New Cybernetika Album: Neural Network Expansion (2007 promo)

Cybernetika

I posted it elsewhere but it looks like I need to again:

YOUR opinions are JUST YOUR OPINIONS. Just because you cant hear anything to like, does NOT mean that its bad music! And those of us who do, are NOT STUPID for having a different taste than you!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:;)

I bet you guys hate Gabba and DnB too. Both of which I can enjoy.

You are very welcome to criticize the music! But criticizing another's taste in music is just rude and disrespectful.

Chis: Ive tried to like Safi, given it a real good attempt. Thats just not hte kind of stuff I dig. Okay? If having a different taste makes me less mature... So be it, think whatever you like. Its not going to change my opinions, you know. In fact it really turns me off, if Safi fans are like you, well, I dont know if I want to go to a Safi show. You like it! Thats good! You see something in it that I can't. I wish you all the enjoyment possible! ;):D

Melodies in my opinion, are good, at times. But I dont listen to Derango or Isentropic expecting melodies. Most producers of this kind of stuff dont try to make melodies. Whether thats good or bad is up to the listener. But comparing melodic music to non melodic music, thats like comparing avocados and mangoes. Sure they have a similar structure, but they're vastly different...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks alot for sharing... my favourite (from this album) will always be valkyrie very fast glitchy and mindbending (of course my altime fav would have to be genetisis).

this is very solid stuff, and it shows that people are still trying hard to make good music... laboratory escapee forgot about valkyrie when describing your album wich falls into all of his categories without screwing up :P

Dear Lars,

Take your time dude.Noone is in hurry here right?

Make alot of remixes from this album please.

When you are ready send me the url's to download your stuff and I will take the unrelesed trax and go to my favorite record shop in town and give it to Mr PROK your unreleased cd.

I hope he will release it.

Peace Lars NOONE IS IN HURRY!

Let's celebrate MUSIC!

B)

Chis you need to quit bitching.

Every time you post its just moaning about one note basslines and lack of melodies.

Not all trance is melodic and has fullon basslines.

And Cybernetika released these tunes for free.

If you don't have anything good to say then STFU.

Your comments are about as constructive as horseshit on my elbow.

Chis you need to quit bitching.

Every time you post its just moaning about one note basslines and lack of melodies.

Not all trance is melodic and has fullon basslines.

+1

So you don't like it. Wheeeee!

:D

Spread the love! :wub:

Love for CHis and his differing tastes!

Not all trance is melodic

I noticed. That's a real problem with the genre.

I wasn't going to respond to this, but you obviously didn't notice that I wasn't trying to be offensive...

Sure, I'm glad to see that Cybernetika is still making music and releasing it for free. I hope he doesn't take my comments as an attack on him, because that is not my intention. I was genuinely disappointed to find that he has changed his style into something I find to be more generic, and less... musical, quite frankly. I should hope that Cyb takes my opinion like everyone elses, and either takes it into consideration and improves his music, or just ignores it and goes his own way. I'd applaud him either way.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but your post, Gutty, is about as offensive and worthless as the horseshit you seem to be growing on your elbow. I'll bet it really stinks. :P

Yes, I loathe unmelodic dark psy and find it to be a pox on the psy genre, helping to make the genre look as dumb as many ignorant IDM lovers consider it to be. But at least I'm trying to give a reason for my dislike.

So, by your logic all trance has to be melodic? If its not, then its not good?

Many people who are into the 'dark' style do not even agree that it is indeed trance music. Its up to the individual listeners to decide for themselves.

Keep in mind though that melodies are not everyone's top priorites. Its psychedelic music, and sometimes psychedelic noises have nothing to do with melodies. And sometimes melodies have nothing to do with psychedelia.

Many people who are into the 'dark' style do not even agree that it is indeed trance music.

I can't find it at the moment, but I remember reading over at Cosmosis's website, Bill's theory that psy/goa trance - and their related subgenres - are a marriage of Indian ragas and 4/4 beats, 90s synths etc. Considering how minimalist and repetitive ragas are (that's an observation, not a criticism!) musically, I can believe this. Even with producers such as Derango (and now Cybernetika :)), who you could argue are even closer to this "pure" form of trance than something like Sattel Battle or Hallucinogen.

Um, I guess the point of this rant is that, whether I like this stuff or not (and you all know I don't), it's certainly trance and I wouldn't argue otherwise.

Hey guys, chill! :)

Chis just said he doesnt like my new style. Nothing to worry about. Anyone should be encouraged to give their opinions about my music in a thread. I appreciate positive and negative opinions equally. And I dont get offended by criticism, as long as its not insulting. Chis said he doesnt like the development of style, or maybe even doesnt like Dark Psy at all. Opinions are like assholes, everyone got one. :P .. so, really no problem with that. If you want to become better, you need to take other people's criticism into account.

One thing tho, I wont change my style because of the opinions of others. Cybernetika is always the platform for MY music, the style of music I like, the style of music I am connected with. So if my taste changes, my music changes too, and theres nothing you could do about it ;)

Besides, that album actually got quite a lot of melodies, at least much more than many Dark Psy releases of nowadays.

Chis your ignorance is quite astounding.

You have to realize that producers in general don't make music for you.

They make it for themselves and people like themselves that like similar sounds.

OK?

So in other words you're not the only guy that listens to trance.

Not everyone thinks the way you do and enjoy the kinda tunes you do.

If you can't understand this very basic concept then I suggest you go fuck yourself.

I don't go about on backstreetboys.com forums telling them how shit their tunes are,

because I know that it's not my style and I recognize the fact that the target audience

is NOT me.

And your "reason" for disliking dark tunes is as retarded as it gets.

So you don't like dark tunes because they don't have enough melodies.

Well maybe try listening to melodic trance. There's way more melodic acts than dark acts anyway.

If you dislike dark tunes what are you even doing here.

Do you expect that all those producers conform to your vision ? Why should they ?

What exactly makes your musical preference better than ours ?

@Cybernetika: sorry but this guy is harshing my buzz with his lameness. I'll try keep quiet now.

Much respekt for the tunes, I've only heard two so far but I'm sooper amped to hear more.

great music!!

it actually does have alot of melodies, but still manages to create a very good atmoshpere

i will definitely try to keep an eye out for future releases from you

favourites Medical/Science Complex (!), 2653 (!!) First Contact (!!!), Nebula Decay (!!)

thanks alot!

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this one mainly because now i have to admit my preference for more dancefloor oriented dark...powerfull basslines and high special effects, the ingredients for a massive psychedelia :)

Your first promo from 2006 was one of my favourite dark albuns, really, i have it in my mp3palyer and in my car ;) very good melodic dark specially darkstar phobia and paradox paralax...the diference in this album is the lack of melodies compared to the 2006 promo but i,as you, prefer this, the psychedelia is much more intense this way, i think is obvious the diference between melodic stuff in the dancefloor compared to for example valkyrie or trickster, people that bash this kind of sound surely dont know what is a dancefloor under the black light with hard night time trance.

I absolutely adore the bassline of trickster :lol: there is a name for that kind of bassline? most parties here in portugal have that type of bassline thats why i love parties here :lol:

Great job my friend :D;)

Why didn't I see this before now... downloading now.... just hauled track 5 in....

Chis: <_< Derango huh? Most people would call that a compliment!

Just as most people would be insulted to be compared to Safi Connection.

Well, I haven't had a chance to listen to this one, but if its anything like the recent Cyb tracks Ive heard then its good! Thanks a ton, Lars, for the free stuff! :D

:lol: I just had a good time reading up on that discussion..... Weird stuff :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi man, I must say, very good work again!

I listen to both goa trance (old and new) and top quality dark psy (penta, ocelot, peak records stuff and little more) and I like them both with a strong prefernce for goa.

I have to say your stuff can be top quality dark psy and it really has some melodies (compared to the style), while most of this kind of music is becoming really minimal and "no melodies" oriented.

So quality is there as always, but if I have to choose I'd say "plasmoid" is really the kind of stuff that make you different and that identify you among others.

Thanks for your comments, glad you enjoy :) :) :)

It has always been important to me to put *Atmosphere* in my tracks, to build up a *dense wall of sound*, and to make the track *dark* while not forgetting the *melodies* and the *Goa Roots*.. I think plasmoid sums it up :)

Hi Cybernetika,

Do you have any plans to release this album on psyshop, saikosounds, etc? Just curious.

More importantly to me... how and where can I stream and potentially buy your first album? It isn't on psyshop and saikosounds. When I search... it's as if Cybernetika never existed. Nothing appeared for your name.