Where are the parties really happening, in the world of Goa / Psytrance

Aulday

I am wondering, where is the cutting edge right now. From reading further and further it seems the charisma of the Goa rave parties has, or is dying a death from policing and clamping down on drugs & rave parties.

I know a lot of new sounds have come out of the mexican scene over the last year, and the Full On psy sound is currently growing even in the UK!

The thing is I want to go on a long distance trip this summer 07', and am looking for somewhere where the momentum is still building, some place where it's all happening. I don't expect Goa in the early 90's, but I'm looking for something good, where imaginative parties are still going.

If anyone has got any recomendations, then please advise!

thanks, Tom :)

oh and you're all welcome to download all of my Fullon mixes here: http://www.dontstayin.com/members/aulday

peac

Well, Goa is still a great place...magical India..but warning if you want to go in summer : it's the Moonsoon season.

Thailand and Bali are good spots too.

About Mexico I have never been there so I don't know but I heard there is only commecial parties ( it is true ?)

Brasil is also a good place.

Anyway, the true psychedelic spirit is hidden.... Since some years Psychedelic Trance has merged with House, techno and all thoses commercial stuffs. Psytrance is now mostly played in clubs. the real "Goa" spirit had to hide to survive...but where ???

Maybe in some belgian old school parties, maybe in some underground parties in Goa...

maybe elsewhere...........

• 4 months later...

i heard rajasthan had a number of isreali trance parties this season. The israelis were supposedly banned in goa so all flocked to rajasthan. Can anyone confirm this?

Also ko phanan in thailand is good for the half moon festival..give the full moon festival a rain check.It's crowded and full of tourists. The half moon ones are much more real and enjoyable.

Where else? Bahia in brazil. But living in brazil is expensive compared to asia and the parties kinda lack the spiritual depth that goa parties have or once had. Man the world is getting more restrictive. But there's always bound to be a place up and coming...

anyone where??????

• 2 months later...

I think the new spots are in portugal,polan, ukraine (krim) , lithuania etc. check the east !

all myjor festivals in west europe are more like drug raves than goatrance spirit gatherings ...

hopefully next year something happen like the planned oldschool event "return to the source" or another free festival ive heard in portugal for 2008

here something from the east :

http://www.spaceofjoy.ru/en/index.html

Line up:

First new - Everything is possible :)

Second new – this is preliminary line up and it will be update !!!

Third new – In this year only one main stage!

Live’s:

Absolute Fuel (Ukraine)

Atmik (Russia)

AVP (Finland)

CpC (Russia)

Delusional (Portugal)

Deviant Species (UK)

Eraser vs. Yojalka (Finland)

Exuus (Israel)

Filteria (Sweden)

Grybni Vygluky (Ukraine)

Humanoid (Crimea)

Izzumm (Russia)

K.O.B (Sweden)

James Reipas (Finland)

Jarilo - Tripaganki Family (Germany)

Mamali (Russia)

Mongol & Co (Ukraine)

Paper Squad (Russia)

Shangri La (Belorussia)

Shivaz project (Ukraine)

Sacral Reason (Russia)

S.F.E.R (Crimea)

Taki Da (Russia)

TokeCha (Russia)

Tripaganki (Russia)

Trancedriver (Russia)

Unstable Elements (Russia)

Utro Tra Tru (Russia)

V.P.R. (Russia)

Zymosis (Ukraine)

Л.Е.Щ (Russia)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

http://www.skygravity.org/content/view/8/36/

AnnoyingNinjas (Арус, Дания)

Atriohm (Скопье, Македония)

Bormental aka Shivaki (Одесса)

IKS project (Луганск)

Kadasarva (Киев)

KinDzaDza (Москва, Россия)

Magma Divers (Киев)

Overdream (Киев)

Roof Raiser (Киев)

Saikozaurus (Одесса)

Secta (Cевастополь)

Solcast (Харьков)

Sphingida (Киев)

Spirit Medicine (Львов)

Synthetic Sacrament (Киев)

Triton (Киев)

Zoolog (Арус, Дания)

Unstable Elements (Москва, Россия) подробнее о проекте

Yudhisthira (Скопье, Македония)

Zymosis (Киев)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

August 4 Space Of Joy & Cosmic Theatre presents:

GOA GIL All Night & All Day

@ SolarValley (near the Black Sea)

Crimea, Ukraine

(supported by gLuckAround)

PreFlyer

hopefully next year something happen like the planned oldschool event "return to the source" or another free festival ive heard in portugal for 2008

Is this really going to happen? I hope it's true, where did you read about this mate? Will they be playing the old Goa sound? So many questions lol.

Cheers.

Is this really going to happen? I hope it's true, where did you read about this mate? Will they be playing the old Goa sound? So many questions lol.

Cheers.

RTTS!!! :blink: are you sure??? Oooo! i must find out more about this!