PSYNEWS'S: BEST OF 2006

moni

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF??? :huh::blink:

How do entirely forgetful bands make a comeback? I knew some people who were huge fans, 2 years after the break up not a single one still listnened to them.

I guess their fans have grown out of the embarassement phase and into the nostalgia phase. Personally I must admit that I felt a measure of sick satisfaction upon learning that Take That did well at the Brits while Robbie got nothing, and checked into rehab soon after.

Guest antic

WTF??? :huh::blink:

How do entirely forgetful bands make a comeback? I knew some people who were huge fans, 2 years after the break up not a single one still listnened to them.

I guess their fans have grown out of the embarassement phase and into the nostalgia phase. Personally I must admit that I felt a measure of sick satisfaction upon learning that Take That did well at the Brits while Robbie got nothing, and checked into rehab soon after.

Well, I think they came back simply because they ran out of the money they earned back then. Most of those guys from Take That tried a solo career (R. Williams, G. Barlow & M. Owen) but only Williams succeeded. It is only logical that now they're trying to cash in the popularity they had back then, because I doubt they're doing it for 'artistic' reasons :)

1: Take That - Beautiful World

2: Take That - Relight my Fire 2006

3: Take That - Patience

4: Take That - Shine

5: Take That - Back for Good

1: Take That - Beautiful World

2: Take That - Relight my Fire 2006

3: Take That - Patience

4: Take That - Shine

5: Take That - Back for Good

No way!

1: Take That - Back for Good

2: Take That - Shine

3: Take That - Relight my Fire 2006

4: Take That - Beautiful World

5: Take That - Patience

Well I suppose we COULD go back and simply count the more popular album votes get a good idea who won, the winners. It isn't difficult.

Abasio I think you were a woman in a past lifetime. ;)

Well I suppose we COULD go back and simply count the more popular album votes get a good idea who won, the winners. It isn't difficult.

Abasio I think you were a woman in a past lifetime. ;)

1. filteria - 69

2. jikkenteki - 63

3. oood - 53

4. ka sol - 50

5. koxbox - 37

6. vibrasphere - 36

7. carbon based lifeforms - 32

8. androcell - 23

i give up after the top 8. but im fairly sure this is right.

only took about an hour to do...

edit: ya cuz under 20 points it gets hard to sort out, um, i think electrypnose, quasar, and peace therapy 2 are the next 3 tho

and haha i dont think ANYONE voted for shulman or entheogenic... and freq only got a 3 :lol:

Good work gumballs!

---

I'd like to ask you people... do you consider this release as good for our chart, music genre-wise speaking?

Trentemøller - The Last Resort

Personally I wouldn't care to disqualify it, but if i accepted it, then i'd have to accept other similar releases as well.

Good work gumballs!

---

I'd like to ask you people... do you consider this release as good for our chart, music genre-wise speaking?

Personally I wouldn't care to disqualify it, but if i accepted it, then i'd have to accept other similar releases as well.

i say yes. cuz in the end youll end up with a more interesting list, and this years list seems to be weaker than 05 anyway. you should accept the tool and gathering votes too. i havent heard the gathering one, but i know they can do REALLY great trippy ambient, event tho theyre part of the "metal" scene

even tho saikosounds doesnt sell them, they are all still pretty damn psychedelic i think, so they would fit great on here!

I say leave Trentemøller out of the count... It's a great album, but it's not associated with the psy/progressive/goa/downbeat scene as such. You know what I mean.

Euhm, yeaaaah... but his first CD exactly fit downbeat concept. ;)

1. filteria - 69

2. jikkenteki - 63

3. oood - 53

4. ka sol - 50

5. koxbox - 37

6. vibrasphere - 36

7. carbon based lifeforms - 32

8. androcell - 23

i give up after the top 8. but im fairly sure this is right.

only took about an hour to do...

edit: ya cuz under 20 points it gets hard to sort out, um, i think electrypnose, quasar, and peace therapy 2 are the next 3 tho

Wow...great job! And I think 2007 will be a much more interesting year with so many big name follow-ups and anticipated releases like Transwave, Talpa, RA, K.O.B., Filteria 3, and many more on the way. :)

Yea I was wondering where Electrypnose - Subliminal Melancholies initially was in that list. It was easily on the top 5 best psy, goa, and downtempo albums from 2006 IMO. I agree that Filteria and jikkenteki make the ten spot. I bought Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home and it is really effing good. There are some excellent songs on it. Ten bucks on Saikosounds for a kickass double foreign album in new condition is an awesome deal. I wonder why Psyshop doesn't carry it. :unsure:

Filteria has done an impressive job reviving the return of climactic, super layered, melody-loaded Pleiadian-style goatrance that many of us have been asking for... for nearly a decade. The second album was great, it wasn't overloaded with climax while still having some awesome buildups, climaxes, and a general adrenaline pumping sound. Heliopolis is one of the coolest albums of 2006 and one of my top favorites of the year. I simply don't understand why it didn't score more reviews in the thread relative to the far higher number of reviews in the debut, Sky Input review thread.

Good work gumballs!

---

It's not Goa and it's not Psy-Trance but IMHO it's much more psychedelic than anything else on the list above.

I bought Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home and it is really effing good. There are some excellent songs on it. Ten bucks on Saikosounds for a kickass double foreign album in new condition is an awesome deal. I wonder why Psyshop doesn't carry it. :unsure:

Psyshop doesn't carry it because they never answered our emails asking if they would be interested in doing so. :(

The results are finally ready. As soon as mars uploads the files to the server, i'll be ready to announce them.

Thank you for your patience. :unsure:

:)

Looking forward to it now!

I hope you're not the only one (left). :unsure::)

he is not :) looking forward to finally seeing what all the fuss is about :P

Me too, me too!!!!

I can't wait to see the results!

:D

Me too, me too!!!!

I can't wait to see the results!

:D

Thats some nice quadro-quoting there! :P Good to see that u also are on the wagon :lol: ..... now we only have to wait for it being uploaded <_<

;)

Thats some nice quadro-quoting there! :P Good to see that u also are on the wagon :lol: ..... now we only have to wait for it being uploaded <_<

;)

:lol: Thanks! I pride myself on my fast finger work. :D:P

I already know who's in 1st & 2nd place, but to me these 2 Artists should be tied for 1st! :wub: