Infected Mushroom - Becoming Insane ! (BNE/Yoyo)

The video is hilariously crappy.. :)

They are talented and everyone knows it but they are on the train to success and compromise is the first rule, u either accept or remain in the shadows.. but when i listen to pop i prefer to listen to evanescence or the similar which has always been pop/rock :D

When i see the video of Shidapu - India Spirit... that is something but then again it was another era (looks like millions years have passed).

Respect to them for making loads of dollars..

‘Becoming Insane’ has been played throughout the last year in each of Infected Mushroom’s concerts held around the world and has turned to be one of the key tracks from the upcoming album. This song blends flamenco beats, guitar driven riffs along with Duvdev’s haunting vocals and hosts Gil Cerezo, the lead singer of ‘Kinky’, one of Mexico’s most appreciated and successful bands.

Haunting vocals? Jesus. You'd think someone would have told him by now that he can't sing to save his fucking life. I honestly get the impression he thinks he's the lead singer of a rock band or something.

I was hoping their new album would take a different direction to I'M the Supervisor but it seems that's the style their sticking with. Pity as that's reason enough for me not to buy it.

All the respect for IM, some of my favorite tracks of the history of trance are his. I do not like the direction that takes IM.

More commercial than melodic.

I have verified that to people whom it does not like psytrance likes him much this track, for what ??

Listen this, is very similar to another “very popular” track (Almost in Lyrics).

IM vs "Betty La Fea"

Sorry but I do this in my work with few tools... [No coments]

I dont understanu wery well? On moment its look like u dissatisfied with this track and at one moment its look like u defend them for this what they do.

Look, i know that story "Mony takes away" but... why they do that now, when they are the most expensive artists in trance music in d world. Why they are not do same thing earlier. Ok i know, everybody always need the bloody mony, but why, project like that, one SHIDAPU with VERTIGO, one IM with tracks like Return of the shadows or Virtual Voyage or the bigest composition ever, the simphony of trance, ANYONE ELSE BUT ME. I cry like baby on that track. Why this. If hi like to singing, side project with vocals and sing 24/7. This is not heppening!

LMAO :lol::lol::lol:

Infected Mushroom have won their respect in my heart:

The Gathering changed what people expected of psytrance (everything was very Delta/X-Dream'ish prior to its release),

Classical Mushroom is one of the best albums I've ever heard - including Bust A Move, one of the most energetic and

beautiful trance anthems (yes, it is an anthem) ever released,

B.P. Empire is very high quality and although it speaks less to me, has one of my top 5 favourite pieces of music ever in any genre - Dancing With Kadafi,

Converting Vegetarians is the first step in a downwards trend for IM but it still includes some very cool tracks and a great combination with Berry Sakharof,

IM the Supervisor has lots of really sad, non-psy, shite tracks - but it also has Stretched, Meduzze, Bombat which are some of IM's best pieces.

Besides, I've started listening to psytrance because of Infected Mushroom, and without them would have never discovered Artifakt, Jaia, Jikkenteki, Ka-Sol, Pleiadians, Shpongle, Ott and so many other great psy artists (what a weird blend of artists, but what can I say - I love 'em all).

However, what Infected Mushroom play today is barely psytrance. Their shows are commercial, horrible crap - with the masses I can see in Linkin Park concerts. Their music has Radio Edits, targetted at worldwide public playlists.

Their music isn't played during a sunrise in the desert, or a sunset near the beach.

I can't blame them - they want financial security, they want global success, they want to break through. This requires a compromise of music style - something that will talk to most everyone. And they're doing it.

I respect them, or rather - what they have accomplished. I sadly doubt that I'll be getting their latest.

I agree with everything here. It's funny, I seem to have almost exactly the same taste in music. I somehow like IM the Supervisor, though, but Becoming Insane sounds horrible.

this is the worst IM track ever.. but i still want to hear their trance songs, there must be a few nice ones on it ;)

I agree. I'm sure a few of the tracks will be good.

I'm guessing the ones without crappy singing :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I was devastated when I heard the song... Despite their newest album, they still were my heroes...

but this.

LATIN POP ROCK!?!?!?

just what the hell are they thinking!? this doesn't work at any level :( (maybe when you're overdosing on e at their live gig, but only maybe)

I'm very dissappointed. If they want to go pop, Sub6 & Michele Adamson are doing it way better than this.

Unfortunately this is the time where psytrance bands get too commercial, although they don't play psytrance anymore :(

From my point of view Converting Vegeterians album was the best ever album from Infected Mushroom.

Sorry guys I don't follow you anymore :(

Guys, you're probably gonna hate me for this, but this "Becoming Insane" track is actually quite good!

I mean, if you forget for one second that IM are / were psytrance. I'd probably like it to be a bit longer, with some crazy acid tweaks instead of the guitar in the last part & some more intelligent lyrics, but appart from that it's one decent POP track. They don't pretend they're psytrance. They just want to introduce psy-sound in the mainstream pop music and if anyone can succed doing that, it's them. No matter what WE, the psytrance community think about it.

:rolleyes::)

They just want to introduce psy-sound in the mainstream pop music and if anyone can succed doing that, it's them. No matter what WE, the psytrance community think about it.

In human terms, caused by a lack of ideas and creativity, the thought of mixing two otherwise unmatchable genres, and thus fattening their already big bank accounts, seemed just dazzling.

I despise Infected Mushroom for this. I am not an idiot: I am very well aware of the difference between pushing your music to new and unexplored territories and simply selling out.

In human terms, caused by a lack of ideas and creativity, the thought of mixing two otherwise unmatchable genres, and thus fattening their already big bank accounts, seemed just dazzling.

I despise Infected Mushroom for this. I am not an idiot: I am very well aware of the difference between pushing your music to new and unexplored territories and simply selling out.

Did you just call me an idiot?! :angry:;):D

I know what you mean, but frankly I don't care if they're selling out or not. It's their right to do whatever they like, they haven't promised us that all they ever release will sound like The Gathering or Classical Mushroom, did they? You say psy & pop are umatchable? Lately all genres mix with pop - metal, hiphop, techno, drum & bass. Why not psytrance? It's not special or better in any way, it's just music. It's not a holy cow that only the chosen ones can listen to...

:)

Did you just call me an idiot?! :angry:;):D

I know what you mean, but frankly I don't care if they're selling out or not. It's their right to do whatever they like, they haven't promised us that all they ever release will sound like The Gathering or Classical Mushroom, did they? You say psy & pop are umatchable? Lately all genres mix with pop - metal, hiphop, techno, drum & bass. Why not psytrance? It's not special or better in any way, it's just music. It's not a holy cow that only the chosen ones can listen to...

:)

No, sir, it was not even in the subcontext that you are an idiot! :D

I agree that Infected Mushroom can release whatever the hell they want, it is their and only their choice. That's why I say that I am disapppointed with the direction they took, and somebody else might like it. To each his own. Oh yeah, by the way, about the genre mixing thing, I was always skeptical about it, so don't take it to your heart ;) . I have always been the type who went: "If you wanna give me hip hop, give me hip hop. If you are giving me rock music, then let me hear some real rock music". And psy trance was never an exception- when I'm in a mood for some pop, I'll play my New Order records...

Well, yeah... I to am dissapointed with the direction IM has taken, but - as we seem to agree - it's their right to do so. What I meant, is that when you look at that track from a perspective of non-psytrance listener, then you might like it.

It's decent POP, bad psytrance - that's all :)

It's decent POP

Not even that. This is merely 80s metal riffs married to a generic psytrance bassline and drums. It's really, very embarrassingly cheesy. Yes, cheesy - THIS is cheesy. Safi haters take note, you have no good reasons to defend IM any more, this is dumb music for teens off their tod on <Insert Current Drug Of Choice >.

Christ, what a come down from Bust A Move.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember the good old days with the awesome track.....Psycho!

What else? All the albums from my point of view since Converting Vegeterians was awesome and had something innovate to bring us.

I know also the IM the supervisor was something like an experiment and I like so much to hear experimental sounds.But this one?I don't know really maybe as you said some samples would help?

Infecting Mushroom please come back to your roots as we know you.

Respect guys!