Sound Sculpters

In your opinion and experience,which synth(s) offers the best assets for working on sound,transforming it completely and really creating something?

a machine that offers the widest spectrum of possibilities.Where you can experiment with all aspects of sound,were the only limit is your imagination??? You know,one that really gives the word "synthesizer" its true meaning?

analog,digital,old or new,it doesnt matter... ;)

I haven't got any hardware synths yet. At the time I use VSTi-plugins. My favourite ones are Albino (a lot of successful producers use it, e.g. Mubali, Ocelot) and Vanguard.

Well if you want software, probably my vote would go to Reaktor for being potentially the closest to limitless. Of course its a monster to learn how to use deeply, but the thing has some much potential and even just shared resources available for registered users is probably far more than most artists would ever use or need.

guys....am talking about hardware!!! vsts are different!!! ;)

nord modular...never played with one...is it really modular (patches with cables?)...or semi???

Appa...that looks nice and the specs are interesting! how does it play??

...but its all buttons man...were are the knobs??? :P (oh wait i see some on the top...)

hhmmm...weird...I expected more mentions of Oberheims,ARP's....

nord modular...never played with one...is it really modular (patches with cables?)...or semi???

Proper proper modular. Patches with cables and everything. Including staring at the editor for an hour wondering why the fuck your patch isn't making any sound at all.

Proper proper modular. Patches with cables and everything. Including staring at the editor for an hour wondering why the fuck your patch isn't making any sound at all.

hey thats the beauty of modulars! you have to think what you are doing,instead of randomly pressing buttons and hoping that it sounds good.... I have a pic of a System 700....its impressive :ph34r:

did it sell well? most ppl go over convinience over creativity these days... ;)

:lol: Absolutely, but no-one mentioned selling it! My God, I'd be crazy to, it's unique!

Posted Image

maaaaan..... :lol: I wasnt talking about you selling it....I was wondering if a lot of ppl bought it !!!(you know ,from shops and stuff...) :lol: :lol:

my screen is fucked up man...I can only see the keys!!! :(

maaaaan..... :lol: I wasnt talking about you selling it....I was wondering if a lot of ppl bought it !!!(you know ,from shops and stuff...) :lol::lol:

my screen is fucked up man...I can only see the keys!!! :(

It's chrome... :P

I think the original NM sold fairly well; you occasionally see them crop up on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nord-Modular-Rack-Vi...1QQcmdZViewItem

It's chrome... :P

I think the original NM sold fairly well; you occasionally see them crop up on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nord-Modular-Rack-Vi...1QQcmdZViewItem

pimped eh? :P

it looks interesting....so its virtual patches.???no actual cables??? would love to see how that works...

anw...I have to catch some zzzzzz's now.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...