Synthesize!

I walked into a music shop the other day. Saw the usual synths...more of electric pianos...roland,korg,yamaha....known brands but uknown models...anw I ask the guy a few questions...I coudlnt remember all the model names I was interested (my mind got blocked up) so one name jumped up !

"Do you have a polysix???"

"errr what a polysix???yoou want a polysix??? I have 2 in the storage...wtf you want it for"

I fell from the sky!!! So I ask him how much he wants for it....he said probably less than 85eur... :D And propably one of the two is NEW. B)B)

walking out from the shop my friend said "I dont know wtf this polysix shit is,but when he said less than 85eur,you just about came in your pants." :lol::lol:

what is your opinion on this?

am going back tomorow or on friday to settle the deal(probably) and ask him if he has anything else!

ask for korg ms2000, i want one :D

linky

beware with these first versions of ms2000 thou,some of them have a clock problem which makes the internal arp pretty useless.this is fixed with a firmware update but it's a pain in the ass to do it.first time i tried to update using the midi's on my fw410 i got an error and the synth went into a "coma" state.after some research i found the solution:i had to get an old soundblaster live card and those game port-to-midi cables and do the update with them...just ask if the synth has this problem before buying it ;)

other than that,i really recommend it for you!this thing can go fat and really weird :D;)

edit:check out on my myspace the track "comatose rupture",most lead sounds and fx's are made with it

linky

beware with these first versions of ms2000 thou,some of them have a clock problem which makes the internal arp pretty useless.this is fixed with a firmware update but it's a pain in the ass to do it.first time i tried to update using the midi's on my fw410 i got an error and the synth went into a "coma" state.after some research i found the solution:i had to get an old soundblaster live card and those game port-to-midi cables and do the update with them...just ask if the synth has this problem before buying it ;)

other than that,i really recommend it for you!this thing can go fat and really weird :D;)

thx. i´ll buy one soonish.

next month i´ll have the funds. :)

but first i´ll buy a bassline synth, TB clone, great deal i saw, need to get this one first :D

edit: will check out that track.

I say, get both of them, ship one to me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KORG-POLYSIX-Vintage-A...tem120075927836

:D

OMGWTFLOL!!! :ph34r::ph34r::blink::lol:

I'll keep you updated!!! I have a list made that I will take withme! maybe i'll find a DW8000? I guess he is more turned towards korg cause i asked him about a jupiter but he didnt even know the name... <_< maybe a prophet 10? :P ok ok a prophet V will do! :lol:

but seriously now...just for info,what synth would you suggest for strings,pads etc??? atmospheric stuff !! ;)

yamaha dx7 does very good strings and atmospheres...with the pc editor gets much easier to program it.. but sounds far from analog...anyways i would add this one to the list ;)

or look for an SY-77 (successor), an SY-99 (successorst) or a DX-200 (identical but easier to program)

i have the rack version of the poly-800... the infamous ex-800, which is a very cool digital additive synth with that typical korg flavour to the sound. 85.- euro is still a good deal, they usually sell for the double.

It has midi and you can do a cool mod so you get 2 pots controlling cutoff and resonance http://synthmod.net/korg/moog_slayer

edit. You can also add a third pot to do filter fm!!!

http://synthmod.net/korg/fm800/

Off to the bench modding my korg.... :D