Should I just rip the whole studio down..

I think I might have come up with a solution which is perfect for my new setup with the Mac Book and everything. I would then instead have the digital mixer to the right of me instead infront of me, and the mac would be infront of me. I could then use the KVM switch to use the logictec mouse and keyboard for it as well, and of course one of the flatpanels.

The Novation and the rest of the other stuff would be to the left of me...

Do you think I will be confortable with having the mixer to the left of me of course positioned like this / ?

and yeah, have a laugh at my mspaint plan!! (I dont have visio installed yet :()

Posted Image

Im gonna do it, I am going to go to bed and wait for my pills to kick in, set the alarm to 3 o clock, and then rip out every single little cable, move the stuff around, and then put it all together! :)

I think I might have come up with a solution which is perfect for my new setup with the Mac Book and everything. I would then instead have the digital mixer to the right of me instead infront of me, and the mac would be infront of me. I could then use the KVM switch to use the logictec mouse and keyboard for it as well, and of course one of the flatpanels.

The Novation and the rest of the other stuff would be to the left of me...

Do you think I will be confortable with having the mixer to the left of me of course positioned like this / ?

and yeah, have a laugh at my mspaint plan!! (I dont have visio installed yet :()

Posted Image

I don't get how you can make music with empty rectangles. Your keyboard doesn't even have keys, your mixer has no mixing knobs. It's just an empty white box.

What gives?

I don't get how you can make music with empty rectangles. Your keyboard doesn't even have keys, your mixer has no mixing knobs. It's just an empty white box.

What gives?

yeah, I have to build all of it as well, I have my soldering iron and all the parts ready to go! wish me luck! :lol:

I dunno, it seemed like you made up your mind in the initial post. ;)

no, it took me 10 minutes actually to make up my mind. I think I can live with the mixer not being infront of me... actually I think that it will be more confortable... any objections anyone? Anyone had a similar setup? (I know having the mixer infront of you is the COMON way to have the mixer) :)

Well obviously you should build it to how you work.. everyone's setups will be different. For me, both keyboards are at the right hand side of me, and I actually have to shift my chair to get to them - but this works well as I have transport controls on the novation and don't really need to sit infront of the screen..

But if I'm not writing music then it's cool as the keyboards are out of the way and it means I can use the rest of the desk for all my programming books... :rolleyes:

Well obviously you should build it to how you work.. everyone's setups will be different. For me, both keyboards are at the right hand side of me, and I actually have to shift my chair to get to them - but this works well as I have transport controls on the novation and don't really need to sit infront of the screen..

But if I'm not writing music then it's cool as the keyboards are out of the way and it means I can use the rest of the desk for all my programming books... :rolleyes:

I ripped it all down, and made it temporary, how I figured it, and played around, and it makes sense. I need to shift the flatscreens slightly to the left though so the genelecs fit as well, thats the only problem here :( Otherwise, it will only take me a 20 cm slide on the chair to the left or right, to actually reach everything :)

Ill post pics :)

Posted Image

I ll vote for that :)

That's much better. That mixer has knobs and stuff. Who is it made by?

I have changed plans, but it takes for me to buy another desk, so it has to be the way it is now (like I remodelled it)

its a Behringer DDX 3216 :) The novation will NEVER leave my desk, ill rather remove the mixer to be honest :)

I have changed plans, but it takes for me to buy another desk, so it has to be the way it is now (like I remodelled it)

its a Behringer DDX 3216 :) The novation will NEVER leave my desk, ill rather remove the mixer to be honest :)

With Mac Book you actually don't even need the mixer anymore... ;)