The Official X-Dream Appreciation Topic

Goa Bill

X-Dream, Rough & Rush, The Delta, The Pollinator, Fools and Tools and more. Those guys made Germany proud with their ball breaking sound back in the day when Night Psy wasn't a derogatory term. I, personally think that their evolution stopped with the last album that was a bit too electro to my taste. Not necessarily bad but not the X-Dream that i learned to love. So what are your favorites?

Mine current favorites are:

We Created Our Own Happiness (My default ringtone for over a year now)

As a Child...

The 2nd Room

Panic in Paradise

Freak

Out Here We're Stoned

Def by Delta

The Thing

Irritant

Thorazin

The 1st

Coming Soon

and more...

OFFICIAL X -DREAM TOP LIST:

1. X-Dream- freak

2. X-Dream- brain forest

3. X-Dream- Our own happiness

4. X-Dream FEAT. Planet B.E.N.- the 5th dimension (live from Paris) -this 16 minute monster slowly builds up and takes me over time after time... Epic!

5. E Rection- Out here we are stoned (X-Dream's true school heart trance mastermix)

6. X-Dream- Thorazin (possibly the only tech trance track I really adore)

As you can see, they're all X-Dream tracks, because of my taste, I was never into The Delta, but you'll never catch me saying anything these guys did sucks, just that I tend to stay away from the whole tech/minimal thing, due to my lack of knowledge about it, and consequently, the inability to properly appreciate it. But, I bow my head to these kings. NOBODY has stayed on the scene for so long, and succeeded to make quality music for almost 15 years now. Talent in the true meaning of the word B) .

Damn it! I always forget something!!! :rolleyes: I absolutely and unconditionaly have to add "The frog" which is with one of the above mentioned tunes my top Radio track! Speaking of that album, believe it or not, my favorite moment of the album is actually not any musical part, but the wonderful break and the sudden, perfectly used and placed sample: "Things are moving so fast in my head that i'm starting to edit, like a telegram." I get goosebumps every time I hear it...

Guest Rezwalker

my all time favorites...

"psychomachine" - possibly the best psy-trance track ever made!

"out here we are stoned RMX"

"the second room"

agreed with these tracks plus : We created our own happiness, my fav X-dream tracks.

also the track Out here we are stoned stoned rmx is one of my best 10 psychedelic-trance tracks ever. blast! :D

bow to the german leaders! :)

I have too many favs to name... How about one from each major release:

The 5th Dimension (trip to trancesylvania)

Our Own Happiness (we created our own happiness)

Psychomachine (radio)

Rain (panic in paradise)

Rewind (irritant)

Superintelligence (we interface)

Piece (1991-2001 the best)

I have tons of other favorites... These guys are the best of the best.

easy job, I enjoy almost anything by them but the ones that I liked most are

The Delta - Def by delta part II

X-Dream - Radio rmx

X-Dream - Aspirin

It's amazing how they keep changing styles while still delivering quality... for years.

Guest Cosmogenesis

My fav are mainly their gold emotional tracks:

Psychoactivity (can't believe that anyone mentionned it! :P )

Do you believe?

Our own happiness

Out here we are stoned remix

Protoplasm

Panic in Paradise

Imagine If The World Was On Trip

Regarding now those masterpieces, three words I have to say : Unbelievable imagination, style & music > X-Dream are legends. ;)

the first psy song i heard was X-Dream:Psychomachine :wub:

"psychomachine" - possibly the best psy-trance track ever made!

Psychomachine (radio)

I can't believe you guys didn't mention psychomachine :(

absolute ruler of a track. <3

I don't find words for these guys. One of my all time fav'e producers without a doubt.

:)

I have too many favs to name... How about one from each major release:

The 5th Dimension (trip to trancesylvania)

Our Own Happiness (we created our own happiness)

Psychomachine (radio)

Rain (panic in paradise)

Rewind (irritant)

Superintelligence (we interface)

Piece (1991-2001 the best)

I have tons of other favorites... These guys are the best of the best.

Just realised I have all X-Dream albums :)

I was sure I was missing one but all I'm missing now is the remixes <_< not out yet ;)

Favourites from this amazing artist are

The 5th Dimension (Live in Paris)

The Second Room (A-trip)

Our own happiness

Radio

The Frog

Thorazin

An artist that's manged to change styles well & not fallen into the trap of making music only to please big record labels :)

Just about everything released by them (as X-dream or as one of their many side-projects or collaborations) between 1996 and 2002 is incredible and groundbreaking. On their own or in various collaborations Marcus if of course the most interesting of the two, but Jan was a part of a Children of Paradise, a side-project that maybe never got the attention it deserved. Their Urban Alien album is an amazing mix of the the successful X-dream baseline and über psychedelic melodies and atmospheres.

mmmmmmmmmmmm X-Dream.

Radio (And all its versions)

Thorazin

Psychomachine

Zebra

As A Child..

Telegram

Pop

Thing

We Interface

Actually X-Dream is the best liveact i've seen. Its the only time i've experienced natural trance (yes, total sober). It was just before Irritant was getting released. Somewhere around Thorazin i started to feel very strange in a marvellous way. The track after was a remix of Radio (I am not sure it was the one released on the Best Album, since i was too much in the music so to speak). Somewhere in the intro with all those introFX and the women sample about the radiostations inside her head, i lost everything around me. I seriously couldn't feel the ground. Came back to life 2 hours later. What a lovely experience :)

PS: Pavel, that pic of yours is really disturbing in a funny way :lol:

EDIT: I can't believe i forgot the track Coming Soon. One of the best basslines in psytrance history..

Guest Rezwalker

Actually X-Dream is the best liveact i've seen. Its the only time i've experienced natural trance (yes, total sober).

agreed. i have seen them live many times and i really believe their live act is a special experience.

Ummm, yeah, Rough & Rush are among the most talented producers from Germany. I like all of their projects and most collaborations.

They are in the scene from its very beginnings and have been trancing us from 1993. They are cream crop of trance culture.

My favourite tracks from them are : CHILDREN OF THE LAST GENERATION, THE 5TH DIMENSION, OUR OWN HAPPINESS, THE SECOND ROOM, ZEBRA, ELEVEN, S.T.O.P., RAIN, PANIC IN PARADISE, RADIO, FREAK, TELEGRAM, PSYCHOMACHINE, THORAZIN, IRRITANT, UNIVERSAL CHAOS, THE 1ST, WE INTERFACE, VIRUS, TRY TO SAVE YOUR SONG, POP, TRAVELLING AT THE SPEED OF THOUGHT, THING, AS A CHILD I COULD WALK ON THE CEILING, STANDBY, LOST & FOUND, PACEMAKER... So, yeah, I quite like their work. :D

my favs are:

Freak

Radio

Rewind

Thorazin

Out Here We're Stoned

We Interface

Our Own Happiness...

actually I think I love all their tracks...

Definately the best live show I've ever seen!

I kick myself mentally every time I remember sleeping through their set at Symbiosis last September...

Im not too familiar with a lot of their stuff but what Ive heard, I dig!

I like the robo-vocals on the first track off "We Interface".

I like a lot of their classics but I just want to mention how genius The Frog is. using its ribbit as a rhythm like that. it sounded best when all the other bits and pieces of the song came into play over it. very nice work there ;D