how old were you when you first

hey whats up? i thought this would be kind of a neat thing.

it would be to find out how old everyone was when they first started using software sequencers, and trackers and such...

if you must know, I had my first dose of loopy fruits when i was 12, i d-loaded the demo and tried making stuff, i later found out that i couldn't save, so, i started tracking when i was about 13, then slowly, when i got some money, i bought fruityloops (as flstudio).

ehm.... yeah, i'd like to hear from the rest of you... :rolleyes:

i think its really cool...

hey whats up? i thought this would be kind of a neat thing.

it would be to find out how old everyone was when they first started using software sequencers, and trackers and such...

if you must know, I had my first dose of loopy fruits when i was 12, i d-loaded the demo and tried making stuff, i later found out that i couldn't save, so, i started tracking when i was about 13, then slowly, when i got some money, i bought fruityloops (as flstudio).

ehm.... yeah, i'd like to hear from the rest of you... :rolleyes:

i think its really cool...

Cant remember what year I used the first tracker like program for my C64, but it must have been around 1984-86? I think I was around 10 when I started playing with the first tracker like program. The trackers for Commodore 64 didnt have any facilities to play sampled sounds, so it was sidsounds style :)

I was old. I think I bought Rebirth as my first try at age 28. Sadly, try as I might all these years I never could grasp making music and finally gave up this year. I guess I started too late in life. Either that or I just plain suck. Likely, the suck.

My first exposure to any sort of sequencer was when I got my first synth, a Yamaha SY-85 back in 1992 so that would have made me 19 I guess. I never touched a computer based sequencer until Fruityloops in either 2000 or 2001 so making that final jump to the computer side of music production was a fairly late thing with me being 27 or 28 at the time.

i got a demo of fruity loops from a computer magazine CD which containes demos of programs. three years back. i was 19 then. i remember i was trying to play mp3 in that not knowing what is that for :lol:. it was a big exitement when i came to know i can make music with that :)

my first sequencer was also fruity :D

although i already installed cubase a year before or so and tried to record rebirth with it.

didnt go well cause my soundcards latency and cpu lol.

so actually rebirth was the start. :)

13-14 with impulse tracker

really? Me too!

closer to 14 I believe... it was a while ago.

I think I was about 16... step sequencing on a Sequential SixTrak and an SH101, and using a Yamaha RX7 to trigger my Akai S612 sampler. It was soon after that I got my hands on a friend's Atari ST and did my first stuff with Steinberg Pro 24.

I think I was 16 or 17 (1997 or 1998) when a guy gave me a software called Fasttracker II, he said you can make music with it so I began to experiment with it on a 486/100mhz :ph34r:

I was always curious how music and sounds are made. I didn't know nothing about synths, music theory or equipment. :D

In 2001 I was still using Fastracker II and I finished my last track in Fasttracker II called "Anything is Possible", heavily Astral Projection influenced oldschool goatrance (they were my popstarts... :lol: ), I uploaded it here: http://www.mytempdir.com/1117337

Than came the VST world... B)