stroboscope

Reznik

i read a comment on some party at goabase recently, somebody claiming stroboscops dont belong to goa partys.

the first psyparty ever i went to, was the best i ever attended, small dancefloor (indoor), lotsa fog and stroboscope all the time (+lotsa drugs) and a huge chillout area, black walls, blue lights and comfortable seats. i´ll never forget that party. :D

at recent parties, they used strobe very few times.

i feel like i even need a strobe. i can look at my arms and legs for hours. if i look at others more than a minute i start freaking out though :lol:

so what you think? discuss.

but: whats your Goabase Accounts name? Are you active there?

no, im not active :lol:

im just looking up parties there.

Hmmm.....i don´t like strobos that much...Always take me out of my trip...

we had a lil party at some friends house 3-4 months ago.

i brought dj equipment, and a strobe.

everyone was so stoned they couldnt follow the music. so i had no chance for djing, everyone left the room every other minute. (most of them liked hiphop music anyway)

so i was dancing to some EBM tunes with my shadow on the ceiling in that cellar. for hours. :lol:

i love it.

If it's only for a short time I can perfectly deal with it, however if it lasts for hours I start to feel sick pretty quickly. Well, not really sick, it just... freaks me out. I start to feel disorientated :wacko:

When I have a gig, I demand the strobe to be OFF during the entire gig, it makes me dizzy like hell, and I feel sick. I also have epilepsi in the family, so I dont want to stress it too much :D Other than that, I think its a cool effect, but soooooo 90s! :D

I don't like strobes much ... the effect with continuous strobe and then watching your arms and legs and other people move is quite funny, yes, but I tend to get somewhat feeling dizzy and unwell. I don't like having to open-close my pupils all the time. I can say that the parties without strobe lights were somewhat more comfortable.

But the comment that a strobe doesn't belong on a goa isn't true either. There are parties with and parties without, everything goes. But I like the ones without better.

My first goa ever had no strobes and also no other lighting effects(!) - nothing! Only blacklight and many backdrops and a video wall beamer, no colored spotlights and all that. And it was very cool ... I'd love to attend another one like that!

strobo is nice for 5 seconds and then quit,

it can be extremely annoying,

when a strobo is used the area it covers is imo very important, best area is the place where the die hard danser are just in front of the dj,

but not on the dj if you know what I mean...

maybe when a climax appears it's nice for 5 seconds but then quit the damn thing :D

i dislike both strobo and that artificial fog/smoke whatever, everywhere. i'd prefer no moving lights anyhow (besides the discoball (?), i kinda enjoy that one)...just a few static coloured lights would be enough for me.

Strobes rule. Essential for any 90s acidhouse party, and I still like them for indoor psy. This club I went to in Prague had just blacklights, lots of blacklight paintings, and a single strobe---phat.

Outdoor is a different story, I'm usually not in the right mood there. On psychedelics, they're far too irritating.

BTW, I'm Lunkwill on Goabase :)

BTW, I'm Lunkwill on Goabase :)

On Goabase my nick is Incensum ... but my activity there is mostly limited to just using my partytimer (and occasionally rating a party with a review that nobody read anyway, so I also gave that up...) :D

I've had a really really weird collective trip on strobes once. We went to a big old and news party in my city, I believe Artax and Deviant Species were playing, must've been three years ago. Anyway, we had all taken some xtc (but not that much, maybe half a pill) of which none of us felt so much.

They had a built a circular structure on which the speakers were hanging, and they also put a lot of strobes there. At one point, some dude was messing with the strobes and the smoke machine and while we were dancing, everything started to fade. The strobes were all pointed inwards, I must add... and we were in the middle of the circle. At first I could see only people's silhouettes, while everything else started to become white, but quite fast everything just turned into white blocks. My whole vision (eyes open or closed) consisted of white squares. I got a little bit scared and all of sudden I though people were talking about me, that I was going bad, so I just stood there and held the person next to me. I couldn't hear shit, couldn't talk to my friends, couldn't move and see a thing, except for white squares.

After a wile, gradually the squares started to fade and slowly I could see again... as soon as my vision returned, I ran the fuck away from the front of the party, while my friends followed me. I started to tell what happened and as turned out, they all had the same experience (except for my girlfriend, who was smart enough to walk away the moment she felt it happening). Afterwards I opened a topic about it, but no one else experienced the same... Weird fucking shit, I tell ya! Everybody was quite freaked out for a while, but as soon as we realized we hadn't been spiked, we all calmed down. I've hated strobes for ever since.

Today not as much as back in the days, but I still don't really like strobes. Admitted, they're quite the trance-inducer, but not really my cup 'a tea... ;)

i dislike both strobo and that artificial fog/smoke whatever, everywhere. i'd prefer no moving lights anyhow (besides the discoball (?), i kinda enjoy that one)...just a few static coloured lights would be enough for me.

No lasers?

Well I have mixed feeling towards strobes.... If Im too fucked its really just messeing with my brain (in a bad way i have to say) and when Im sober its just annoying.... but sometimes when I have had a few beers in me and some good weed (very important) I kinda like it! Makes everything pulsate in the right way and with a lot smoke it can be quite trance inducing (and then fucking with my brain in a good way).... but it has to be moderated use!!!!

They do belong. They were part of the scene since its beginnings. Strobos are giving incredible cyber epic feel while dancing.

They are part of this culture. I don't care what some rigid cunts have to say about the basic party ornament.

They do belong. They were part of the scene since its beginnings. Strobos are giving incredible cyber epic feel while dancing.

They are part of this culture. I don't care what some rigid cunts have to say about the basic party ornament.

I tend to disagree, I've hardly seen any strobos at goa parties about 10 years ago, just blacklight and fluoro stuff. But who cares, it can be cool when used moderately. B)

snaap = rigid cunt? :blink:

Ahhhhh, no. I saw that Reznik have seen that on some goabase site so I thought that it must be some intellectual crap about it.

Didn't know that you were the one that made that comment. Then I guess I am sorry for such reaction. :P

Na-ah, I di-in't! :ph34r:

Read my story on page 1 and you'll see I have my reasons for not liking strobes... :)

Heh, yeah, I haven't even read your comment on first page but I still think that strobes are the ultimate visual fun. :D

I've had a really really weird collective trip on strobes once. We went to a big old and news party in my city, I believe Artax and Deviant Species were playing, must've been three years ago. Anyway, we had all taken some xtc (but not that much, maybe half a pill) of which none of us felt so much.

They had a built a circular structure on which the speakers were hanging, and they also put a lot of strobes there. At one point, some dude was messing with the strobes and the smoke machine and while we were dancing, everything started to fade. The strobes were all pointed inwards, I must add... and we were in the middle of the circle. At first I could see only people's silhouettes, while everything else started to become white, but quite fast everything just turned into white blocks. My whole vision (eyes open or closed) consisted of white squares. I got a little bit scared and all of sudden I though people were talking about me, that I was going bad, so I just stood there and held the person next to me. I couldn't hear shit, couldn't talk to my friends, couldn't move and see a thing, except for white squares.

After a wile, gradually the squares started to fade and slowly I could see again... as soon as my vision returned, I ran the fuck away from the front of the party, while my friends followed me. I started to tell what happened and as turned out, they all had the same experience (except for my girlfriend, who was smart enough to walk away the moment she felt it happening). Afterwards I opened a topic about it, but no one else experienced the same... Weird fucking shit, I tell ya! Everybody was quite freaked out for a while, but as soon as we realized we hadn't been spiked, we all calmed down. I've hated strobes for ever since.

Today not as much as back in the days, but I still don't really like strobes. Admitted, they're quite the trance-inducer, but not really my cup 'a tea... ;)

omg :ph34r:

what was in them pillZ??