PSYNEWS'S: BEST OF 2006

moni

So moni, when is the closing of voting and final announcement ? :rolleyes:

Well, 1st February 2007 - closing of voting

Around 15th February - results

Sadly, this year we don't have so many participants. Maybe i'm wrong though. I hope so! There's still 9 days left! :)

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, this year we don't have so many participants. Maybe i'm wrong though. I hope so! There's still 9 days left! :)

Ask yourself: what good does it do to the scene?

Top "whatever" have been created by the system to sale more.... no freedom, no pleasure, no meaning.... definitely a marketting/sale sh*t that has nothing to do in psychedelic culture in my opinion. ... I guess that's why people loose interest, they bored of beeing the system puppets. A top whatever in psychedelic culture is a joke as it creates difference, and instead of uniting people in 1 trip, it divides them in useless / non tripping debats; arguing for nothing instead of enjoying themself, music and the present moment...

We ALL make fun of the real top 50 , the crap and crooked system that uses it BUT we make our own, it sadely kind of shows how fuck up are the values in the trance scene :(

Once again, in my own opinion. But all the top whatever looks like they got very few participant this year, on most of the forums I visited. Maybe more people share my point of view after all ;)

Guest Rezwalker

Top "whatever" have been created by the system to sale more.... no freedom, no pleasure, no meaning.... definitely a marketting/sale sh*t that has nothing to do in psychedelic culture in my opinion. ... I guess that's why people loose interest, they bored of beeing the system puppets. A top whatever in psychedelic culture is a joke as it creates difference, and instead of uniting people in 1 trip, it divides them in useless / non tripping debats; arguing for nothing instead of enjoying themself, music and the present moment...

We ALL make fun of the real top 50 , the crap and crooked system that uses it BUT we make our own, it sadely kind of shows how fuck up are the values in the trance scene :(

Once again, in my own opinion. But all the top whatever looks like they got very few participant this year, on most of the forums I visited. Maybe more people share my point of view after all ;)

+1 ;)

personally i have vote for only 3 albums (only bcause i want to see some goa and quality psy releases in list)

otherwise no meaning cause 2006 sux imo.. besides that, as we have all notice especially to this best of poll, there are many votes for some artists/psynews users..( jikkenteki, oood) and i wonder how valid can be this poll when the same time these guys have some good friends here ...i mean i don't have nothing against jikkenteki for example, (probably we will c him in top 3 cd's) but it has very interest to check and some other polls from other forums/sites if has the same success to votes as well. let's c.

Top "whatever" have been created by the system to sale more....

You have a point with industry driven top ## lists being primarily for sales, but personally I have always enjoyed fan based top ## lists because they represent the fans direct opinion. For me they have always been a wonderful "crap filter" and a place to find new stuff I have missed for whatever reason earlier. If something is making into many people's lists even though there wasn't a lot of commercial hype around it, it is mostly likely something decent I'd be interested in checking out.

As for Rezwalker's comment about my votes on other sites. Last I say before they closed it on Isratrance I had I believe 5 votes. I did a quick goggle hunt and my name seems to have popped up one or two times on a few forums in other countries, but I can't read them, so for all I know, they are "Worst Releases of 2006" lists. Its true that I have a lot more hype here than on any other forum, but then again spend more time here than any of the others (possibly related? shrugs :P ) . I don't have that many "friends" here (as in people I talk to outside the forum about non-psy related topics, only about 3 come to mind right now) so I desparately want to believe whatever popularly my album has gotten here in the last couple months is due only to its merits (more likely it's due to Abasio never shutting up about it.. :D )

As for my list at the moment:

1 Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home (originally refrained from stuffing the ballot box, but after much thought, why shouldn't I vote for what was obviously the most important release of the year for me)

2 Principles Of Flight - Night Time Lullabies

3 VA - Far East Technology

4 Hydraglyph - Kinetic

5 Human Blue - misSTArRyAs Xperience

It's always sweet when people have feelings and a heart, and they find "freedom, pleasure, meaning" in music and in the "psychedelic culture", and nothing else matters except "tripping as 1" and living in a pink world. I'd like to tell you though that also many people listen to psytrance because they like the music, the melodic idea/line, the effects, the samples, the "chemistry", and it's unfair to unapprove people that don't feel the "spirituality" the way you do. But nevermind this, it's not the point.

We have a brain also for thinking, not just for tripping. Some people find it stimulating to see how the scene evolves, which are the best rated artists on various sites. Some people like to see which subgenres dominate the charts (maybe even the scene) every year, and which labels do well in their activities.

Some people like to get recommendations on what to listen/buy by using our tops (i know people that used the 2006 tops to buy CDs and thanked us). Some people like to EXPRESS what are good releases in their opinnion, and they like to see if their tastes in music are shared by others as well.

If we go by your "spiritual" mentality, then we shouldn't have REVIEWS either? Just like charts, reviews have the purpose of putting up or down a release, and it may even influence the number of its sales and the number of listeners.

Psychedelic scene may be an underground scene, but it is still a scene, and a big one may i add. This means there is TRADE, we trade products and services for money. We buy releases, tickets to parties, artists, labels, organisers offer us music, gigs, shows. These are all involving MONEY, and that cannot be denied. The basic rules of the psychedelic trance scene are the same as the ones of any commercial scene. No money means no psychedelic scene. My conclusion is that there is more to the existence of a scene (commercial or non-commercial) than just spirituality and tripping, and going to Goa to party.

I don't see how a "BEST OF 2007" thread can ... let me quote you... "create difference, and instead of uniting people in 1 trip, it divides them in useless / non tripping debats".

If you wanna get high on drugs and trip on psychedelic trance, nobody is stopping you. Nobody is trying to make you buy more, or less, or influence you in your musical taste. This chart is purely just an exercise, a conclusion of our members' activity in 2006. We mean no harm, no stress for anyone, we don't force people to post in this thread.

Do you have to be so exclusivist? There is enough room for both brain and heart on this forum, and we're trying to make everyone happy here.

Thanks for your support.

1. oood - free range

2. va - acropolis avenue

3. salakavala - fractal fishing

4. va - lime light 2

5. voice of cod - we are free

Mike, VoC is from 2005, we had it in our chart last time.

+1 ;)

personally i have vote for only 3 albums (only bcause i want to see some goa and quality psy releases in list)

otherwise no meaning cause 2006 sux imo.. besides that, as we have all notice especially to this best of poll, there are many votes for some artists/psynews users..( jikkenteki, oood) and i wonder how valid can be this poll when the same time these guys have some good friends here ...i mean i don't have nothing against jikkenteki for example, (probably we will c him in top 3 cd's) but it has very interest to check and some other polls from other forums/sites if has the same success to votes as well. let's c.

It's always sweet when people have feelings and a heart, and they find "freedom, pleasure, meaning" in music and in the "psychedelic culture", and nothing else matters except "tripping as 1" and living in a pink world. I'd like to tell you though that also many people listen to psytrance because they like the music, the melodic idea/line, the effects, the samples, the "chemistry", and it's unfair to unapprove people that don't feel the "spirituality" the way you do. But nevermind this, it's not the point.

We have a brain also for thinking, not just for tripping. Some people find it stimulating to see how the scene evolves, which are the best rated artists on various sites. Some people like to see which subgenres dominate the charts (maybe even the scene) every year, and which labels do well in their activities.

Some people like to get recommendations on what to listen/buy by using our tops (i know people that used the 2006 tops to buy CDs and thanked us). Some people like to EXPRESS what are good releases in their opinnion, and they like to see if their tastes in music are shared by others as well.

If we go by your "spiritual" mentality, then we shouldn't have REVIEWS either? Just like charts, reviews have the purpose of putting up or down a release, and it may even influence the number of its sales and the number of listeners.

Psychedelic scene may be an underground scene, but it is still a scene, and a big one may i add. This means there is TRADE, we trade products and services for money. We buy releases, tickets to parties, artists, labels, organisers offer us music, gigs, shows. These are all involving MONEY, and that cannot be denied. The basic rules of the psychedelic trance scene are the same as the ones of any commercial scene. No money means no psychedelic scene. My conclusion is that there is more to the existence of a scene (commercial or non-commercial) than just spirituality and tripping, and going to Goa to party.

I don't see how a "BEST OF 2007" thread can ... let me quote you... "create difference, and instead of uniting people in 1 trip, it divides them in useless / non tripping debats".

If you wanna get high on drugs and trip on psychedelic trance, nobody is stopping you. Nobody is trying to make you buy more, or less, or influence you in your musical taste. This chart is purely just an exercise, a conclusion of our members' activity in 2006. We mean no harm, no stress for anyone, we don't force people to post in this thread.

Do you have to be so exclusivist? There is enough room for both brain and heart on this forum, and we're trying to make everyone happy here.

Thanks for your support.

+2

I totally and fully agree with you Moni. Very well written! :)

+2

I totally and fully agree with you Moni. Very well written! :)

-1 - 1 + 2 = 0

:ph34r:

... as we have all notice especially to this best of poll, there are many votes for some artists/psynews users..( jikkenteki, oood) and i wonder how valid can be this poll when the same time these guys have some good friends here ...i mean i don't have nothing against jikkenteki for example, (probably we will c him in top 3 cd's) but it has very interest to check and some other polls from other forums/sites if has the same success to votes as well. let's c.

My opinnion on this issue. It's very simple.

Jikkenteki and Colin OOOD's presence on this forum means more votes for them simply because of 3 (or maybe more) reasons:

1. Their music is probably good.

2. They have the chance of freely promoting their music here, nobody is stopping them. There are many cases of artists promoting their music here, offering live mixes for us to download, etc.

3. Artists interracting with listeners online means nothing but publicity for the artist, generally good publicity, especially when the artist is an interesting and honest person and he/she can get the forum members' attention and positive reactions, even in music listening, if it's good.

Jikkenteki & Colin OOOD's presence have nothing to do with people voting for their albums.

It might have a lot to do with people buying their albums but I don't see many sychophants here that would vote for an album for any other reason than that the music is amazing!

Maybe I didn't shut up about jikkenteki's album but that was because I loved it. Easily the best album of the year & I would vote for it even if Rennis was a big wanky pants tool of shite (which I don't think he is but there you go)

I don't understand why some people have to attack all the time in the name of the psy scene :huh:

Just go with the flow & STFU :lol:

Guest Rezwalker

My opinnion on this issue. It's very simple.

Jikkenteki and Colin OOOD's presence on this forum means more votes for them simply because of 3 (or maybe more) reasons:

1. Their music is probably good.

2. They have the chance of freely promoting their music here, nobody is stopping them. There are many cases of artists promoting their music here, offering live mixes for us to download, etc.

3. Artists interracting with listeners online means nothing but publicity for the artist, generally good publicity, especially when the artist is an interesting and honest person and he/she can get the forum members' attention and positive reactions, even in music listening, if it's good.

i agree with you, i just don't agree with some ppl who tries to convince us in the name of promotion,suddenly

they have discover the hallucinogen successor in 1 night. that's all. :)

anyway it's just my opinion and i'm saying again, my previews post not affects the artists.

1. Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home - PAR-2 Productions - June 2006

2. Hydraglyph - Kinetic - Sanskara- January 2006

3. 11 Vs Symphonics Aka Ph - Far East Technology - ELF Music (JP)- October 2006

4. OOOD - Free Range - Organic- November 2006

5. Can't decide

1. VA - Solstice Black Compilation #01 - Solstice Music International - 11 Jan 2006

2. Koxbox - U-Turn - Twisted - 21 Sept 2006

3. VA - Abracadabra - Horns And Hoofs - July 2006

4. VA - New Order - HOM-Mega Productions - 2006

5. Lani - The Reincarnation Of Jhonny Looloo And The Seven Cosmic Sisters - Kairoo Records - 2006

Thanks for your support.

what's wrong you you?

I guess whith that bitchy attitude of yours, it won't really motivate people to participate and express individual opinions.

I never spoke about getting high with drugs, I never said it was stupid to do it either and I never said people that do it are stupid .. I just made apoint about how a lame we are to folow the system and not create our own rules.

There is a BIG difference.

Some people like to EXPRESS what are good releases in their opinnion, and they like to see if their tastes in music are shared by others as well.

Nothing wrong with that, then why not make it : the cds you enjoyed the most instead of "The Top 5 whatever"... I guess you believe creating competition is good..I don't.

My conclusion is that there is more to the existence of a scene (commercial or non-commercial) than just spirituality and tripping, and going to Goa to party.

I can't believe I just read that.... But one again I disagree,...Psytrance is ALL about spiritualitty, trippng and going to party to share it....

All the "Best of....", "Top 10" and other non sens are from and for the pop start showbizz industry.

The psytrance scene was never about "top 10" and "I wanna be number #1" but freedom of the mind and counciousness through music.

Unfortunately for people like you... Yes, I do.

And...to quote you again "First thing to make everyone happy" would be to let them speak freely and respect their opinion and as you said it: there is suppose enough room for that.... Very contradicting sentence here where you first tell me that I should not be so exclusive and yet that people should be free to express their opinion. That is pure bull-shit, just like most of the psytrance scene nowdays with the star wannabe and top ten shit and formated music.

Beeing an economist is not an excuse...sorry. I think you narrow minded and your attitude is really not what I was expecting :( Open mind, freedom and difference are values we do NOT share.