V/A - Get Your Wonk On! (Sonic Dragon Records)

Posted Image

Get Your Wonk On!

10 fresh, unreleased, belting tracks from the cream of new, UK talent and some established international artists. This compilation will take you through the full spectrum of full-on morning music, from daybreak twisters to late morning floaters, going back to basics... no horrible key changes, no 3 minute breakdowns and absolutely no cheese.

Hemi-Sync ~ New Method

Tron vs Vazik ~ Insane Man

Rastaliens - Chaos Theory

Touch Tone ~ Ammo

Beatnik ~ Balloon Tricks

Braincell ~ Total Control

Fractal Glider ~ Spherical

Zen Mechanics ~ New Propulsion Technology (Flip Flop rmx)

Fromem_Ory ~ Insect Room

OOOD ~ Starseeker

compiled by lurk

mastered by Tim Shuldt

coming soon on Sonic Dragon Records (release: 26th April 2007);

click here for sound samples :)

Sonic Dragon Records ~ V/A - Get Your Wonk On!

"wonky" (noun) [wong-kee] ~ Crazy, loony, not quite right. a mix of bonkers and whacky or to be completely wasted, inebriated, shitfaced and very, very wobbly.

"To Wonk" (verb) [wong-k] ~ To be all of the above at once.

This compilation encapsulates the whole spectrum of the full-on morning psytrance sound; from first light twisters to late morning bliss, with no eurotrance key changes or cheesy melodies. It is structured to take the listener on a journey from start to finish, as well as providing DJ material to rip up any dancefloor. It mixes established international artists with the cream of new UK talent. Kicking off with Hemi-Sync, one half of Flip Flop, it’s funky and intricate and will definitely get your booty swinging. Tron is next up with a stone cold groove that draws you in and doesn’t let you go until it’s done, weaving in a bit of America’s Greatest Prophet for good measure. Rastaliens ramp up the tempo with a track that cranks up the tension before letting fly with an explosive final third. Next up is Touch Tone, the other half of Flip Flop, this track kicks harder than a Chuck Norris roundhouse. Which it should do, because Chuck was the inspiration for this, and you can’t go wrong with that! Beatnik, who has already had releases on Nano and Liquid Records, takes it on with a track that cleverly builds and builds, layering sounds on top of each other until it’s brain-twisting peak. Braincell then produces an absolute stomper; famous samples are given fresh life and a spine-tingling breakdown and final run. Fractal Glider pops up with an epic, powerful, morning track with a stupidly large bassline and sublime melodies, it won’t fail to get you moving. A classic Zen Mechanics track is then given the Flip Flop treatment, these guys are fast gaining a great reputation, having already played the main stage at major festivals, they have also just signed to Alchemy Records. They make this track their own while still retaining all the qualities of the original. Fromem_Ory learnt his craft at the infamous UK forest parties and this track oozes that atmosphere; the first sunbeams of the day coming through the trees, dust in the air and the smell of the woods; and it brings all this right into any club or living room. Last, but by no means least, come UK pioneers, OOOD, finishing the journey in sublime fashion. Hot on the heels of their critically acclaimed album “Free Range”, they give us a track that lives up to it’s name, it’s bouncy, floaty and downright beautiful, with an old school vibe, that will take you to far off places, with a massive smile on your face. To top it all off, it’s been mastered by the legend that is Tim Shuldt. Wherever you listen to it, it’s 79 minutes of tunes that are guaranteed to get your wonk on! Or in the immortal words of Henry ‘Mad Ron’ Seligman: “It is the first truly bang bang lezzer disco CD I've heard in bloody ages.” (John ‘00’ Fleming was unavailable to comment).

I know i'm completely the wrong person to say this... but this one has has got me more excited than a blind lesbian in a fish factory

I was stoopid and put this in the wrong section originally, so now I am giving it a bump, without shame, so it goes to the top of the right section ;)

it's worth pointing out that Flip Flop (who have just signed to Alchemy) & Fromem_Ory have played on the main stage at the Glade festival, Beatnik and Hemisync have had releases on Nano Records, and Touch Tone is stirring a lot of interest too. Touch Tone and Hemi-Sync are the solo projects of the Flip Flop guys. The rest of the acts shouldn't need any introduction ;)

• 3 months later...

A thinly veiled excuse for their lack of musical ability... or are you just being an elitist full-on freak?

At least separate the release info and your opinions, please.

why should I? you don't have to agree with them, but they are informative opinions. a lot of people can't stand key changes, plenty of people love them. this is a cd for the former group, which i happen to belong to, and represents my taste in music. why would i want to put music on it that i don't like or believe in? music that tries to appeal to everyone is generally crap. i don't see how that makes me elitist, or how it denotes that there's a lack of musical ability. for me, key changes point to a lack of any other kind of idea of how to build a track, and they make the music (full on especially) sound wrong.

it's all a matter of taste though, and i never thought this cd would appeal to everyone's :)

listened to samples, sounded interesting :)

/OT

hey, lurk, what about arkanoydz, any samples/cover art coming soon :P? i see youve set it to release in may, and you have cover art thumb on your page, how about bigger cover art pic :P?

sorry for ot :)

i will find out for you, reger. sonic dragon are a bit behind and the dates on the website are old. according to that, this cd should have been out last month, and it won't be out until the end of april/beginning of may.

i will find out for you, reger. sonic dragon are a bit behind and the dates on the website are old. according to that, this cd should have been out last month, and it won't be out until the end of april/beginning of may.

hey, thanks for you reply :)!

im sure im not the only one being curious about arkanoydz album B)!

hey, thanks for you reply :)!

im sure im not the only one being curious about arkanoydz album B)!

i just had some news... the arkanoydz album doesn't have a release date yet and prolly won't be out til after the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Samples are nice... not too much in yer face full on... lighter, morning stuff... Fractal Glider - Spherical and OOOD - Starseeker sound most appealing to my ears.

• 4 weeks later...