PSYNEWS'S: WORST OF 2006

snowball

a msg to the trolls: Just because YOU dont like it, doesnt mean that it is in fact BAD. MAYBE YOU JUST DONT LIKE IT. Maybe its not the artists fault. Maybe you need to get deeper in there. And MAYBE YOU NEED TO STOP COMPARING IT TO STUFF FROM THE 90s!!! Thats like comparing a rowboat to a tank. End rant.

My worst listen has to be the Enigmatic World Israel compo which Psyshop "Slipped" into one of my orders (see, they hate it too). Even that wasnt so bad. But, those releases from Gandhi back in the 40s were the apsolute KILLARRRKGH. Everything since then is jsut shite.

Guest The Journey Man Project

Well, if that is the case, then i disagree. Imo, the "low quality" sound of the past made those tracks what they were. I believe that if someone really wants to make a track with the "old-school feeling", he must use the equipment of that time. That's one of the reasons i believe the old days will never come back, as we knew them that is.

Actually there have been quite afew cd's that would have been nice but have been ruined by lack of technicsal skill, and I was talking just of sound quality.. for examply the second album by Muses Rapt had a number of musical errors made, and this by far reduced the wquality of the album... whereas an album that has excellent techical skills both in sound production and also in music production knowledge can steal be very appeling as whole package, even if it is a style that doesn't quite appeal to you 100% I have respect for a lot of musicians in this genre and many other, not because I love thier type of music, but because they have talent and technical skill.. and I don't beleive that just because a cd or a trac kis mastered by a professional it makes ia tecnically good album... if this was so then how would people be able to tell teh difference between a truely talented musician and your every day bedroom producer?

a msg to the trolls: Just because YOU dont like it, doesnt mean that it is in fact BAD. MAYBE YOU JUST DONT LIKE IT. Maybe its not the artists fault. Maybe you need to get deeper in there. And MAYBE YOU NEED TO STOP COMPARING IT TO STUFF FROM THE 90s!!! Thats like comparing a rowboat to a tank. End rant.

I don't like white wine. Can't stand it so obviously all white wine is shite, people who make it have no talent & anyone who drinks it is a stupid idiot!

I prefer Fedex. They get your packages to you well quick ;)

Actually there have been quite afew cd's that would have been nice but have been ruined by lack of technicsal skill, and I was talking just of sound quality.. for examply the second album by Muses Rapt had a number of musical errors made, and this by far reduced the wquality of the album... whereas an album that has excellent techical skills both in sound production and also in music production knowledge can steal be very appeling as whole package, even if it is a style that doesn't quite appeal to you 100% I have respect for a lot of musicians in this genre and many other, not because I love thier type of music, but because they have talent and technical skill.. and I don't beleive that just because a cd or a trac kis mastered by a professional it makes ia tecnically good album... if this was so then how would people be able to tell teh difference between a truely talented musician and your every day bedroom producer?

Okay, i also respect technical skills. I dopn't know if i get your point exactly, but all i want to say is this : if there is no creativity, those skills are wasted.

I heard a lot of bad music this year that I subsequently forgot.

Yeah! Same here. I tend to forget bad music but sometimes something is so bad you never get over. The Bomb :( *shakes head glumly*

Haven't heard anything really bad this year, but psytrance is now a parody of its own genre. Everything tends sounds the same, there's hardly any innovation going on, biggest problem is that most artists use the exact same 'base' material, it's the same shit but different artist in a different order. So I just stopped bother listening or checking out psytrance releases this year...

We're merely expressing our opinions. You wouldn't have us silenced, would you?

We're merely expressing our opinions. You wouldn't have us silenced, would you?

Not entirely, no. It would be nice though if you could control your opinion release in certain cases. For example, the best of 2006 Poll. If you don't have any entries to vote for in the poll, it would be great if you just didn't post in the poll. That topic is not one that would appeal to you, since you didn't like anything in 2006, so it would be cool if you could just leave it be.

Just my opinion.

Not entirely, no. It would be nice though if you could control your opinion release in certain cases. For example, the best of 2006 Poll. If you don't have any entries to vote for in the poll, it would be great if you just didn't post in the poll. That topic is not one that would appeal to you, since you didn't like anything in 2006, so it would be cool if you could just leave it be.

Just my opinion.

A resonable request I guess.

Haven't heard anything really bad this year, but psytrance is now a parody of its own genre. Everything tends sounds the same, there's hardly any innovation going on, biggest problem is that most artists use the exact same 'base' material, it's the same shit but different artist in a different order. So I just stopped bother listening or checking out psytrance releases this year...

Almost completely agreed... It has become very generic & formulaic. However there are still a few acts that are exception and have formed some style that sort of stands out, so I mostly search for albums or compilations featuring these names.. (KaSol , Electrypnose, Derango/Hallucinogenic Horses...)

Almost completely agreed... It has become very generic & formulaic. However there are still a few acts that are exception and have formed some style that sort of stands out, so I mostly search for albums or compilations featuring these names.. (KaSol , Electrypnose, Derango/Hallucinogenic Horses...)

:wub: (rubs groin)

Worst?

Dunno actually , cause this year I bought only albums and comps from artists or labels that I like.

But I'm sure like every the worst must be a poppy full on or a minimal progressive.

oh you are so elite! i wish i had these feelings towards subgenre's within a genre i like!

hm I actually have those, FUCK PSY CHILL... AND FUCK ALL THESE FAKE STUPID GENRE'S THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH PSYCHEDELIC OR PSYTRANCE BUT ARE LABELLED AS 'PSY-THIS' 'PSY-THAT'......

OMGWTF PSYGOABREAKCOREBEATTECHNOTEKNOAMBIENTCHILLMETALELECTRONOISE

Just heard Freq- Stone Shaker off of GOSUB 20, and thought it was horrible, haven't given the rest of the album a listen yet, but like Basilisk said, most of the bad stuff doesn't stay in the memory for long.