Talk form the BEST OF 2006 thread

Nurbs

I've separated all the posts that don't consist an actual voting in a new thread. Would be nice if you people could use it to talk. Moni will have to read the whole thread and count the votings manualy so I'm sure it's easier for her like that. Feel free to discuss in the new thread. Thanks you people! :)

Oh man, you deleted some extremely funny posts there. I should probably rant about the excessive moderation on Psynews again but I only feel a tremendous sense of loss and regret. :(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jikkenteki sure is popular. I'd be interested in listening to it were it not for the ridiculous name.

he's right though, I also find the name absolutely horrible <_<

but the music is very good, so I don't mind the name :D

:)

btw, does "Jikkenteki" mean something in japanese? :huh:

btw, does "Jikkenteki" mean something in japanese? :huh:

The word jikkenteki means "wants to be cool and popular like Skazi and will sell out with his second album" in Japanese. :P

Actually it means "experimental", although in my case it actually started as a joke as a pun with the Japanese characters for "teki". I don't use it that way anymore, but the name stuck so here we are.

The only problem with the poll is that I have by no way heard all the albums from 2006 yet. And obviously neither has Charlie. 3 :lol::P

Here's what I voted for the best of 2005 thread

1 Tripswitch - Circuit Breaker

2 Entheogenic - Dialogue of the Speakers

3 Shpongle - Nothing Lasts...

4 Makyo - Swara Mandala

5 Jaia - Fiction

& here is how the list should have looked if I had heard what I have heard now

1 Tripswitch - Circuit Breaker

2 Artifakt - Artifakts II

3 VA - Albedo

4 Phutureprimitive - Sub Conscious

5 VA - A Walk Through Neptune's Garden

almost completely different.

The only problem with the poll is that I have by no way heard all the albums from 2006 yet.

That sounds familiar. I regret having already made my top five as I already changed it once, and since I'm on the verge of ordering another great 2006 album (and who knows perhaps even more), that top five is going to be changed and turned inside out even more probably. It's not easy! :P

That sounds familiar. I regret having already made my top five as I already changed it once, and since I'm on the verge of ordering another great 2006 album (and who knows perhaps even more), that top five is going to be changed and turned inside out even more probably. It's not easy! :P

Some I've heard but haven't really liked I might really get into later on. That happened with Artifakts II, didn't like that right away but now I love it :wub:

The only problem with the poll is that I have by no way heard all the albums from 2006 yet. And obviously neither has Charlie. 3 :lol::P

Always a problem... I also have difficult time getting my mental overview of how exactly I felt about a certain cd.... might have to listen it through many times to work it out... but ehh a top-five will always be "snap-shot" of your feelings right now.... even if u heard it all (and intensly) u proberly would change some next year!

If you hate the music so much why don't you shut the fuck up and take you pussy little immature attitude elsewhere eh? Seriously! You whine more than my 2 year old nephew does! We all know that you are some kinda of god of electronic music and that 2006 was the year of nothing for you, well you mean nothing to us with your childsih whining and stupid inputs such as the one above. Take a damn hint and FUCK OFF! why the hell would you hang out on a forum that loves this music and obviously got a lot out of the last year other than to spam? You must have no life whatsoever if you are doing this... grow up Charlie and piss off!

ps feel free to report me for ths, but you just shit me up the wall with your idiodic comments!

well well well.... That is a really constructive post... I absolutely fucking loathe todays "psytrance"...Its a miasma...

well well well.... That is a really constructive post... I absolutely fucking loathe todays "psytrance"...Its a miasma...

Then you're not welcome here, snowball. I suggest you pack your things and leave immediately.

The JMP - Today psytrance is really very very weak, there are some chill releases but they have nothing to do with the spirit of Goa. Even If I like some new albums, I come back to them very rarely or never. Minimal and progressive is future and there will be (and are)good albums. Behind blue Eyes, Sensient, Krumelur....Pavel knows more)

Offtopic: I'm not music maker, but isn't the problem from switching from Analog to Digital devices? Crystal clear sound is still digital waiting to be switch back to analog? I think there is only one way to find out, Remastered IFO :rolleyes:

Update:

ahhh forget it.

Well the 2006 was the year where i hear less trance music and more chill out ....

But i found three interestings albums:

Kox Box - Turn up.

Bus - Morebusinesslinkyouthere.

Compilation Black - Solstice records. :ph34r:

In the chill side a lot of music of Backroom beats , Interchill , Ultimae , LSD, Chill Code, C.O.R.N and others ...... :rolleyes:

Include the chill ones. All of those are eligible. You can mix and match genres in this voting.

Try it again for a top 5. :)

There's an intruder in your list it seems. Who is Vibrasphere ? :P

2 guys from upsalla...schlabbaduerst's metrosexual Neighborhoods

..nice album with greek influences..LOL

seriusly now,i think Yagya's new album (hey,is an intruder too..) is better THAN any "psy-chill" 2006 release..

hey COMMUNITY check it out...

http://www.discogs.com/release/674596

Btw agia, the TOOL band i know is a rock band. Which TOOL is the one in your top5? Link?

dear monica,you 're right TOOL is a rock band,i think it's the best rock band of our times,some ppl characterize them as the real sons of pink floyd and i agree 100%...So,to make things clear for you lovely monica,the best album of the year for me is not a psy-trance album and because you are a clever giRl u understand that it's "10.000 days" by TOOL...

if u listen to them carefully,u will understan that TOOL is much much much more psychedelic than any "psy-trance" project lately...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tool_(band)