aliases

technosomy

This idiot ofcourse:

Ingmar Veeck

Not sure it it are more though, too lazy to count.

Why do people have so many aliases?

different aliases for different music styles, or for being signed with different labels, I suppose :) to be quite honest I don't really how this is like within the psy "scene" but i know there's always labels wanting to own the full rights to a certain artist name so the artist will have to pick a new one whenever he signs with another label

although I doubt if there's people signed to 15 different labels at a time.

different aliases for different music styles, or for being signed with different labels, I suppose :) to be quite honest I don't really how this is like within the psy "scene" but i know there's always labels wanting to own the full rights to a certain artist name so the artist will have to pick a new one whenever he signs with another label

although I doubt if there's people signed to 15 different labels at a time.

That makes sense but some of these guys have 20+ alliases. Same label same style!

I always feel that it is crap artists (I know this isn't always true) that have so many aliases because if there music was good then they would sell more using just the one name but if there music was crap then they would sell more using loads of different names.

From the same parent label as Ingmar Veeck, but

here we have the Hardcore sublabel with again the same

kind of misleading intensions...

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Braincracker

that label s a joke .. the only problem is that among all the crap that the dude produced placed a few rare gems here and there.. lousy bastard... :P... but i won't invest a crazy amount of money to get that fucking label discography.. but is for a fact that certain volumes of the serie Goa Trance included exclusive tracks by other artists...

Volume 1 of the GOA-TRANCE series is actually quite nice!

Haven't heard it in years though, a long lost friend had it :(

22 different artist names on this 2CD release and all of them are that same guy ?? :lol::lol:

is that for real?

:D

Goa Trance vol. 9 ... the 2CD solo album by Ingmar Veeck :lol:

• 1 year later...

Ingmar Veeck is the winner.

All tracks on TRNC are produced by him. There are some nice ideas in the tracks but the production is horrible. Nothing against this label; except that it uses similar names to famous artists to cheat. Most of the 2/3 CD compilations by this label are missing on discogs...

Second is Jake Stephenson, one of my favourite artists (not joking)

His ambient productions are better than his 4/4 tracks.

I hate when people say his stuff is crap - he had talent. I never found a picture of him on the net and trying to find one is futile.

(The majority of the aliases you see linked on discogs were aliased by me time ago. For Jake Stephenson they are long linked since 90% of his tracks or more are on database; for Ingmar Veeck I immediately link all his aliases as soon as a compilation is added)

Ingmar Veeck is the winner.

All tracks on TRNC are produced by him. There are some nice ideas in the tracks but the production is horrible. Nothing against this label; except that it uses similar names to famous artists to cheat. Most of the 2/3 CD compilations by this label are missing on discogs...

Second is Jake Stephenson, one of my favourite artists (not joking)

His ambient productions are better than his 4/4 tracks.

I hate when people say his stuff is crap - he had talent. I never found a picture of him on the net and trying to find one is futile.

(The majority of the aliases you see linked on discogs were aliased by me time ago. For Jake Stephenson they are long linked since 90% of his tracks or more are on database; for Ingmar Veeck I immediately link all his aliases as soon as a compilation is added)

+1

Jake was an ambient master. R.I.P.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Peter+Kuhlmann

aka

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Pete+Namlook

Some not listed, but I think we have a winner :P

he isnt a winner at all.. he is in more groups.. but doesnt have more alliases :P

senor coconut is a pretty good contender as well..

He might actually have made most different musical styles of all.. dont remember the actual number.. but it was something like 45.... crazy guy!

Oliver Lieb : Aliases: Alpha Omega, The Ambush, Archon, Ecano, Every, Genetix, Gobiman, Ivan, L.S.G., Mark III, Mindspace, Multiplicity, O.L., Paragliders, Phools Inc, Radical Impression, S.O.L., Smoked, Snakemen, Solieb, Spicelab, Strike, Superspy

And, he is one of my favourite producers... :D