HARDFLOOR

seraph

HARDFLOOR

Posted ImagePosted Image

They ARE the VERY essence of chunky, funky piece od ACID TECHNO/TRANCE dementia. The pioneers Oliver Bondzio and Ramon Zenker are for sure one of the most prominent electronic artists in the scene. They formed in 1991 and were heavily infuencing many ever since then. They are the TRUE founders of acid techno genre in general.

THEY DEFINED the sound back in tha dayz. HYPNOTIC, ACID DRENCHED CYBER TROPIC REALMZ.

They are incredible...and they keep surprising with every next album, keeping the old school spirit but morphing it in such various styles and genres. They were doing various excursions in breakbeat, dub, funk, house but all is covered with juicy, crunchy 303 all the time ( Hardfloor TM ), since 1991 till this day, uncompromisingly pushing the borders of sound. IF YOU WANT DIVERSITY, then go and listen to them. I cannot express enough appreciation for them, they are the coolest from the gang and they don't dissapoint ! :D

ALBUMS :

1993 - TB RESUSCITATION ( !! )

1994 - RESPECT ( !!! )

1996 - HOME RUN

1998 - ALL TARGETS DOWN ( !! )

2000 - SO WHAT ?! ( ! )

2005 - 4 OUT OF 5 ALIENS RECOMMEND THIS ( !!! )

2006 - COMPILER 1.0 ( !!! )

Beside this many albums they released numerous number of incredible singles ACPERIENCE 1,2,3,4, CONFUSS, ACID FORM, MR ANDERSON, FUNALOGUE, ALTERNATIV, ONCE AGAIN BACK, FISH'N'CHIPS, PLASTICACID, SOULFUL SPIRIT, PEPPER PENALTY, DUBDOPE, YIMTROP, and heaps more and also remixed bunch of hillarious pop and mainstream singles ( DEPECHE MODE, NEW ORDER, EURYTHMICS, etc )... There is really nothing more to add to the topic except your appreciation, so people, RESPEEEEEEECT ! :rolleyes:

You said it.

Hardfloor is and always will be awesome.

It's impressive to see them play live, and make use of all the boxes :)

Thanks for this thread, good memories came back...

I've seen Hardfloor live one month ago in Switzerland, wooOOooww, I was very impressive what they played with...3xTB303 aligned and a Nord modular to play some melodies...and acid lines all the way !!! Some vocals I didnt like but anyway, very good to see it live if you can attend...

Thanks for this thread, good memories came back...

I've seen Hardfloor live one month ago in Switzerland, wooOOooww, I was very impressive what they played with...3xTB303 aligned and a Nord modular to play some melodies...and acid lines all the way !!! Some vocals I didnt like but anyway, very good to see it live if you can attend...

AAARRRRGH ! When they've suppose to play live here, they missed their flight, so I haven't heard them yet. <_<:unsure:

AAARRRRGH ! When they've suppose to play live here, they missed their flight, so I haven't heard them yet. <_<:unsure:

:(:( :lol:

That's annoying. Only heard one or two CDs from hardfloor but it was good stuff as I remember. Must try & find more stuff!

:(:( :lol:

That's annoying. Only heard one or two CDs from hardfloor but it was good stuff as I remember. Must try & find more stuff!

Yeah, it was more than annoying, considering that I was waiting for 10 yrs for that... GRRRRRRRRR ! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Good point.

And they are calling themselves trance headz or better electronicA junkies... :unsure::rolleyes:

Guys, this group defined the sound we hear nowadays, show some respect, at least go and listen, try it, they are so funny ! :D

Yeah, hardfloor, what can I say about Ramon Z. and Oliver B that you guys havent heard from me before? I dont think much actually. They are one of my inspirations to make music, thats for sure, and they are also very much of a reason why I am into THIS KIND of electronica to start with. Eventhough it started way back with Depeche Mode, Yazoo, Alphaville etc etc, once I got to heard these guys the first time in 1991 (Same year as I heard Eat Static for the first time), i slowly but surely realized the power of so called "Acid House" (The "" because there were people calling it just Acid already back then).

I had heard a lot of Acid House before that, one of my first experiences with it, was an EP called Urban Acid (Which Martin Freeland actually has 2 tracks on). Now when looking back at that period, I can clearly see why I didnt get into Acid House at the early stages, and stuck to Synth/EBM (Oh Front 242 was/is one of my favorites!).

Well, back to Hardfloor, with their Hardtrance Acperience, I think they took Europe with storm! It was played everywhere! Everyone was talking about Hardfloor, and looking forward to an album which took around one year after Hardtrance Acperience. (Sorry that I dont mention Drug Overlord, its an inbetween that isnt really my favorite from them). So there, one day down the Nemesis RecordShop, I see this yellow cover on the shelf, and it said HARDFLOOR - TB Resucitation... I dont know the last time that I was this excited.. I bought TWO copies, went straight home and mixed with them. 4 Hours of straight mixing with JUST hardfloor can really get on your mothers nerves! :)

Yeah, I am a major fan of Hardfloor, and I think about 99% of their stuff is abolutely fabolous! The rest, well, it cant all be good! :) (1% Bad Acid?! :lol: )

Oh, I could go on and on about the History of Hardfloor and this music, but I dont feel very inspired at the moment... dont know why! :P

Yeah, I am a major fan of Hardfloor, and I think about 99% of their stuff is abolutely fabolous! The rest, well, it cant all be good! :) (1% Bad Acid?! :lol: )

Yeah, HOME RUN album is rather dissapointing... :unsure:

Without Hardfloor there would be no OOOD. They inspired me to write my first trance track before I met Steve and Nigel.

:):rolleyes:^_^

This is one of the best things I've ever read on Psynews ! Respect Colin ! :D

they're playing live in switzerland again in march i think. gotta verify the date. i'll be there if possible...i dont know what to expect really, i havent heard much of them (shame on me, i know), and the stuff i heard is ages old. i'll check their newer stuff before going to their live.

thanks for this thread btw. without it, i'd certainly have forgotten their soon visit to switzerland :)

they're playing live in switzerland again in march i think. gotta verify the date. i'll be there if possible...i dont know what to expect really, i havent heard much of them (shame on me, i know), and the stuff i heard is ages old. i'll check their newer stuff before going to their live.

thanks for this thread btw. without it, i'd certainly have forgotten their soon visit to switzerland :)

I think you should go no matter what, they are pioneers, top class, crazy guys, explorers of sound... check their 2 latest releases : 4 Out Of 5 Aliens Recommend This and Compiler 1.0... ;):rolleyes:

You can go there blindly, just expect some strange vocals in one or two tracks....but acid sounds with real TB's, it's rare nowadays to find liveact who perform like this, it will be for sure not a laptop live act...the party is in a mythical place for the switzerland freaks, if I remember well, he was called traxx before, there is a lot of place to dance and very good atmosphere !!! But if decide to go, be there early...

You can go there blindly, just expect some strange vocals in one or two tracks....but acid sounds with real TB's, it's rare nowadays to find liveact who perform like this, it will be for sure not a laptop live act...the party is in a mythical place for the switzerland freaks, if I remember well, he was called traxx before, there is a lot of place to dance and very good atmosphere !!! But if decide to go, be there early...

yeah this place is very well known, a legendary club. all the techno elite has visited it at least once.

i just HAVE to post the flyer, it's so retro and awesome :)http://www.rohstofflager.ch/Default.aspx?m=prog scroll down and click FLYER.

sooo looking forward to it!

yeah this place is very well known, a legendary club. all the techno elite has visited it at least once.

i just HAVE to post the flyer, it's so retro and awesome :)http://www.rohstofflager.ch/Default.aspx?m=prog scroll down and click FLYER.

sooo looking forward to it!

Tell us how it was ! :D

Tell us how it was ! :D

well, it was awesome! :D i dare say, one of the most mesmerising live acts i've heard to date. it was nice taking a nice acid bath, and awesome watching people doing some real handicraft on stage too!

recommended!