The coolest track titles evargh

Aerosis

I've given this much thought lately and after many restless nights i've come to the conclusion that:

Harmonic Convergence is the coolest track name :)

Harmonic Convergence is another word to describe Terrence Mckenna's concept of Novelty, a cosmological theory beyond physics, beyond the 3rd dimension, relating to the tenancy of the universe to complicate with time; harmonic convergence. This term was used in a lecture by terrence called Invisible Worlds, done in 1985 - as heard by members of Dimension 5 who eventually some 10 years later would create a track by such a title - which eventually would be heard by myself, of whom would post a topic 12 years later anouncing it as the best track title evargh.

Literature: http://www.indigosun.com/april98/harmony.htm http://www.2012.com.au/harmonic_convergence.html http://www.google.com/search?q=harmonic+co...lient=firefox-a

Time is a trip :ph34r:

What other track titles do you think are the most clever/cool/zanny of all evargh?

This is a genre in which I tend to favor evocative track titles over those that try to be funny. Stupid rhymes are especially offensive, and I'd rather have my good old cliches ("Alien Airport", "You Can be Shiva" or "Space Traveller") than something like "Average Beverage", "Funkus Munkus" or "Speaker Sneaker". Of course, this has nothing to do with the musical quality, but when picking up new music I'll be more eager to listen to it if the titles and artwork are appealing.

Of the random stuff I have around right now I'd say Transwave, Juno Reactor, Astral Projection and Steve Roach are quite good at this.

Good IDM-ish titles with acronyms or made up tech-sounding words are also cool in my book. I like the way Autechre and Boards of Canada name their tracks. Same with the cold machine-like look and feel of industrial releases from labels like Ant-Zen.

Outside e-music, I've been digging the bands Jesu and Om. Both use amazing words and imagery to present their music.

SBK - Mitleid Express

First, the title is arsing the title "midnight express", which is a film title as well as the title of (more than) one trance track.

Second, the word is just so genious. Me and my friends, we know some girls who were almost always ... like, down and sexually frustrated. Kinda, you know? You know. And every time we met them it was like always having to hear their laments. And once I said to my friends before we met them girls: "naaah, dudes, I don't wanna play Mitleid Express again!" ... and from that point we actually use Mitleid Express as a term for situations like that, where you have to hear somebody's laments about him being down, desperate, sexually frustrated and that blah blah when you actually don't wanna hear it.

Mitleid Express.

I bet Sebastian had experienced that kind of stuff too, so he named the track like that. Genious :D

I've given this much thought lately and after many restless nights i've come to the conclusion that:

Harmonic Convergence is the coolest track name :)

Harmonic Convergence is another word to describe Terrence Mckenna's concept of Novelty, a cosmological theory beyond physics, beyond the 3rd dimension, relating to the tenancy of the universe to complicate with time; harmonic convergence. This term was used in a lecture by terrence called Invisible Worlds, done in 1985 - as heard by members of Dimension 5 who eventually some 10 years later would create a track by such a title - which eventually would be heard by myself, of whom would post a topic 12 years later anouncing it as the best track title evargh.

Literature: http://www.indigosun.com/april98/harmony.htm http://www.2012.com.au/harmonic_convergence.html http://www.google.com/search?q=harmonic+co...lient=firefox-a

Time is a trip :ph34r:

What other track titles do you think are the most clever/cool/zanny of all evargh?

Better than this?

Slinky Wizard - Shitty Stick (better than a poke in the eye with a)

a Shitty Stick is a stick covered in shit. To be poked in the eye with a stick covered in shit is really bad! Something can be really really bad but still be better than a poke in the eye with a shitty stick. This track is much much much better than a poke in the eye with a shitty stick!

Don´t tell me i sing like a robot :angry:

Yeah that's a good one :)

I've always liked German track titles, especially those Intact Instinct ones, like Scheissekompensator :)

Otherwise it's hard to pick the best.

Outside psy it is easy to pick the best ones. Red Sparowes takes the prize. No one can beat tracknames like "Mechanical Sounds Cascaded Through The City Walls And Everyone Reveled In Their Ignorance".

Son Kite - If Ashtrays Could Talk!

If is a conditional

Ashtrays are things you trash the unwanted cigarette into

could is the hypothetical form of can

Talk is to express oneself verbally

Such a amgical title as it is complete and utter bollocks :)

Scheissekompensator

haha :lol:

Defolder - Arschbiss is kinda in the same vein ... and it even is a plausible word.

Bitmonx - Morgenlatte is also a nice one (for the ones that know what a morgenlatte is :lol: )

and I remember Domestic - Radioactive Kinder Bueno, priceless!

and Sonus - Reisefieber or Shiva Chandra - Schaukelstuhl or Auricular - Pilzvergiftung and Auricular - Gradwanderung, nice titles too :)

I also like Atmos - Qualität Im Quadrat, because this track title is the old ad slogan of Ritter Sport chocolate! The new slogan is "Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut." and I find it not very good compared to the old one. I once saw a Ritter Sport in a shelf with still the old slogan on it (despite being a fresh pack ... it was not old and rotten, so obviously the designers just forgot to adapt the slogan on that one) - "Qualität Im Quadrat" - and I HAD to buy it because I had to think of Atmos and finally knew where this track title came from :D ... he obviously bought a Ritter Sport chocolate as he was in germany once (maybe there where he recorded that "Marktstraße" sample in Berlin?) and then just took the slogan on it for a trackname, funny :)

Magnetrixx have some cool track titles too...

Oh, yes, DOMESTIC - RADIOACTIVE KINDER BUENO is hillarious ! :lol:

There is also HARDFLOOR - THE LAST MARSHMELLOW MACHINE :D

I add : MARCHAOS - PRIESTLICKER, FRIPIC BOUNCE & DAARDAVEAN - WHY DID THE COPS CHASE THE AMBULANCE ?, PIXEL & INTELABEAM - METHAMINIMAL, PLANET BEN - TRIPPY FUTURE GARDEN, NEUROMOTOR - FUCK THE DAT MAFIA TRANCE XP, MIDI MILIZ - FEET IN THE AIR, MENIS - THE DRUGS DO WORK, JUNO REACTOR - FEEL THE UNIVERSE...

Procs - Big Large Fat Snoring Lamas is the most original track title I've heard! I like it a lot! Great work!

It´s an SBK Track actually ;)

but the title is great, aye :)

gosh, yeah, you're right ... Bitmonx did only the remix ... the credit for the track title goes indeed to SBK!

my bad...

Morning boner? :)

indeed, it means morning boner :D

Better than this?

Slinky Wizard - Shitty Stick (better than a poke in the eye with a)

a Shitty Stick is a stick covered in shit. To be poked in the eye with a stick covered in shit is really bad! Something can be really really bad but still be better than a poke in the eye with a shitty stick. This track is much much much better than a poke in the eye with a shitty stick!

I'm going to have to agree with you here ;D

'License to Slink' is a good one too - hA!

I always liked the name

'Thunder Thighs' from the Nuns. they were crazy ;p

Texas Faggott's Don't Gowithem, Growithem 'N Glowithem They'll Let You Knowithem always pops to mind. :=)

and from the same compilation the Squaremeat track Kaks Kertaa Yks Sählyvuoro (Et Sä Kuitenkaan Tajuu Mix)

which roughly translated would be something like:

two times one floorball turn (though you don't understand why)

Green Nuns were IMHO the funniest with their "Afterburner EP"

A Two Vindaloos & An Onion Bhagee (7:33)

AA Ring Of Fire (8:02)

:-)

Double Dragon is king of the twisted, titles like:

"Encrusted Filth"

"Hairy Liquid"

but overall, Fractal Cowboys get my vote for their track

"Mega Jesus of Evil"

As mentioned, Red Sparowes have the most epic titles ever. I have this album by them:

http://www.discogs.com/release/788123

Just look at that. Fucking crazy.

In terms of trance related stuff, the greatest title ever has to be "Gravity Mirage" by Total Eclipse. I just love that one. One of my own tracks is called "hypnogogic mesmerism unravelling" but that doesn't really count (even though I'm pretty proud of that title).