Solar Fields - Levitate

RTP

I just yesterday discovered what a great track from Solar Fields the guys from Ultimae have put on Fahrenheit Project Part Six!

Levitate!

This piece is so damn amazing ... the sample hit me like a point blank shot straight in the face! I had to immediately get that track, otherwise I wouldn't sleep at night. INCREDIBLE!

This baby is so different from all that I knew from Solar Fields before. It's absolutely amazing ... a driving piece with wonderful epic and sheer beautiful synthesizer melodies ... I have all three albums except "Extended" and I have never encountered any soundscapes quite like these on them! Solar Fields always meant chilled ambient frequencies to me (except a few pieces, like "Infection 268-7") ... and in the beginning one could even mean what would be coming would be traditional Solar Fields style, (although the tension is building that ones hairs become punkies) ... but if you expect all ambient with this one it will grab you by the balls! Incredible! INCREDIBLE! This was something I really didn't expect!

I hope Magnus will have some sounds like that on his next album and this is not just a one-time-experiment...

anybody else has heard it?

Aye, it's a nice track but there are other Solar Fields tracks I prefer. My favourite is Air Song :)

*hums the tune* ... "dummm - dummm-dummm-dummm..."

yeah, Air Song is nice ... chilled, relaxed and warm :)

But if you expect something along the lines of Air Song and then Levitate grabs you by the balls and lets you sit there with eyes and mouth wide open ... it's completely different. Uncomparable. This can't be Solar Fields. Yet it is. Amazing!

*hums the tune* ... "dummm - dummm-dummm-dummm..."

yeah, Air Song is nice ... chilled, relaxed and warm :)

But if you expect something along the lines of Air Song and then Levitate grabs you by the balls and lets you sit there with eyes and mouth wide open ... it's completely different. Uncomparable. This can't be Solar Fields. Yet it is. Amazing!

I'm with you in hoping this is a new direction for solar fields. A little bit more upbeat album would definately be welcome. I have all 4 albums & they are ultra chilled beauties but something different would be welcome :)

I'm with you in hoping this is a new direction for solar fields. A little bit more upbeat album would definately be welcome. I have all 4 albums & they are ultra chilled beauties but something different would be welcome :)

Actually I think there will be a trance album by Solar Fields, unless there's been a change of plan.

He already did Solar Fields - Overload (Solar Fields & DJ Anti remix) which appeared on VA - Highway on Digital Oracle about a year ago. I think it was also supposed to be released on Spiral Trax' sublabel ACDC plus more Solar Fields trance work but I can't remember who or what or where I read things and I don't know where ACDC is located on the net these days after Spiral Trax died. :(

Actually I think there will be a trance album by Solar Fields, unless there's been a change of plan.

He already did Solar Fields - Overload (Solar Fields & DJ Anti remix) which appeared on VA - Highway on Digital Oracle about a year ago. I think it was also supposed to be released on Spiral Trax' sublabel ACDC plus more Solar Fields trance work but I can't remember who or what or where I read things and I don't know where ACDC is located on the net these days after Spiral Trax died. :(

Trance? That could be cool but I'd prefer some downbeat just not as chilled as usual!

Such a talented producer though could make any style work :)

Trance? That could be cool but I'd prefer some downbeat just not as chilled as usual!

Such a talented producer though could make any style work :)

Hehehe well "trance" in his own way I guess ;)

The track I mentioned in my post above I would class as 'trance' but the BPM is somewhere between 120 and 125 I think.

I can't imagine a Solar Fields album that wouldn't carry his own innovative sound, whether it be "downtempo" or "trance" or something else. :)

Hehehe well "trance" in his own way I guess ;)

The track I mentioned in my post above I would class as 'trance' but the BPM is somewhere between 120 and 125 I think.

I can't imagine a Solar Fields album that wouldn't carry his own innovative sound, whether it be "downtempo" or "trance" or something else. :)

Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be super fine

Posted Image

;)

That sounds very nice! I'm curious...

I emailed Magnus, hopefully he wants to share some info about future SF music :)

tell us when you know more...

Well Magnus played all his 'dance orientated' stuff last time he was here;thats over a year i think,and Gosh! they worked so well on the dancefloor ...

On the chat we had i asked him if hes releasing any of that he told me that he wasnt that desperate to release them and that he already had a label interested so i guess its really up to him if and when is he releasing that stuff..hats off to Magnus from my side though for the music he have given to us till today...

Well Magnus played all his 'dance orientated' stuff last time he was here;thats over a year i think,and Gosh! they worked so well on the dancefloor ...

On the chat we had i asked him if hes releasing any of that he told me that he wasnt that desperate to release them and that he already had a label interested so i guess its really up to him if and when is he releasing that stuff..hats off to Magnus from my side though for the music he have given to us till today...

I hope he chooses to release it. I'd definately like to hear it & I'm not sure if I'll ever get to see him live :(

• 1 month later...

I put this in my solar fields mix. It's more upbeat, almost trance than his usual stuff.

I also heard he's releasing a trance album. Can't wait for that :)

any more info on the album?

will it be released this year?

which label?

anything?

any more info on the album?

will it be released this year?

which label?

anything?

hell yeah :D

Ultimae :blink:

yes :)

I got this from ultimae

You all dream to know what goes on behind the veil, don't you?

So here we go, we just discovered a fabulous ambient artist named I Awake

and are planning the digital release of an EP in May; Mahiane is compiling

[ Oxycanta ]second blooms, Solar Fields trance music will finally see the light of day

in June; Asura's long awaited album [ Life² ] is in the making and Cell [ Live at Kumharas ]

will be released by the summer. Oh yes, and Fishimself is also working on his first compilation :)

Let's stop here, all the artists are bubbling with creativity...just wait and hear !