Eat Static...

NEMO.BOFH

I ordered "Implant" and "Science of the Gods" from Saikosounds today along with some other stuff - liked the samples I heard... I didn't get into the samples from "Abduction" as much though, and the "Decadence" album didn't really do it for me at all the couple bits I heard...

That style I heard on Implant and Science of the Gods is killer though, the way they pace the tracks, just sorta rolls along...

I'm feeling guilty though spending money on music like this though - a psytrance habit is worse than drugs I swear :P

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered "Implant" and "Science of the Gods" from Saikosounds today along with some other stuff - liked the samples I heard... I didn't get into the samples from "Abduction" as much though, and the "Decadence" album didn't really do it for me at all the couple bits I heard...

That style I heard on Implant and Science of the Gods is killer though, the way they pace the tracks, just sorta rolls along...

I'm feeling guilty though spending money on music like this though - a psytrance habit is worse than drugs I swear :P

Both Excellent albums I hope you enjoy them! ;)

Hell yeah, Eat Static rules... I haven't got as much of their music as I'd like, but I'm slowly getting there.

I´m in the same boat as you :)

...And let them eat static!

Where´s that quote from ;)

Found another Eat Static track in my collection: Bony Incus on Distance To Goa 4 and wasn't too impressed by it. Compared to the stuff on Implant it sounds like standart old-school goa but nothing more. Just found out now that it's the WMNN remix so maybe that's why it's not that impressive.

you dont get it.

i dont hear those signs of "old" in koxbox or doof, what im talking about is - listen to eat static, it have this taste of little bit of simplicity and 90s "rave" music - just like popular dance music of beggining of nineties, and thats OLD. too usual.

Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't get it again...

Have you paid attention to Eat Static's music at all? It's not simple, it's effortless and that's a big difference, though it may sound similar to untrained ears :P;):D They grew out long time ago of showing off what tricks & sounds they can create and instead concentrated on what's really important - the music. It is mature, it is varied, it is creative. And of course it has elements of 'rave' music, because there was no goa/psy as we know it yet. They, along with Koxbox, Juno Reactor etc. were only making the first steps in that direction.

And God bless 'em for that :)

[edit] just won Abduction for 5GBP on eBay :):D

Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't get it again...

Have you paid attention to Eat Static's music at all? It's not simple, it's effortless and that's a big difference, though it may sound similar to untrained ears :P;):D They grew out long time ago of showing off what tricks & sounds they can create and instead concentrated on what's really important - the music. It is mature, it is varied, it is creative. And of course it has elements of 'rave' music, because there was no goa/psy as we know it yet. They, along with Koxbox, Juno Reactor etc. were only making the first steps in that direction.

And God bless 'em for that :)

[edit] just won Abduction for 5GBP on eBay :):D

to make it clear to you what i think about eat statics tracks that ive heard - in general they sound OLD. compared to koxbox you mentioned, forever after for example to me doesnt sound old.

tho i might change my mind with more listens. but who cares ;).

to make it clear to you what i think about eat statics tracks that ive heard - in general they sound OLD. compared to koxbox you mentioned, forever after for example to me doesnt sound old.

tho i might change my mind with more listens. but who cares ;) .

Yeah, fair enough. It would be really boring if we all liked the same stuff :)

Yeah, fair enough. It would be really boring if we all liked the same stuff :)

i think eat static is one of those few psy/goa projects that ive read some good reviews/feedback about and thus had some expectations how it should sound but when it came to listening it didnt sound quite the way i expected it could, perhaps each of us have our own definition of whats alien :), so time will tell.

i had some expectations with ifo aswell, i heard meter months before i could hear ifo and i expected ifo to be something like meter, nevertheless ifo is slowly growing on me, not that its bad, not at all [ :ph34r:], but at the beggining i just quite didnt acquire it all, now with more carefull listening it comes B). who knows what will happen with eat static :)

hELLO FRIENDS IT IS THE FIRST TIME THAT I WRITE IN THIS SITE!! BUT THIS FORUM IS ABOUT ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS ALL THE TIME ....

YES THE EAT STATIC HAVE A PARTICULARY SOUND!! FOR SOME PERSONS COULD BE INTERESTING AND GREAT LIKE ME!! AND FOR OTHERS PERSONS COULD BE OLD, STRANGE, TOO MUCH EXPERIMENTAL .......

I BEGIN TO HEAR TRANCE MUSIC AROUND 1998 ..... tHANKS TO THAT I HEARD FIRST THE MUSIC OF OZRIC TENTACLES ......

THEN WAS WHEN I DISCOVERED THE SOUND OF EAT STATIC ..... MAYBE WHEN I LISTEN SOME TRACKS FOR FIRST TIME I DON´T LIKE OF THE ALL! NO TOO MUCH DIGESTIBLE .... BUT SOUNDS INTERESTING .... WHEN I LISTEN AGAIN THE TRACKS I FIND SOME NEW ELEMENTS , AND BEGGINING TO LIKE ME .... I RESPECT: THAT THE THEY NOT USE THE "TYPICAL" FORMULES ALL THE TIME, THEIR AMAZING OWN SOUNDS AND ALL THE GREAT MUSIC EXPERIMENTAL IDEAS!!

ABOUT THE CDS OR MP3'S (FOR SOME PERSONS!!! :P ) THEY MAKE THE ALBUMS FOR HOME LISTENING! NO FOR DANCE FLOORS!! OR DJS :rolleyes: I SAW THEM PLAY THE LAST YEAR AND WAS AMAZING! AT REAL LIVE ACT NO JUST A GUY WITH A LAPTOP WITH CONTROL MIDI .... THEY MAKE THE DIFERRENCE BETWEEN THE STUDIO ALBUMS AN THE LIVE EXPERIENCE!! ABSOLUTE CRUNCHY SOUND!! :lol:

MAYBE THEIR OLD ALBUMS DON´T HAVE THE "CRYSTAL" SOUND ALL THE NEW FACILITIES TECHNOLGYS THAT HAVE THE NEW PRODUCTIONS BUT THEIR MUSIC HAVE REAL PSYCHEDELIC AND ORGANIC VIBES! AND ALWAYS ADVANCED TO THEIR TIME FUSING DIFERENTS STYLES LIKE TRANCE , TECHNO, ELECTRO ........... FOR EXAMPLE THE ALIEN EPS....

ABOUT THE ALL "OLD" STUFF I PREFER LISTEN THE TRANCE MUSIC OF THE 90´S LIKE EAT STATIC, SISTEM 7, KOXBOX , JUNO REACTOR , X DREAM , MATSURI, BLUE ROOM AND FLYING RHINO STUFF THAN THE NEW PSY TRANCE STUFF I AM BORED ABOUT THE FORMULES OF THE NEW "PSYCHEDELIC" AND PROGRE AND TEENAGERS STUFF.... :unsure:

SO I HAVE TO GIVE MY THANKS TO EAT STATIC FOR KEEP THE PSY SCENE LIVE!

THE NEW ALBUM IS COMING! I CAN´T WAIT MORE!! :blink:

GREENTINGS FROM MEXICO!! :rolleyes:

HECTOR.

hELLO FRIENDS IT IS THE FIRST TIME THAT I WRITE IN THIS SITE!! BUT THIS FORUM IS ABOUT ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS ALL THE TIME ....

YES THE EAT STATIC HAVE A PARTICULARY SOUND!! FOR SOME PERSONS COULD BE INTERESTING AND GREAT LIKE ME!! AND FOR OTHERS PERSONS COULD BE OLD, STRANGE, TOO MUCH EXPERIMENTAL .......

I BEGIN TO HEAR TRANCE MUSIC AROUND 1998 ..... tHANKS TO THAT I HEARD FIRST THE MUSIC OF OZRIC TENTACLES ......

THEN WAS WHEN I DISCOVERED THE SOUND OF EAT STATIC ..... MAYBE WHEN I LISTEN SOME TRACKS FOR FIRST TIME I DON´T LIKE OF THE ALL! NO TOO MUCH DIGESTIBLE .... BUT SOUNDS INTERESTING .... WHEN I LISTEN AGAIN THE TRACKS I FIND SOME NEW ELEMENTS , AND BEGGINING TO LIKE ME .... I RESPECT: THAT THE THEY NOT USE THE "TYPICAL" FORMULES ALL THE TIME, THEIR AMAZING OWN SOUNDS AND ALL THE GREAT MUSIC EXPERIMENTAL IDEAS!!

ABOUT THE CDS OR MP3'S (FOR SOME PERSONS!!! :P ) THEY MAKE THE ALBUMS FOR HOME LISTENING! NO FOR DANCE FLOORS!! OR DJS :rolleyes: I SAW THEM PLAY THE LAST YEAR AND WAS AMAZING! AT REAL LIVE ACT NO JUST A GUY WITH A LAPTOP WITH CONTROL MIDI .... THEY MAKE THE DIFERRENCE BETWEEN THE STUDIO ALBUMS AN THE LIVE EXPERIENCE!! ABSOLUTE CRUNCHY SOUND!! :lol:

MAYBE THEIR OLD ALBUMS DON´T HAVE THE "CRYSTAL" SOUND ALL THE NEW FACILITIES TECHNOLGYS THAT HAVE THE NEW PRODUCTIONS BUT THEIR MUSIC HAVE REAL PSYCHEDELIC AND ORGANIC VIBES! AND ALWAYS ADVANCED TO THEIR TIME FUSING DIFERENTS STYLES LIKE TRANCE , TECHNO, ELECTRO ........... FOR EXAMPLE THE ALIEN EPS....

ABOUT THE ALL "OLD" STUFF I PREFER LISTEN THE TRANCE MUSIC OF THE 90´S LIKE EAT STATIC, SISTEM 7, KOXBOX , JUNO REACTOR , X DREAM , MATSURI, BLUE ROOM AND FLYING RHINO STUFF THAN THE NEW PSY TRANCE STUFF I AM BORED ABOUT THE FORMULES OF THE NEW "PSYCHEDELIC" AND PROGRE AND TEENAGERS STUFF.... :unsure:

SO I HAVE TO GIVE MY THANKS TO EAT STATIC FOR KEEP THE PSY SCENE LIVE!

THE NEW ALBUM IS COMING! I CAN´T WAIT MORE!! :blink:

GREENTINGS FROM MEXICO!! :rolleyes:

HECTOR.

Yes the new album is coming, but when?? Been waiting for quite some time now!

Since when that's a disadvantage?

I mean, those old records (Koxbox' Forever After, Doof's Let's Turn On etc.) sound so much more alive & organic than most of today's clinical, over polished, "32-bit floating point mixing engine" crap... IMO :)

you speak my mind...

Yes the new album is coming, but when?? Been waiting for quite some time now!

[/quoNot long to go now!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the new album i think could be for the beginning of the next year in soltice records .... it is from the eat static´s page :lol: :

Not long to go now

Just an album update for the hundreds of you that keep asking!

We mastered it today,sounds killer,10 new tunes,just over 75 mins..track listing as follows just to wet the appetite...

1) Invasion

2) Sucker Unit

3) Trantaloid

4) Deadly Amphibian

5) Sin-Quest

6) Tractor Beam

7) Pachama

8) Visitors

9) Brassneck

10) De-Classified

http://www.myspace.com/joiehinton (Joe Hinton)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=99595949 ( Merv Peppler )

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=31692707 ( Eat Static )

Found another Eat Static track in my collection: Bony Incus on Distance To Goa 4 and wasn't too impressed by it. Compared to the stuff on Implant it sounds like standart old-school goa but nothing more. Just found out now that it's the WMNN remix so maybe that's why it's not that impressive.

Hello Tatsu the Abduction , Implant and Epsylon albums are in the same direction ....... The original Bony Incus track is more Acid tech trance that Goa ..... anyway a like the remix of mwnn.... :ph34r:

About the new album i think could be for the beginning of the next year in soltice records .... it is from the eat static´s page :lol: :

Not long to go now

Just an album update for the hundreds of you that keep asking!

We mastered it today,sounds killer,10 new tunes,just over 75 mins..track listing as follows just to wet the appetite...

1) Invasion

2) Sucker Unit

3) Trantaloid

4) Deadly Amphibian

5) Sin-Quest

6) Tractor Beam

7) Pachama

8) Visitors

9) Brassneck

10) De-Classified

http://www.myspace.com/joiehinton (Joe Hinton)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=99595949 ( Merv Peppler )

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=31692707 ( Eat Static )

Cool! I've got my excited hat on now :)

Eat Static is one of my favorit bands of all time.

I have almost all of there albums execpt their new ones.

They have been a huge infuence on me and I would recommend them to anyone.

I just wish there were more like them.

Hello Tatsu the Abduction , Implant and Epsylon albums are in the same direction ....... The original Bony Incus track is more Acid tech trance that Goa ..... anyway a like the remix of mwnn.... :ph34r:

Oh I don't mind Acid tech or trance, don't worry! :) And I don't think the MWNN is that bad, it's just not as outstanding like the Eat Static tracks on the Implant album so I was a bit dissapointed. But in general I like MWNN's stuff a lot. Gonna check out the Abduction and Epsylun albums if I can.

Oh I don't mind Acid tech or trance, don't worry! :) And I don't think the MWNN is that bad, it's just not as outstanding like the Eat Static tracks on the Implant album so I was a bit dissapointed. But in general I like MWNN's stuff a lot. Gonna check out the Abduction and Epsylun albums if I can.

Implant is clasic album !! for a collectors of psychedelic music!!

It is the Link for download the orginal track of Bony Incus !! enjoy it! :

http://download.yousendit.com/AEACBDEB330DA74F

Implant is clasic album !! for a collectors of psychedelic music!!

It is the Link for download the orginal track of Bony Incus !! enjoy it! :

http://download.yousendit.com/AEACBDEB330DA74F

implant - great

abduction - great

prepare your spirit - great

onlt i have these

implant - great

abduction - great

prepare your spirit - great

onlt i have these

These are my favourites but I also have B-World, Science of the Gods & Crash & Burn which are all nice too!

Some excellent compilation tracks.

Check out the 1st track on Dissolving Clouds. Eat Static - UFO Over Trenchtown ;)