Transwave - Backfire

Jon Cocco

Yah that's why I question anyone giving an album a perfect score - people seem to throw 5/5 and 10/10 around like it's nothing, and so a mark that high loses its significance...

the mastering is a lot better, People like to have flamicogyre in nice quality, and so do I :)

Yah that's why I question anyone giving an album a perfect score - people seem to throw 5/5 and 10/10 around like it's nothing, and so a mark that high loses its significance...

I think I've rated maybe 20 albums 5/5 on discogs and this is one of them. IMO the only goa album that's near perfect is the debut of Dimension 5, but I'd need a scale of at least 1-10 to really start distinguishing this.

Also this is much better than the first 3 Transwave albums IMO. I think they will only get 4/5 from me though not decided yet.

This is hands down, the best Transwave album to date.

The previous two albums have super songs that stand on their own. Of course. Helium and Phototropic are both magical in their own way. But if I were to choose a Transwave album that I feel best showcases this wonderful group, it's Backfire.

And this is why I can't imagine them not building and releasing a superb Full On GOA album as their next project. I imagine Suntrip Records would be open to hearing such an album if that dream ever came true. When I hear Khetzel - Corolle and more recently RA - 9th, and how many people love those albums for instance, in our time now, I think, WOW. It's Transwave's turn. They have so much potential to pull off something AMAZING!!!!!!

The Pleiadians for instance did not keep the spirit. But that was different, having two less members and all. Transwave has its members. These guys really can create a masterpiece that captures the spirit (updated sound of course) in the Psy scene today if the passion is there.

I have spoken to people who share my feelings. Transwave were wonderful back then and still are, relative to their music back then. Please may they impress us in our time now and develop/expand their complex, layered, deep, dark, wild, dynamic, futuristic, surreal, infectious and dance friendly as all hell style and sound for the 21st century. Please give us a super album, not one like The Pleiadians gave us in 2006 or 2007 that tossed in few nostalgic melodies around a generic Full On shadow of its former self. To hell with the square. Full On without Goa influence has been such a square lately. Break out of the square and make a insanely gorgeous, intelligent, beautiful, addictive creature that cannot even be classified as a shape.

That's the Transwave I hear on this album. It would be amazing if they updated that, even if they through on a couple more Full ON Psytrance tracks (that are great). See RA - 9th for the clear concept, a dream come true.

This is the best Goa album of 2007 and one of the best Goa/Psytrance albums ever released (in my top 10).

Thank you guys of Transwave!

• 6 months later...

A wonderfully consistent yet inspiring sound. No time for neurotic variation. Just a beautiful goa sound with a prism of emotions.

The climactic melody in "Bombay Night" is purely awesome. The way the bring in blue notes while still keeping the atmosphere is astounding.

• 3 years later...

Transwave-Backfire_zps54663aa2.jpg

Artist: Transwave

Title: Backfire

Label: 3D Vision

Date: January, 2007

1. Adoration To The Aum
2. Hypersphere
3. Anahata
4. Arsonik
5. Cycles Of Life
6. Code S9
7. Flamicogyre

8. Bombay Night

9. Ulysse Voyage 2

Is there anything that can put a smile on the faces of Goa Heads than masters back in the day releasing unreleased stuff or super hard to find tracks?

Well, maybe a gallon of patchouli and incense. And free food.

Transwave are Absolum (Christophe Drouillet) and Deedrah (Frederic Holyszewski) and they put out 3 great albums before this one so there was great anticipation for this release.

Believe the hype.

It's chock full of shimmery layered goa true to their style. Take a step back to the middle of the 90's when these tracks were created. Storming they are and a worthy addition to any collection. Good luck finding the disc though. With a quick net search I found it, but the price ranged from 30 bucks all the way up to $150!

That better come with a string of young and busty groupies. Meh I wouldn't trust either seller as far as I could throw them.

And with my bad back I shouldn't be throwing anyone.

Mdk

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

In the top 20 of the greatest goa trance albums ever produced. One of these CDs that you can recommend to a friend who is new into the genre. Arsonik (Arsenic) and Code S9 (Luis) were released on vinyl in 1996 under the project Cypher-O http://www.discogs.com/Cypher-O-Arsenic/release/531263(remember the track Psychedelic Junglisita in VA Distance to goa 6, same project).

• 8 months later...

oh wow! Received this today morning and heard the tracks for the first time. F'in Wow! Within the 1st minute I knew this was gonna be amazing and it was and it is (2nd listen) so many beautiful moments so many great tracks. :) I cant recall the last time when a Goa CD made me this happy !

Highly recommended. Must have for Goa lovers. Get it.

Off to many more listens :D

oh wow! Received this today morning and heard the tracks for the first time. F'in Wow! Within the 1st minute I knew this was gonna be amazing and it was and it is (2nd listen) so many beautiful moments so many great tracks. :) I cant recall the last time when a Goa CD made me this happy !

Highly recommended. Must have for Goa lovers. Get it.

Off to many more listens :D

You took your time getting hold of this gem :P

I think that compared to other artists Transwave are extremely talented at song structures and build-ups over the course of the entire track. Bombay Night is a case in point. They can move from a very chilled out vibe to a pounding aggressive vibe quickly and skilfully. Arsonik has one of the most aggressive 303s I've ever heard!

• Like 1

I did :D elusive CD this one.

But, what a find! Adoration to the Aum is just wow :)

The fav's just keep changing here. Amazing compilation of tracks.

It's like the true representation of essence of Goa music in one single disc.

Come on, show me some harsher acid than Arsonik!

There are so many ! But when you ask for one, I can't recall, idk why! :/

There were many screaming acid tracks , but in my head only that acid scream has remained and not the name :lol:

Currently loving this , not sure if it counts.

There are so many ! But when you ask for one, I can't recall, idk why! :/

There were many screaming acid tracks , but in my head only that acid scream has remained and not the name :lol:

Currently loving this , not sure if it counts.

Maybe you refer to something like this classic:

Great recommendation there, I really like that track!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Flamicogyre is da bomb! That melodic 'climax' transposing scale building a lot of tension

and

5:10 .. yea THAT'S GOA! That classic 'gating' sharp melodies what made goa trance and this so good.

Also still brings good memories of Goa Gil when he was playing real goa.

The vibe was awesome back in the days :) apart from all drugs n shit ... bah

musically it was fucking awesome .

• 5 years later...

Still a great disc. I mean download cause, well...as of right now one is being sold for $240!

I would say the only part of this album I cannot stand is the key change in Flamicogyre. It's just one of those parts in a song that hits me like the laugh from the Nanny.

Or the entire Spiritual Healing song from The Muses Rapt