sven Vath is one of the best electro djs in the world right now.

But no new CDs for me in the near future...

I agree Tatsu, I asked in a record shop how much is the price of this gem and I had a beautiful answer: 25Euros! :D

There is tough battle between him and Richie Hawtin. :D;)

I would have to say that these two can take a seat and watch and learn from Laurent Garnier. Yeah, even though Hawtin's fantastically phenomenal techno masterpiece Minus Orange is by far THE best techno track I have ever heard, but IMO, the frenchman IS electronic music, and yes I admit, Richie is hot on his heels...

@ seraph: I have listened to all the "In the mix" series, and if I recollect, the fourth one still stands as my favorite. Otherwise, my favorite work from Sven Vaeth is his second album, "The Harlequin, The Beauty and The Beast".

I would have to say that these two can take a seat and watch and learn from Laurent Garnier. Yeah, even though Hawtin's fantastically phenomenal techno masterpiece Minus Orange is by far THE best techno track I have ever heard, but IMO, the frenchman IS electronic music, and yes I admit, Richie is hot on his heels...

@ seraph: I have listened to all the "In the mix" series, and if I recollect, the fourth one still stands as my favorite. Otherwise, my favorite work from Sven Vaeth is his second album, "The Harlequin, The Beauty and The Beast".

I agree with your argument about Laurent Garnier, but you know how I see it ? Garnier is THE MOTHER of electronic djing, Väth THE FATHER, and Richie THE GODFATHER. We cannot seperate these three actually. :D

As with The Harlequin, Robot And The Ballet Dancer album, yes, that is pure perfection, but bare in mind that that album was mostly written by Ralf Hildenbeutel and not Sven, he was just credited like that, but most of music was written by Ralf. ;)

Sven Vath is THE best dj in the world, whatever style he decides to play. :) (IMO!)

Yes, and he definitely has the most character. Enjoy the master:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Kd95qGFiE

And tell me now that theres anyone cooler than him. He's the Keith Richards of Techno, he will be around when Im 50 dancing in his underwear at a crazy afterparty.

GUDE LAUNE!!!!!!!!!!

If you are still not convinced he's the shit, watch this beauty:

And talking about Laurent Garnier, IMHO one of the best electronic music videos, FLASHBACK!!!

Yes, and he definitely has the most character. Enjoy the master:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Kd95qGFiE

And tell me now that theres anyone cooler than him. He's the Keith Richards of Techno, he will be around when Im 50 dancing in his underwear at a crazy afterparty.

So if he would do it, it's fucking cool and if Raja Ram does it he's just a sad old man that has lost his brain? Hypocrit!!!!! :lol:

But I agree about Sven, too bad I missed his last gigs in Bern. :(

Sven is in the wrong way since some years ago, and Hawtin is sadly following his steps...

Both of them used to be one of the best techno mixers in the world but nowadays they just play hype music mostly in their live sets.

Sven's last gig in my city was ridiculous, sad but true. He was really wasted, hardly beatmatching the end of the tracks. Jumping to the crowd from stage and dancing like an asshole while the tracks where running the whole time. Embarrasing show, much more than Skazi or Raja...

There are many dj's better than the Ibiza electrocla$h/ketaminimal troupe, but some of them deserve my respect for their previous works. For example, like rino said, Laurent Garnier is far away from this guys: flawless dance music mixing and unbeatable selection.

The Sound of The Third Season is my favourite :rolleyes:

Everyone who ever heard a Sven Vath-marathon set will agree this man is something else. & by marathon I don't mean 6hrs :P

In 1999 I was lucky enough to be in the Tresor Club (RIP) in Berlin for the Love Parade afterparty. In the morning we found out "Sven Vath's Tresor Park" was happening on the field next door: Sven played form 8am till 8pm & the music flowed like it was one long track: starting out with hours of ambient & downtempo over house to tech-house into pure techno heaven, to take a breather with some electro before unleashing a techno apocalyps before the sun went down again...

I haven't heard him play in a LONG time, but what the guy did overthere back then was not just first class, he set a whole new standard.