RIDIcolous

Ale

somebody called it Goa?

When? :huh:

What kind of a topic is this? The only idiots I saw calling today's psy trance garbage goa are those imbecils from Yellow Sunshine Explosion Records who have those compilations filled with proggy stuff, but constantly keep on stamping those GOA front covers!!! As though we were back in '95-'96. Jesus Christ! And I don't believe people are buying that shit... :lol::lol::lol:

What kind of a topic is this? The only idiots I saw calling today's psy trance garbage goa are those imbecils from Yellow Sunshine Explosion Records who have those compilations filled with proggy stuff, but constantly keep on stamping those GOA front covers!!! As though we were back in '95-'96. Jesus Christ! And I don't believe people are buying that shit... :lol::lol::lol:

Goa generation, The dark side of goa, Goa girl ...

A radio in my country play full on and say Goa, don't say full on; people think unhearable full on is goa!

Goa was best kind of music for listening

maybe you should....

TURN OFF THE RADIO, ALE!!!

Just in case you haven't noticed: Goa is just a name for a music style and not a trademark. Where I live all psyparties, no matter if it's full-on, progressive or old-school goa that's get played. And why not, Goa is the root of those styles. If this is your biggest problem in live, you must be quite happy! ;)

A radio in my country play full on and say Goa, don't say full on; people think unhearable full on is goa!

Goa was best kind of music for listening

la lala lala <_<

Yes..we all like goa. Can we discuss something else?

I like puppies.

And kittens.

And brown paper packages tied up with string.... :lol:

So, whats the problem? Cant move on in life? Produce something that is GOA then and stop bitching about the scene. Bitching, but not doing something about it, is like wanking and stopping JUST BEFORE you cum, and then complain that you didnt have an orgasm. Full on this, full on that... progressive this progressive that... SO WHAT?!

I mean, yeah, you can complain, but be constructive F.F.S. ;)

don't forget GOA-HEAD, my favourite compilation :)

I still love the title despite it's not goa anymore what they put on their discs. But Goa-Head is the best example of how well a compilation series that started with goa trance back in the days has dynamically developed with the scene and thus nowadays still manages to surprise me with some awesome psytrance tunes. And I also like it because they have it in the pun in their title ... "goahead, goa head", you know ... it's a message for people like you, Ale, that always bitch about nowadays and glorify the old days but forget that there is something brilliant out there today aswell.

I agree that todays psytrance shouldn't be called goa trance anymore. Goa trance for me is somehow the oldschool stuff ... thus I agree with Ale on that point. And in the scene here we already knew that long ago and use the specific genre terms such as prog or fullon. But the non-knowing people out there, they still call it goa ... if I tell people I'm going to a prog-psy party they all make strange faces, but if I just say "oh, I'm going to a goa festy" everybody knows instantly. I only use the term for communication outside the scene anymore, because out there many people know about goa, but hardly anybod knows about psy. And a reason for that is also the mass-marketing of this goa spirit and symbols by big commercial labels such as YSE ... in Saturn (an electronic market) I can see loads of YSE "goa trance" (the shelf section is called like that!) CDs nowadays! It just is like that...

Just a quick question.

I haven't been to goa for ages, what kind of music are they playing there at the moment?

According to various topics at Isratrance the parties either have dark psy or morning full on.

According to various topics at Isratrance the parties either have dark psy or morning full on.

I would think it fair to call the music buzzing around goa, goa music.

Goa is a place first! Music style second!