Eat Static...

NEMO.BOFH

what? i posted reply less than minute after i read your question, wasnt there ASA you posted it tho :D

now show me some respect, ive got inanna vinyl :lol:

bah, you gotta earn your respect :D Good boy reger, im proud of you! Now, spin around, play dead and fetch! :D:lol:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suckre :lol:!

to be honest, i find their sound in abduction, epsylon, implant and alien ep's CD's too "beggining of the nineties", very old atm <_<

its a unique and weird sound for me. IMO noone has ever sounded like them. I am actually discussing it on MSN as well with my dear Babsi, and I just said to her that its a love or hate thing.... its not an inbetween artists. Or what do you think? :)

its a unique and weird sound for me. IMO noone has ever sounded like them. I am actually discussing it on MSN as well with my dear Babsi, and I just said to her that its a love or hate thing.... its not an inbetween artists. Or what do you think? :)

with "inbetween artists" you mean like that there is no match for them, their style and approach?

well, so far only track that i like is area 51, thats about it, could be name too tho :D

will check the rest and report :D

with "inbetween artists" you mean like that there is no match for them, their style and approach?

well, so far only track that i like is area 51, thats about it, could be name too tho :D

will check the rest and report :D

No, what I mean, is that you can not "like" eat static... they are not a group that you kind of just listen to, because they sound a little bit nice. What I am trying to say, its a love or hate band... I have so many friends that totally love Eat Static, but on the other hand, I have a lot of other friends that really hate them. I mean like this, Bob Dylan makes nice music.... plain, good lyrics, some tracks are better than the others, and so on.... Eat Static has a unique style and a unique way of making their sounds.. shit, its really hard to explain this one hahaha :) I just fucking love their music :)

No, what I mean, is that you can not "like" eat static... they are not a group that you kind of just listen to, because they sound a little bit nice. What I am trying to say, its a love or hate band... I have so many friends that totally love Eat Static, but on the other hand, I have a lot of other friends that really hate them. I mean like this, Bob Dylan makes nice music.... plain, good lyrics, some tracks are better than the others, and so on.... Eat Static has a unique style and a unique way of making their sounds.. shit, its really hard to explain this one hahaha :) I just fucking love their music :)

i understand what you mean.

but i dont like nor hate them.

Yeah ! Big Respect to Eat Static ! They are really among the ones that are here since the beginnings of trance and are still around, developing their sound, playing with it, experimenting, they did it all, from goa and psychedelic over ambient and chill to experimental and breakbeat. Yes, they are ultimately insane and for sure an alien entities trapped in human bodies. I also don't like all of their music and their recent approach to more experimental realms excluded the mysticism they were developing from the very start and their amazing ABDUCTION and IMPLANT albums. I also like some of their stuff which they made as OZRIC TENTACLES. They are trippy indeed.

Science Of The Gods is by far one of my most favorite albums of all time in the electronic field of music and one of the few cds I've ever had to buy a second because I wore the original out. I don't always get into everything they have released, but I can readily see that even the stuff I don't like so much is still good.

Another thing I really like about them is that they aren't afraid to release damn near anything under the "Eat Static" name. It really irks me sometimes when artists feel the need to change their name for any tiny stylistic change of vaguely different side project regardless of how small the said change is. I wish more artists were willing to show some depth and experimentation under their "proper" artist name. I'm probably wrong, but all this hair splitting just doesn't seem good for the scene both in terms of open minded-ness and in terms of marketing. But I digress...... Eat Static kicks ass

Science Of The Gods is by far one of my most favorite albums of all time in the electronic field of music and one of the few cds I've ever had to buy a second because I wore the original out. I don't always get into everything they have released, but I can readily see that even the stuff I don't like so much is still good.

Another thing I really like about them is that they aren't afraid to release damn near anything under the "Eat Static" name. It really irks me sometimes when artists feel the need to change their name for any tiny stylistic change of vaguely different side project regardless of how small the said change is. I wish more artists were willing to show some depth and experimentation under their "proper" artist name. I'm probably wrong, but all this hair splitting just doesn't seem good for the scene both in terms of open minded-ness and in terms of marketing. But I digress...... Eat Static kicks ass

but but but.... even if they make such a diffrent album such as science of the gods, they still sound like eat static... they have this sound, that you cant miss. its fresh, its new, its innovative, but it has a trademark.... :) People are talking about PsyBreaks.... well, they would have made a great psybreak band if they were just consistant... but they are not... and I love it :)

my first psy purchase was Abduction. My first psy-exposure was the video for Interceptor on MTV late at night. So yeah, Eat Static FOREVER!!

I prove you wrong :P

I love some Eat Static tracks ... but some others I don't get at all :huh:

suckre :lol: !

to be honest, i find their sound in abduction, epsylon, implant and alien ep's CD's too "beggining of the nineties", very old atm <_<

Since when that's a disadvantage?

I mean, those old records (Koxbox' Forever After, Doof's Let's Turn On etc.) sound so much more alive & organic than most of today's clinical, over polished, "32-bit floating point mixing engine" crap... IMO :)

Thanks to Nemo I finally dug out the Eat Static album (Implant btw) I've found for cheap at a used record store some months ago. I'm giving it the first real listen right now and I have to say so far it's really fantastic music. Highly psychedelic, very varied and also very spacey and trippy. This is allready on my "have to listen to it when tripping next time"-list. Haven't heard that many tracks by Eat Static before and it seems I'm really missing somethign important... Gonna have my eyes open for their other releases. And funny enough I didn't know that Ozric Tentacles are the same (or at least some of the same) guys as Eat Static. Very interesting... Besides the music the coverart is also very nice.

I mean, those old records (Koxbox' Forever After, Doof's Let's Turn On etc.) sound so much more alive & organic than most of today's clinical, over polished, "32-bit floating point mixing engine" crap... IMO :)

Hehe. Some people (not reger btw) go on and on about how much better music used to be and then turn round and slag it off for being dated? :huh:

you dont get it.

i dont hear those signs of "old" in koxbox or doof, what im talking about is - listen to eat static, it have this taste of little bit of simplicity and 90s "rave" music - just like popular dance music of beggining of nineties, and thats OLD. too usual.