Shpongle Live has been cancelled

yohankiwi

Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks. Perhaps my most anticipated live event of the year has just been cancelled. :( Raja Ram doesn't want to play in Brixton Academy and theyve already booked it, so they're not going to be doing Shpongle Live anymore :(

From Shpongle's myspace page:

Ok, so i am afraid that raja ram said 'No'... he won't do Brixton Academy... which means that right now, there no plans for a Shpongle Live Show... but on the positive side, we HAVE committed to making a fourth shpongle album.... all that time we would have spent working on a live show, we can now put into the studio... there WILL be a Shpongle 4! Hooray!

unfortunately, raj pulling out of the gig has left us with a huge brixton academy sized hole in the record label... the deposit has been paid...any suggestions as to what to do with the date? we are thinking possibly a Younger Brother launch party for the new album, with Hallucinogen-in-Dub live...?

Still the possibility of a younger brother launch party with OTT live is pretty damn good (in fact, it's pretty damn amazing :rolleyes: ), as is the confirmation of Shpongle 4. Can't help but to feel disappointed though, I was looking forward to this SO much :(

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shpongle 4?

nothing lasts eh? yeah, i'd say!

hmm i dont care about the live.. but i really like to see what their 4th album will be like! didn't like the 3rd so much (compared with first 2 its not what i would be expecting) but they might yet move away from the more "easy to digest" style back to the "mystical" style ;)

now, i take bets. when will the 4th shpongle be released? 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 ?

place bets now!

edit: btw what does "he won't do brixton academy" mean? surely if he didn't like the venue they wouldn't have booked it in the first place? so? whatever..

Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks. Perhaps my most anticipated live event of the year has just been cancelled. :( Raja Ram doesn't want to play in Brixton Academy and theyve already booked it, so they're not going to be doing Shpongle Live anymore :(

From Shpongle's myspace page:

Still the possibility of a younger brother launch party with OTT live is pretty damn good (in fact, it's pretty damn amazing :rolleyes: ), as is the confirmation of Shpongle 4. Can't help but to feel disappointed though, I was looking forward to this SO much :(

Sounds like IM disease...(too big for their boots :angry: )

now, i take bets. when will the 4th shpongle be released? 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 ?

place bets now!

edit: btw what does "he won't do brixton academy" mean? surely if he didn't like the venue they wouldn't have booked it in the first place? so? whatever..

He probably doesn't like the venue, doesn't think it's good enough for shpongle ;) You're right though, twas a bit silly of them to book it if this is how raja felt about it...

As for shpongle 4, I'm going to be optimistic and say late 2008, early 2009 :rolleyes:

The 3rd album was the most mature Shpongle album ever from my point of view!

It's so pity to cancel that event in a SUCH place!

Both sides have lost.

I also thought (as Shpongle has named their 3rd album) that would be the last one :(

I read here that maybe they will release a 4th album?This is great news then!

Anyway, next time lads :P

sad to hear about the live..

but does anyone know, what happened to the shpongle box set?? i have'nt heared of it since that they wanted to launch it last year.. and i'm looking forward to hear these ureleased tracks that the extra cd should contain.. or will they just put them to their new album then? anyone knows something?

sad to hear about the live..

but does anyone know, what happened to the shpongle box set?? i have'nt heared of it since that they wanted to launch it last year.. and i'm looking forward to hear these ureleased tracks that the extra cd should contain.. or will they just put them to their new album then? anyone knows something?

Nooo idea, that's been up in the air for months. I'm guessing they might abandon it now though if theyre doing a 4th CD, as it was supposed to contain all of their CDs. Ah well, would rather a new album tbh ;)

Euhm, good for the 4th album but yeah, bad news for cancelling The Live everyone were expecting on this continent. I still hope they won't do the salsa this time. :unsure:

I'm not that interested in Shpongle live anyway but a launch party for the Younger Brother album ith Ott - Hallucinogen In Dub live just sounds delicious. But I somewhat doubt I will have money to make it to London anyway.

Shpongle Live cancelled? Shame :(

4th Shpongle album confirmed? B)^_^:)-_-:wub:

I might be in England around the time this is being planned for. Hope the dates coincide as it's a really expensive trip & I'd really like to see OTT Hallucinogen in Dub Live :wub:

I thought you were deported and not allowed back in the UK until 2012?

I might be in England around the time this is being planned for. Hope the dates coincide as it's a really expensive trip & I'd really like to see OTT Hallucinogen in Dub Live :wub:

Hmm Im thinking of the same... and flight from dk is quite cheap! Ott live is fantastic! Saw him play in a tent in Portugal once.... I was in heaven in those three hours! Did'nt even have time to get my camera, I did'nt want to miss out one second of it :wub:

But shpongle 4.... sounds great... if it happens :) !!!! too bad with the live show, i really had been looking forward to that :(

That's not really bad news that the live has been cancelled ... this way I save a lot of money :D

Next time they hopefully still perform a live somewhere in Europe ... at best somewhere in eastern Europe, then it will be cheap...

Hmm Im thinking of the same... and flight from dk is quite cheap! Ott live is fantastic! Saw him play in a tent in Portugal once.... I was in heaven in those three hours! Did'nt even have time to get my camera, I did'nt want to miss out one second of it :wub:

I really hope if OTT plays live then he plays some blumenkraft stuff too. As much as i love hallucinogen in dub i would have to say blumenkraft is my favourite out of the two

It is written on their website that the boxset has also been cancelled...

Shit...

I gave all my shpongle cds last year when they anouced the release of the boxset for january !2006!...

Bha, from now on I'll do what everyone did a long time ago...lose all credibility in all Twisted promises...

:angry: