New Filteria stuff and new K.O.B. Directions

Filteria

Hello :)

Fabien finally had time to update the site abit, so there is som new music updated ..

http://www.filteria.com/site/?page=unreleased

Here you can find 4 new K.O.B. tracks that will most probably be on the K.O.B. album(maybe slightly modified).. and there is also Lost Belly on myspace which will be on the album..

Also 2 Filteria tracks are up from the forthcoming album..

Some opinions and thoughts would be cool ;)

Guest Rezwalker

I really want to see in yr upcoming cd the track "Back to earth". this track reminds me a lot transwave sound! also the production is very good i think. cheers ;)

Guest Cosmogenesis

I really want to see in yr upcoming cd the track "Back to earth". this track reminds me a lot transwave sound! also the production is very good i think. cheers ;)

O yes, you're absolutely right indeed!! Reminds me some "phototropic" tracks of Transwave! ;)

Filteria and KOB : Killah stuff, one the fews that remains old Skull GOA like I love it...

Will buy them both, no doubt !!

Please, Please, keep it up !!!!

When i see all that Crappy darkpsy and Shitty progressive shit men, where has the spirit gone ?

Same counts for parties, let me tell you i'll do my best to keep the Goa parties Goa parties ...

Man, u rock, could you clone yourself so that we get more of this beautifull music ?

I really like how the KOB sound has evolved! Håll fanan högt :D

Awesome atmosphere in Those_Talking_Machines!

Yes, a third Filteria album. Definitely.

FILTERIA STUFF

Back To Earth sounds interesting. It sounds good. I heard a minute or two. Hopefully it develops and becomes deeper or more interesting as it progresses.

Filtertraces (Under Progress) ... Potential. I like the intro and how layers keep getting added every several seconds.

Filteria - Chaotic-Om ... Since when was Filteria dark? I like this, especially when the clear drum kicks along with everything else. The melodies don't sound that dynamic however...it's that older Filteria style where the range of sounds seem more limited and contained or something. Some other (other sounds completely) goatrance melodies could really develop this into a far more delicious, juicy fruit. If I were to score it, I'd give it a B- for 2004 I keep in mind. I've heard better on the Sky Input album but this is still a cool song. Those drums are good and I like when the melody approach and direction changes during the last third. All I could think of however was a rumbling, thunder like sound growing louder which would effect the music and create a storming climax burst at the last 30-45 seconds of the song. An idea probably not worth pursuing.

(Full-length) Screaming Butterfly (Filteria Remix) ... Mmmm... I like this. Thanks for releasing it! :)

KOB STUFF

Mental Population - I don't know about this one yet. The distorted, weird sound effect seems to be more annoying than enjoyable to me but it's cool to see risks being taken regardless. It may turn out good in the end.

K.o.B - Pitch & Chips ... Decent to me. I like it more when goatrance carries us places as opposed to the sounds being squiggly all over the place. More atmosphere and/or emotion is great, but I can't get tranced if I'm too distracted by some sound being overly minipulated. It gets distracting IMO but everything else sounds good.

K.O.B - These Talking Walls ... I most like this one so far. The children and voices add character and make it more fun and catchy sounding. At first the children voice sample made it seem darker. Oh this has potential... And it's darker!! You can make a real freaky, dark monster, I said it in the past. Dark is cool... That's one of the reasons during the time Lord of the Rings beat out Harry Potter during the time they were both releasing. It was more mature and even the younger kinds now teenagers and young adults wanted to see the more mature stuff. This can become silly or less effective or it can grow and become fantasy PANS LABYRINTH. Interesting. Dark. Mentally stimulating. Provocative.

K.O.B - Those Talking Machines ... I like it. Wow.. Most of these KOB songs sound like a totally different artist actually. I really like the music after the sample especially. This is good. Darker sounding too. Just don't let it get repetitive!! Captivate your audiance like no other and you'll push yourself to go further out there..

How about a track that has key changes (as some of your best work on Heliopolis, Rotate to Vibrate for example) and a kingdom world of melodies (As on Sky Input... but not a whole lot of climaxes... A song that literally has more details and layers, sounds, bits, particles, atmosphere than any song ever made?? And/or something so evolved, innovative, intricate, other-worldly stunning and detailed that we are in awe... It can even be a slower goatrance downtempo-esque song if that's the choice, where we can hear and savor every detail, and I mean hundreds of details literally... (if your mixing program has enough waves for that or whatever tool you use to process layers or sounds.

In short, A masterpiece... I'm putting it out there to the Universe.

Will the KOB songs make up an entirely different FILTERIA album?? Or are they part of the future Filteria album(s) or called KOB as the next artist name by Jannis??

Will the KOB songs make up an entirely different FILTERIA album?? Or are they part of the future Filteria album(s) or called KOB as the next artist name by Jannis??

The 2 Filteria clips are from the upcoming Filteria album. The K.O.B. tracks will be on a K.O.B. album. The 2 projects have nothing incommon except its the same guy behind the projects. There will be albums from both projects..

PS: Chaotic-om is a very old track and the entire track is free for download. This will not be released...

And thanx for opinions and thoughts :)

EDIT: There is one track like Rotate To Vibrate with keychanges, but i don't know if i will put it on the album.. Time will tell

Guest Cosmogenesis

There will be albums from both projects..

Two albums? :o You're hyperactive, Jannis! Bravo giganda! Keep up the good work! Se perimenoume kai stin Ellada gia kanena party! :)

O yeah !

Dear Filteria, I am very happy to hear your K.O.B. material!

I have the impression that nowadays, if an artist claims he makes Goa Trance,

it always seems to be very light stuff, über-emotional (or trying to be so).

This K.O.B. stuff represents a totally new & innovating sound...great!

More twisted layers, freaky samples, I like I like!

O yeah !

Dear Filteria, I am very happy to hear your K.O.B. material!

I have the impression that nowadays, if an artist claims he makes Goa Trance,

it always seems to be very light stuff, über-emotional (or trying to be so).

This K.O.B. stuff represents a totally new & innovating sound...great!

More twisted layers, freaky samples, I like I like!

Right on spot! This was exactly my feelings, and i wanted to change this. There was alot of music back in the days that wasn't overmelodic. However i would like to add, that the tracks wont follow a particullar style. There will be lots of different styles. For instance, those talking machines are for me more dark styled. And there is one more track in the same vein which is more "forest and dark" and will probably be on the same album. So expect a diverse album :) Of course with some oldschool influences ;)

Cosmogenesis: No one seem to invite me in Greece :( Of course i would like to play there :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Cosmogenesis: No one seem to invite me in Greece :( Of course i would like to play there :)

It's sad indeed! :( I don't know what the greek party organizers are waiting for, but it seems that greek psy-scene is getting worse & worse every day! :( Mi masas, kapoia efkairia tha vrethei gia na paikseis stin patrida. :)

I am not going to comment the samples too much because I seriously hate talking about any music until I hear the whole thing. I can't make anything sensible out of a sample except for a superficial comment such as: "I like it" or "it sucks"! But point a gun to my head and I'll cry out lou: "I like this!", and a lot; distortions, acid synths (and I'm a major sucker for those), weird & crazy sounds, cool sounding samples... man Filteria... if the rest of it sounds like this, I can hardly wait to grab my copy!

But one thing I'd like to reflect upon. While I vewry much enjoyed both of the Filteria albums, and I am well aware of the immense talent the man's got, I quite a few times critized him for so obviously borrowing from, and being overly influenced by the Pleiadians. While they are my all time favorite project, and I am delighted with the fact that there are artists out there feeling the same, and keeping that kind of sound very much alive, there is a line which I rather not see get crossed. And that is when the "inspiration" starts to become "sounding alike". However, not to leave the wrong impression, I am going to repeat that I admire and have enormous respect for his work, and I am starting to feel as though the respect could increase with this K.O.B. release, for it seems tha tfinally I'll get what I bargained for: a unique, Jannis' own sound, when no one will point fingers anymore, and pigeonhold him as "the guy who made amazing Pleaidians tribute tracks"! Nice going Jannis, I seriously can't wait for the K.O.B. stuff to drop!

@rino: I prefer Filteria over Pleiadians (I mean the old Pleiadians material and the new album as well).

One of the main reasons is sound quality (obviously), but there are others.

Can wait to hear the new material from both KOB and Filteria in full quality, please release it fast. Also catch a Live Act won't do any harm. :P And a "Filteria Remixes" album would be an excellent surprise.

Respect!

@rino: I prefer Filteria over Pleiadians (I mean the old Pleiadians material and the new album as well).

One of the main reasons is sound quality (obviously), but there are others.

Respect!

Respect to you as well. I don't wanto to discuss tastes because as separate individuals, each of us has our own taste and our own reasons. If you wanna check my final & in depth review of why I.F.O. wins over Sky Input, I invite you to read my review of the first Pleiadains album under the 1997 review section, which will be up in a few days. Peace!

Great stuff! I like the more deep and less acid-ridden sound (even though thats good too) there seem to a very good atmosphere build up in the snacks we got (especially in Those Talking Machines) :)

Looking forward to hearing the full-lenght tracks!

I cant listen to the stuff now (as I am at work) but sounding from people it sounds amazing :)

*Totaly offtopic*

Jannis, I herd you met my good friend Francis (Circuit VIII)? did he mention about getting to play up in leeds? :P

I cant listen to the stuff now (as I am at work) but sounding from people it sounds amazing :)

*Totaly offtopic*

Jannis, I herd you met my good friend Francis (Circuit VIII)? did he mention about getting to play up in leeds? :P

He mentioned it yes ;) , but nothing is happening :( Any news about that? Would be nice to visit England :D

Aqualung: Cool that you enjoy the K.O.B. stuff :D

Big respect for making music for everyones tastes.

I think filteria does not intend to please everyone's taste. But just want to explore new styles of music.

Or maybe I didn't understand what you said... :D

Anyway, i like your new stuff Filteria !

I'd like to write a track with you one day! B) And steal all your secrets...