Title: Corridor Of Mirrors

Label: Twisted Records

Catalogue Number: TWSCD31

Tracks:

Arcadia Magik

One Cell Short Of A Brain

Drug Sock

The Logic Of The Polyphonic

9th-(The Man Who Swam Through A Speaker)

Soma

Oz

Cherry Pie

(very short) Review:

Compared to the fabulous, often-synthetic sounding debut album, Robot-o-Chan, this is a more organic, aggressive and technically accomplished collection of tracks. At times the album successfully recaptures the spirit of goa although it must be said always fleetingly. As with his debut album, Benji has created a highly stylised and uniquely atmospheric piece of work that is set firmly apart from the lacklustre, indiscernable trance sadly sweeping the scene today.

The album is in no way perfect, indeed a couple of tracks miss the mark, but, all said and done, Corridor of Mirrors is Robot-o-Chan's equal and one of the most welcome releases the genre has seen in a long time. Buy it. Play it. Savour it.

• Like 1

One word - B O R I N G

Ok, so I didn't dig the first one but this is just horrible.

Pale, nothing-happens-music. Stay away if you want something more than only a kick and bass. He is the king of bass I've heard :P

My 2 cents. Which is the amount of money I would give for this album.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I expected so much more from prometheus...I'm sooo disappointed...If prometheus can't satisfy my ears then who?all my hopes to younger brother now... :(

First time i heard this album i had a flu so i blamed that...second time i blamed my headphones (i thought it's more party music than home listening)...third time and fuck...It's exactly what Insejn said before " Stay away if you want something more than only a kick and bass"...

01 - Arcadia magic... from the sample i expected much more...cool in a way but i doubt if anyone will remember this track next year 8/10

02 - 03 They have these not so serious-stupid-crazy melodies that simon posford uses in a lot of his tracks...i don't like them 3/10

04 - Not bad not a masterpiece 7/10

05 - I liked it until that melody at 5:48...awful... 5/10

06 - 07 - Not bad not great 6,5/10

08 - Mr boring payed me a visit 4/10

Overall 5,375/10 =

2,6875/5

Ratings may change over time...as it always happens

well it's different from others, some track have a fantasy atmosphere and the level of psychedelic is pretty good.

sometimes to much chaos for me but mostly it doesn't last long.

The level of psychedelia may be high for but not for others, like me.

One word - B O R I N G

Ok, so I didn't dig the first one but this is just horrible.

Pale, nothing-happens-music. Stay away if you want something more than only a kick and bass. He is the king of bass I've heard :P

My 2 cents. Which is the amount of money I would give for this album.

Hey man, it's easy to say this album is boring if it doesn't meet your criteria...It is the opposite of all software crap music that floods the market...

Could anyone post the actual review of this CD? I'll buy it anyway (when it's available in psyshop/saiko), but I'd like to hear something more constructive than "awesome" / "crap", you know? :)

The level of psychedelia may be high for but not for others, like me.

the level of psychedelic within the concept of it's genre,

a high level of psychedelic in morning fullon is lower dan a medium psychedlic level in dark psy trance,

in perspective,

Edit: Update April 2007.

Many posts in this thread should be deleted. They're NOT reviews or even close. My review is finally up. Page 3.

I like this album a lot, although I think the begining is nicer than the end. Some tracks are really twisted and/or banging.

On headphones or personal stereo it may sound too boom-boom-esque but on a big sound system it kicks major ass !

7/10

Ordered my copy yesterday. I´ve heard Arcadia Magik and Soma on internet radio and at festivals. They are awesome tracks and the most promising thing to come out of the world of psy in the last year and a half. I have no doubt it will be a massive album. :)

Well, I have to say I really like it. It is very much a Prometheus album, slightly tech-y and machine sounding, which is the sound he does really well. Very nice tunes indeed and not a bad way to start off 2007.

(prometheus' chill stuff is sublime though - chill album please) so maybe I'll get a nice surprise!

IIRC from some discussion from Benji himself (on psyforum), he had a load of downtempo tracks, and rather than stick them on this album, he was planning to release a whole downtempo album this year as well. Hopefully that will happen, as his chilled stuff is great.

i heard 2 tracks before it came out and they were killers, The Logic Of The Polyphonic and 9th-(The Man Who Swam Through A Speaker), will relisten as soon as i can but it seemed very interesting and psychedelic, not boring full on!

I have listened to this album at my work very much and i think Benji has created a very atmoshpheric album. It has a very industrial futuristic sound, which i personally dont like very much. The openening track defines this album very well. I dont think its a masterpiece but some tracks are really good like Arcadia Magik and The Logic Of The Polyphonic wich i think we will hear a lot of out on the dancefloors this year.

6,5/10

Well, i can't say it's the best psytrance album ever, but it's really really nice and rocking.

however, the more i listen to it, the more i like it, so let's see how our opinions change by the end of the year ;)

some thoughts about the tracks

1) Arcadia Magic -- definitely, one of the best tracks on the album, a very promising beginning of the journey. i like the tempo - not too fast, for me it sounds a bit like progressive trance which i admire, and the track is very well built, the more energetic theme starting at 5-20 is super

2) One Cell Short of A Brain -- reminded me of Hallucinogen))

3) Drug sock - banging beat and the melody of the kind i call "silly" for myself (and like very much) - not serious and lively, very nice

4) Logic of the polyphonic - a good example of classic psytrance

5) 9th (The Man Who Swam Through A Speaker) - rocking beat and fascinating melody, my second favorite along with Arcadia Magic, the second part reminds me of Jaia's "Orchestra 2.0"

6) Soma - very good, twisted enough, i like the theme starting at 4-20, and again some fantastic "silly" sound from 5-50 - maybe my habit of always making fun at the dancefloor is the reason :lol: like it very very much

7) Oz - the third track sharing the name of the best one, seems to be a bit more simple than the 4-5-6 but it's really obsessive, the one that makes me dance in the street when i hear it in my headphones :P

8) Cherry pie - is like a dessert with a different taste after the main meal, melodic and complex - that's what i like about Prometheus

in general the album is very good (especially compared to tons of dull psytrance produced every year), now i'm listening to it while waiting for the Younger Brother and am looking forward to Benji's downtempo album - suppose i'll like it very much ;)

exceptional in the way that it's not braindead copypaste trash

beginning is very promising - arcadia magik is possibly the favourite, around the middle it sort of dies down yet stays interesting.

I would very much like to hear some rhytmic or stylistic variations (at least a bit) but that's probably forbidden in these albums :)

It's still refreshing stuff and dance friendly

My first thought was B O R I N G as well, but ive had it on the headphones quite a bit now, and I must say that I am getting into it. I am going to review this piece very soon, and I hope DP does as well :)

From a first listen it had 2/10

from a weeks listen it had 5/10

at the moment its a 6/10

which is interesting, since I felt the same for the new Koxbox album, and now I love it :)

Fantastic album. My favorite track is Soma and second is Arcadia... A very distant third is Oz and I took an instant liking to the "Logic of the polyphooooooniiiiic"-sample. Overall, though, I´m not totally impressed - most of the tunes are rather forgettable, but I have a feeling it will grow on me.

Its a very worthy effort from Benji... Only problem is, I got Derango - Tumult in the mail the day afterwards. Having listened to that one, Corridor of Mirrors seems like lullabye-music ;) Then again, I was looking for raw chaos and dark energy, not intricate, mesmerizing soundscapes.

As usual with a Twisted-release, my only real gripe is the cover-art. It is bland and pointless as usual. I´m one of those people who really miss the heading days of the late-naughties, when Mark Neal blew us all away with his classic Hallucinogen and Shpongle-covers. They really added to the flavor and experience. After Calx took over, it just wasn´t the same anymore. Minor rebuke, but still... <_<