Lost Buddha interview by Kim0

mAn_WiTh_No_nAmE

Lost Buddha Interview by kim0

for soundmute.org/forum

As one of lovers of Goa Sounds, i decided to make this chat with one of new artists that are making old sounds,Lost Buddha.

Hope you'll like this.

Posted Image

kim0: First,introduction time. Just tell more about you.

Hehehe,ok. I am Filipe , i have 22 years old and im from Lisbon , Portugal , currently living on Northern Ireland.

kim0: Do you have maybe some strange nick name from childhood times?

I do. Hehehehe, my mum used to call me "Pipe", short name for Filipe, i use that nickname as a hiphop instrumental producer.

kim0: How did you got idea for the project name and what does it means?

About Lost Buddha , well i always felt like somekind of a "lost" person , just lost in the middle of the modern society , where i see myself so different because of the music i produce , the Goa Trance. Because of the modern times we are living , everybody is producing fullon or other styles of psychedelic trance music , and just because of the fact that I am so way different , on the way i think , the way i do things , I am lost in a "sea" of people , trying to find the right people , the ones just like me.

kim0: We know that you know to make music. Now can you describe your music with words,to see how poetic are you?

Hahahahahahhaha, no because im not a singer nor even a poet!

But i can give you an idea of my music. I can say that my goal in my music is to give the positive feeling to all the people outhere , just because when we live the world outhere there is soooo many things that push us down , that then we need to "Refill" our spirits , and my music is like that , uplifting , joyous , happy , beautiful ... ... The entire recipe to keep your spirit up and healthy.

kim0: Can you take us to your world. What do you dream about?

I dream about a world , a paradise , where all the people are harmonized to each other , linked to each other. I always believed in real love too , and i think now i found my other "half of my soul" , Rossana , my girlfriend. Thats what my music reflects , it says who i am , what i want , and thats why i love so much the goa trance music , because it is everything good in life.

kim0: Yeah,i must admit,you are a poet

Well it looks that i am one afterall,hahaha. :)

kim0: Now,lets talk about music. How did it all start and why?

It started back in 96-97 when i was in school , i was crazy about electronic sounds , and i was specially insane by the TB-303 sound , the ACID (in that time i didnt know what was it called). Then a school mate of my class gave me a tape , i used to use a tape walkman in that time too (oh yea the good ol´times hehe) , then i started to listen to the tape and then i got sooo damn amazed by the melodies because they were arabic , egyptian , eastern melodies, and i was so in love with those melodies that i instantly fell in love with that music , i never got to know what was that genre of music , i even asked my school mate but he didnt know cause it was one of his brother´s tapes.

Then after a lot of listenings the tape got wrecked and i never got to know what was that music genre till i met a friend of my brother´s in the year 2000 , he got this VA-Goa Head vol-12 , as soon as i listened to RA- Initiated , i got to know what was that music i had on tape and then boom , thats how i got to know it was called "Goa-Trance".

I decided to make goa-trance cause i simply loved the harmony in the music and the eastern melodies . That was the enough to give me the feeling to start doing it by my way , cause sometimes i was listening to some goa tunes and i always tought : "if it would be me i would do this in the song , i would to that on the song .." etc..

kim0: You loved it at first listening.

Indeed.

kimo: And can u tell us who is ur Goa God,who influenced you the most?

All of the artists.

Cause everyone contributed to what i am now , I love Asia 2001 , Miranda , RA , Cyan , Cosmosis , Psygone , MFG , Space Tribe , Hallucinogen , Transwave ,Amanite FX , almost all of them really , i have no Goa God , just because all of them are the Goa Gods.

kim0: So where do you find inspiration for melodies?

Nowhere really , most of the people are always saying i sound like this artist , that artist ,but the thing is that all the melodies i do come from me , i have to admit i was heavly influenced by the old skool sound , but nowadays i barely listen to Goa music , most of the times i just sit on the computer and start composing . Then the music just starts building by itself!

kim0: yeah,u dont have problems with that,for sure

Yeah, I dont.

Its good if sometimes people say i remind them MFG or any other group , thats one of the reasons i produce goa , its always good to feel some nostalgia.

kim0: And what is the most beautiful moment on party for when you are playing?

The most beautiful moment when I am playin on a party is when everyone are in harmony with me , are feeling what i am saying in the music , following my story and dancing like nobody´s watching!

kim0: And when you are on the Dancefloor?

When I am on the dance floor , 1st i have to like the music , i know that nowadays anyone can be put behind the decks , because its so easy to make music today so its not easy to put me dancing . I like to dance to music that i feel it is art , it is done with the heart and spirit not done for the money or even the public , a true artist have to know that music is not a toy , most of the so called "Artists" nowadays are only doing it for the money & fame, and not for the heart and soul and this is already happening in psytrance world .

kim0: Yeah,i must admit that you are doing it from heart,i feel it.

I also know that we artists (i speak for myself) have to get a reward cause while we´re doing music we sweat a lot, so there is no harm in getting paid for the music we do , but an artist cant get simply "blind" by the money and then follow fame and fortune.

Or else you´ll lose the real spirit bit by bit and then when you´ll stop and you will realize you´ve simply .. .. lost it.

kim0: What do u think,can Goa hit back?

I always believed in the "Ressurection" , always believed on it since i started to produce goa . i always have been bashed by the portuguese fullon producers saying that : "its old , nobody likes that! " or "you´ll never be able to be released with that music." these are only a small percentage of the quotes i have in mind , but i always struggled for what i like , what i love ,i have to show what the movement needs , not what the public say i need , because i am the artist and i have the power.

Goa can hit back indeed , i am sure that are so many people out there in the world that love the old style and the old sounds that brought so much to them , so yes i believe we can have our small corner and simply have fun and enjoy

kim0: And what is a perfect place for goa party?

I like to play anywhere , what it matters most is the people , because the people make the mood , if we´re all PLUR , then we will have an hell of a party!

A perfect place for a goa party to me would be near on a beach , surrounded with beautiful trees , the moon and the stars shining , blue sky and the sun real bright in the morning , everybody chanting and to be as one , and specially leave our problems and "dirt" from this world outside , we´re on a gathering to forget all our problems and to be blessed , refill our spirits with strenght to fight on our survival out on this society , people that try to step on you , etc , all the day-by-day problems.

In a simple way , go to a party to have fun and leave all the problems and fuck-a-roos outside.

cause if we´re always constantly thinking about problems , we go mental

kim0: And just tell us something about your plans for the future.

Well my plans for the future are to be happy with Rossana , work on my 2nd album for Shivlink Records since my 1st album will be on Metapsychic Records (for free) , and this 1st album will have all my oldies since 2004 till 2007 , unreleased stuff that im sure that everyone will enjoy it .

kim0: Something u wanna tell us all for the end of this great interview?

Hehehehe, I enjoyed this interview so much that i was right thinking "is it already finished?!"

Hehehehe , ok i would like to say thanks to everybody that has been on my side all this time , Joske @ Suntrip records for all the support and everything you´ve done for me , Vassilis & Martin for beeing my friends , supporting my work and Metapsychic Rec. all the time and Rossana for loving me for real.

Thanks to the people outhere that love my music and vibes , dont lose the hope and faith on goa trance and i hope that everybody will enjoy "Untold Stories" on metapsychic records and then my official album on shivlink. Peace , and thank u very much Kimo for such lovely interview .

kim0: Thank you for your time and helping us to know you better.Wish you all the best in your future and life.

That was a Lost Buddha,or should we call him "Pipe",guy who makes Good vibes,keeping problems far away and spreading love all around.

Interview by kim0 aka mAn_WiTh_No_Name.

Guest Cosmogenesis

"Outer limits" is definitely a masterpiece, my fav from Psygone! :D What a shame the "optimystic" album is a bit underrated IMO! :(

Btw, thanx for this great & authentic interview, Filipe & Kimo. :)

• 2 weeks later...