a dream

Ale

dark soho, mfg, space cat, infected mushroom, orion, talamasca, space tribe, etnica, pleiadians, cosmosis, future prophecy, dna, man with no name, sandman, oforia . . .

I have to agree with Ale here... there are many goa/psy producers who started making full on nowadays and that pisses me off as much as him.

I don't mind some random, inexperienced kidz making full on, but as he say, I could also never imagine that all these artists will sell themselves for ' some modern sound '.

Ale, I add on your list Electric Universe, Astral Projection, Joti Sidhu, Dino Psaras... they've all lost it... :unsure:

IMO Infected Mushroom produced psytrance from the beginning, not goa.

I respect those fuckers, all those years, they taking shit from all sides and don't give a fuck, I'm looking forward for their remixes, let's see how much surprise they can squeeze out of themself.

This is just a dumb topic... Not that I approve older acts switching over to full on or whatever, but hey, it is their artisitc freedom to produce what the hell they want, whether we want to like it or not!

So just keep the good memories to yourself, I have my own share of them as well, but we all already know everything there is or was about "the good all days", and I can't believe that there are still people bitching about this in 2007...

And that type of artistic adaption to the times should also tell you something about the artist as well: back when goa trance was the thing, and when it was profitable to produce it, that's exactly what producers did. Now when full on is the main thing, in the eternal pursuit of money, artists moved on to produce full on. Or anything else that fattens their wallet for that matter. 'Cause hey! Guess what? Even they gotta pay some bills and eat... So what does that tell you about the mentality of your average psy/goa trance artist?

Draw your own conclusions...

IMO Infected Mushroom produced psytrance from the beginning, not goa.

Yeah, that thought also crossed my mind when I read the list. Same for Talamasca imho.

The old goa sound will only be back when the spirit of the hippies become alive again.

The wave speech from fear and loathing fits the 90`s too:

"San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run . . . but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant. . . .

History is hard to know, because of all the hired bullshit, but even without being sure of "history" it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time — and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened.

My central memory of that time seems to hang on one or five or maybe forty nights — or very early mornings — when I left the Fillmore half-crazy and, instead of going home, aimed the big 650 Lightning across the Bay Bridge at a hundred miles an hour wearing L. L. Bean shorts and a Butte sheepherder's jacket . . . booming through the Treasure Island tunnel at the lights of Oakland and Berkeley and Richmond, not quite sure which turn-off to take when I got to the other end (always stalling at the toll-gate, too twisted to find neutral while I fumbled for change) . . . but being absolutely certain that no matter which way I went I would come to a place where people were just as high and wild as I was: No doubt at all about that. . . .

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. If not across the Bay, then up the Golden Gate or down 101 to Los Altos or La Honda. . . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .

And that, I think, was the handle — that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting — on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .

So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark — that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back."

We just need another wave...im still waiting :D

is it possible old goa trance maestros bored producing full on return to produce goa trance one day?

well, as allready mentioned - when making and playing goa will be paying of as good as full on and perhaps even better then we will see new wave of goa producers, mass one, just like in 90s and with most of the oldschool producers returning, but till then youll have to stick with full on :P

then good luck, because shit aint gonna happen ;)

im waiting for one million $ to win in lottery, but oh my, i dont even have lottery ticket :D

dark soho, mfg, space cat, infected mushroom, orion, talamasca, space tribe, etnica, pleiadians, cosmosis, future prophecy, dna, man with no name, sandman, oforia . . .

its sandmans fault that we have minimal now ;)

I have to agree with Ale here... there are many goa/psy producers who started making full on nowadays and that pisses me off as much as him.

I don't mind some random, inexperienced kidz making full on, but as he say, I could also never imagine that all these artists will sell themselves for ' some modern sound '.

Ale, I add on your list Electric Universe, Astral Projection, Joti Sidhu, Dino Psaras... they've all lost it... :unsure:

so its perfectly ok, for artists to stagnate in the old sound!? :)

its sandmans fault that we have minimal now ;)

What is wrong with minimal ? :rolleyes:

so its perfectly ok, for artists to stagnate in the old sound!? :)

So it's perfectly ok for all of them to sound the same ? :P

The old goa sound will only be back when the spirit of the hippies become alive again.

"San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of.

Hippies? Sixties? San Francisco? I thought the issue here was about the mid '90s goa trance legends switching over to full on/progressive or whatever the hell they felt like producing...

What is wrong with minimal ? :rolleyes:

I didnt say there is something wrong with Minimal, but sandman was clearly never Goa trance...

thats a bit contradictious of you to say so ;)

This is just a dumb topic... Not that I approve older acts switching over to full on or whatever, but hey, it is their artisitc freedom to produce what the hell they want, whether we want to like it or not!

So just keep the good memories to yourself, I have my own share of them as well, but we all already know everything there is or was about "the good all days", and I can't believe that there are still people bitching about this in 2007...

And that type of artistic adaption to the times should also tell you something about the artist as well: back when goa trance was the thing, and when it was profitable to produce it, that's exactly what producers did. Now when full on is the main thing, in the eternal pursuit of money, artists moved on to produce full on. Or anything else that fattens their wallet for that matter. 'Cause hey! Guess what? Even they gotta pay some bills and eat... So what does that tell you about the mentality of your average psy/goa trance artist?

Draw your own conclusions...

Still it's they who present their music for us, the people who enjoy listening to the artist.

You also don't go to a party where the DJ is just playing music that he wants.

"San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run . . . but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant. . . .

History is hard to know, because of all the hired bullshit, but even without being sure of "history" it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time — and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened.

My central memory of that time seems to hang on one or five or maybe forty nights — or very early mornings — when I left the Fillmore half-crazy and, instead of going home, aimed the big 650 Lightning across the Bay Bridge at a hundred miles an hour wearing L. L. Bean shorts and a Butte sheepherder's jacket . . . booming through the Treasure Island tunnel at the lights of Oakland and Berkeley and Richmond, not quite sure which turn-off to take when I got to the other end (always stalling at the toll-gate, too twisted to find neutral while I fumbled for change) . . . but being absolutely certain that no matter which way I went I would come to a place where people were just as high and wild as I was: No doubt at all about that. . . .

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. If not across the Bay, then up the Golden Gate or down 101 to Los Altos or La Honda. . . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .

And that, I think, was the handle — that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting — on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .

So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark — that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back."

don't worry mate i know where you are comin from, we won't have to wait long, as long as it's before december 2012!!!

but thats another story

thats a bit contradictious of you to say so ;)

Why ? They all had their developed style and since they all moved to full on genre, now they all sound the same. I don't see the diversity. :rolleyes:

Why ? They all had their developed style and since they all moved to full on genre, now they all sound the same. I don't see the diversity. :rolleyes:

read my first post, which you then answered, and then go back to the post that I qouted you on, and you will understand what I am saying :P:)

read my first post, which you then answered, and then go back to the post that I qouted you on, and you will understand what I am saying :P:)

I've understood it all, what I am saying is why is the logical progression of the artist to move onto genre everyone are making these days ?

Still it's they who present their music for us, the people who enjoy listening to the artist.

You also don't go to a party where the DJ is just playing music that he wants.

Yes, but it seems as though that the vast majority of those people approve what these "switched over to new styles" artists are doing, otherwise they would have never went on to produce other kinds of trance music.

As for the DJs, I've been to both: I've been to parties where the DJ went in a direction of his own, playing basically for himself and the people were like: "What the f**k is this guy thinking? He must be on some other s**t!!!", and I've been to parties where the DJ played the type of tunes which got the crowd hyped and screaming!

I tend to play more for myself than the crowd some of the time... mainly because any other goof can play full-on anthems back-to-back, and I would like to show people some depth and subtlety at times... it all depends though. It never makes sense to do it the same way all the time.

As for this topic... I am far past caring why the hell some of the old school maestros make dull predictable DJ fodder (or worse) these days... just remember that for every Dino Psaras there is a Gus Till.

I tend to play more for myself than the crowd some of the time... mainly because any other goof can play full-on anthems back-to-back, and I would like to show people some depth and subtlety at times... it all depends though. It never makes sense to do it the same way all the time.

As for this topic... I am far past caring why the hell some of the old school maestros make dull predictable DJ fodder (or worse) these days... just remember that for every Dino Psaras there is a Gus Till.

I've only heard Gus Till's albums (great stuff)

How arwe his sets? Chilled out stuff? Trippy trance?

I've only heard Gus Till's albums (great stuff)

How arwe his sets? Chilled out stuff? Trippy trance?

If I'm not mistaken, Gus Till came to Zagreb about 6 years ago. Actually I'm quite positive it was six years ago, and I know it may sound awkward that I base my judgement upon just one set, but it was downright amazing. It was without a doubt one of the greatest sets I have ever listened to. No chilled stuff, just some really nice "trippy trance" to use your expression. I seriously hope he kept up with that pace, because that was something I won't be forgetting for a while...