Most ahead of it's time?

fosku

the trio kevin saunderson/derrick may/juan atkins would be my pick! :)

I feel ya on this one, but with all due respect, I'd call these three something that goes over being ahead of their times... If it makes any sense, I would say that these are the guys that created the times that others went ahead of. They are absolutely out of any temporal boundry!!! Outstanding figures in the universe of electronic music.

Seeing you really got me into techno now, I'd put Joey Beltram right around two inches behind these guys. The stuff he produced around '90-'92 sounds fresher today than 85% of recent techno production.

For my part, I will say: M.F.G.

I dunno, I guess I'll forever be one of the few individuals who hinks that M.F.G. only kept on building onto what other producers made, rather than innovating themselves. Far from that I don't like them, I just think they are great producers in their own time, but nothing groundbreaking or trend setting. Respect nonetheless!

...Did I mention Man with No Name?...

Lately I have seen many people say good things about this artist in the general section. A few years ago when I was first getting into psytrance I bought his album "Interstate Highway" after hearing a track from it on digitallyimported radio; personally I think it's the weakest psytrance album I own (except for IM the Supervisor of course...); is there some other stuff of his to which I should listen?

Lately I have seen many people say good things about this artist in the general section. A few years ago when I was first getting into psytrance I bought his album "Interstate Highway" after hearing a track from it on digitallyimported radio; personally I think it's the weakest psytrance album I own (except for IM the Supervisor of course...); is there some other stuff of his to which I should listen?

of course.. his older stuff.

Check MOMENT OF TRUTH & EARTH MOVING THE SUN

I feel ya on this one, but with all due respect, I'd call these three something that goes over being ahead of their times... If it makes any sense, I would say that these are the guys that created the times that others went ahead of. They are absolutely out of any temporal boundry!!! Outstanding figures in the universe of electronic music.

Seeing you really got me into techno now, I'd put Joey Beltram right around two inches behind these guys. The stuff he produced around '90-'92 sounds fresher today than 85% of recent techno production.

Yeah but you have to remember Atkins' Cybotron project which already in early 80s was producing (before techno came around big time) some serious electro tunes. :) Not even mentioning Model 500!

But hey isn't it being seriously ahead of your time when you're part of creating a whole new genre? :)

I gotta take a closer look on Beltram. Somehow I've always managed to miss his productions. Thanx for reminding.

Yeah but you have to remember Atkins' Cybotron project which already in early 80s was producing (before techno came around big time) some serious electro tunes. :) Not even mentioning Model 500!

But hey isn't it being seriously ahead of your time when you're part of creating a whole new genre? :)

I gotta take a closer look on Beltram. Somehow I've always managed to miss his productions. Thanx for reminding.

Oh, if we are going to get into that side of the electronica, then Joey Beltram is definetly one of them as well. I would say that Air Liquide (Cem Oral & Ingmar Koch aka Jammin Unit & Walker). Robert Leiner aka The Source Experience, also managed to create some of the most amazing sound way before his time as well. I think though that Cari Lekebusch at the time had a pretty similar sound. Robert Leiner being one of the Main sound engineers at R&S Records. I can strongly Recommend to check out anything that Robert or Cari did in the early days.

Other people on the R&S Label that imo were pioneers of electronica were:

Jaydee (plastic dreams anyone?)

Model 500 aka Juan Atkins (No comment needed hehe)

Ken Ishii

Sun Electric (Wow)

CJ Bolland (!!)

and many many more!

Check out R&S at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/label/R+%26+S+Records)

also do make sure to check out their Chill/Ambient label called Apollo (http://www.discogs.com/label/Apollo) which hosted names like Aphex Twin and Biosphere :)

Now, let me see, other pioneers of Electronica, especially trance would be Ralf Hildenbeutel (Mostly famous for his production of the Sven Vath stuff) and other people on the Harthouse label.

There are plenty of pioneers, way ahead of their time, I mean check out Energy 52 - Cafe del Mar and and Cygnus X - Orange Theme, which if they wouldnt have been produced, I think we wouldnt have producers like Tiesto today (If thats good or bad, I let you decide!).

Another label that probably was a milestone in electronic music, and electronic new thinking is Tresor imo. From the same town (Berlin) you had MFS, which hosted mastermind Cosmic Baby etc etc.

Going up to Sweden, Planet Rhythm, was a label that in the Early days (With Cari Lekebuschs sound) changed a lot in how Techno sounded. However there were labels with similar sound already around, like Experimental for instance.

Down to the southern regions of Scandinavia you then had Son Kite and Ticon to produce some of the music that has influenced MANY progressive acts. And lets not forget about KAB (Karl Axel Bissler) which is one of the most forward thinking producers that I have heard ever.

Well, Derrick May, Jeff Mills and Steve Bug, do not need an explanation, they are just... well they are!!

Anyways, I could go on and on about this, but for now. End of the history lesson for today :)

Oh, if we are going to get into that side of the electronica, then Joey Beltram is definetly one of them as well. I would say that Air Liquide (Cem Oral & Ingmar Koch aka Jammin Unit & Walker). Robert Leiner aka The Source Experience, also managed to create some of the most amazing sound way before his time as well. I think though that Cari Lekebusch at the time had a pretty similar sound. Robert Leiner being one of the Main sound engineers at R&S Records. I can strongly Recommend to check out anything that Robert or Cari did in the early days.

Other people on the R&S Label that imo were pioneers of electronica were:

Jaydee (plastic dreams anyone?)

Model 500 aka Juan Atkins (No comment needed hehe)

Ken Ishii

Sun Electric (Wow)

CJ Bolland (!!)

and many many more!

Check out R&S at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/label/R+%26+S+Records)

also do make sure to check out their Chill/Ambient label called Apollo (http://www.discogs.com/label/Apollo) which hosted names like Aphex Twin and Biosphere :)

Now, let me see, other pioneers of Electronica, especially trance would be Ralf Hildenbeutel (Mostly famous for his production of the Sven Vath stuff) and other people on the Harthouse label.

There are plenty of pioneers, way ahead of their time, I mean check out Energy 52 - Cafe del Mar and and Cygnus X - Orange Theme, which if they wouldnt have been produced, I think we wouldnt have producers like Tiesto today (If thats good or bad, I let you decide!).

Another label that probably was a milestone in electronic music, and electronic new thinking is Tresor imo. From the same town (Berlin) you had MFS, which hosted mastermind Cosmic Baby etc etc.

Going up to Sweden, Planet Rhythm, was a label that in the Early days (With Cari Lekebuschs sound) changed a lot in how Techno sounded. However there were labels with similar sound already around, like Experimental for instance.

Down to the southern regions of Scandinavia you then had Son Kite and Ticon to produce some of the music that has influenced MANY progressive acts. And lets not forget about KAB (Karl Axel Bissler) which is one of the most forward thinking producers that I have heard ever.

Well, Derrick May, Jeff Mills and Steve Bug, do not need an explanation, they are just... well they are!!

Anyways, I could go on and on about this, but for now. End of the history lesson for today :)

Not already mentioned....Speedy J and Orbital....some poeple like The Orb too.

Not already mentioned....Speedy J and Orbital....some poeple like The Orb too.

Yes, they should also be mentioned, but the list is sooooo big.... so much to talk about, so much music to listen to.... im overwhelmed! :D

CJ Bolland (!!)

CJ Bolland's early stuff from the 4th Signal, like "camargue"... B)

Agreed with you on a 100% scale, especially on the Tresor Records part! Remember "Der klange der familie", Maurzios's "Lyot", "The extremist"(!!!) and the immaculate, perfect, superb and timeless "Sonic destroyer"!!!!!! And some of those old R. Hood releases...

Gosh, Derrick May... the piano stabs on "the strings"...

And what about the mixmaster wizard mr. Dave Clarke and his three vinyl "Red" series (where I tend to consider "Protective custody" and "Wisdom to the wise" the tracks to watch out for here... Who had before him those rewind effects on their tracks. Or Wait! On "The woki", remember how he created a whole distorted vibe and sound from an elefant making those noises, and then twisting them so as to form an effect?

Not already mentioned....Speedy J.

Oh yeah, every time I hear Speedy J's "Ping pong" or "The oil zone" from his classic G Spot album, I get tears in my eyes...

I'd like two acts who based upon one track they produced took music further than some artists do with 5 albums:

Ecstassy Club- Jesus loves the acid

Phuture- Acid trax

Try out with his 1996 release "Classics". There you should assimilate in one sitting the techno tunes which make techno techno ;) .

As for Atkins, I agree, though I never gave much attention to Cybotron... :rolleyes: ... I know it's probably only for the worse, but no matter how hard I try, I just CAN'T enjoy electro music! I just can't do it... Oh wait! Dopplereffekt are fantastic! Speaking of being ahead of the times, these Detroit (but the names got everyone fooled! I know I thought they were german at first :D ) dons of electro music are spectacular. With a capital S.