Eat Static...

NEMO.BOFH

Eat Static for me is the most fantastic artist out there. I have absolutely loved all their work from a to z. No other artist has really done that for me. Their sounds, their structure, is for me the most intelligent, most screwed up, most insane that I have ever heard. If it is ONE artist that has inspired me ever, when it comes to PSY trance, then it is Eat Static.

I would give anything to spend one day (or more) with them, to find out what their secrets are... which synths do they use, where do they get their screwed up samples from? what are they eating in the studio to get such screwed up sounds?! Are they ALIENS?! I bet they fucking are! They are sent to us to show us about the outer realms of static!

So, all of you:

EAT STATIC!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! They are the Simon Posford in your RADIcal world.

Nah, I dont listen to them that much at the moment. Im not a fanatic, i just admire them very much. There are many people that make as good as or better music than them... but they really AMAZE me with what they have achieved :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Indeed, Nemo, you're right, maybe eat static deserves a bigger attention. I love their musical and almost "scientific" work me too, and their particular style which is really something unique. Difficult to classify this project in only one genre/category IMO, because they produced sometimes tracks really different each others by the past.

The "Implant" album is awesome. "Almost human " remains one of my top favourite tracks ever, I can listen it x100 times in a row without to get bored, it's a real lovely and deep piece, alongside with "habibeep" and "uforic undulance". :)

Respect to those pionneers! ;)

Yeah Eat Static indeed.

Their live show has set my standards of good performance to a whole another level. They truly can make people go nuts on the dancefloor. :)

From the albums I like "Alien Artifacts", "Alien EPs" and "Adbuction" the most. Melodic, intelligent and u-f-o at the same time!

Hell yeah, Eat Static rules... I haven't got as much of their music as I'd like, but I'm slowly getting there. Just ordered a bunch of CDMs. Should arrive shortly. What's extra great is that their output never seems to decrease in quality. The TIP.World comp. tracks + the Koxbox collaboration tracks from 2006 are fucking stellar! :P

:D also i hate the guy who disable the ignore functionality...maybe it's time to stop visit the forum...will c.

sorry for the OT.

Im sorry Rezwalker, but the only person that is disabling your ignore list is YOU. NONE of the mods can disable it, ONLY admins could do that. I have no intresst in doing that nor does INSA (Which hassnt even been logged onto the admin here tonight). So, stop being such a child and accusing us of things OK?! Normally I would take this up in a PM, but you have driven me to the point where I can no longer ignore it.

IF you want to stop visiting the forum, I will gladly remove your account! Whats it going to be?!

Guest Rezwalker

Im sorry Rezwalker, but the only person that is disabling your ignore list is YOU. NONE of the mods can disable it, ONLY admins could do that. I have no intresst in doing that nor does INSA (Which hassnt even been logged onto the admin here tonight). So, stop being such a child and accusing us of things OK?! Normally I would take this up in a PM, but you have driven me to the point where I can no longer ignore it.

IF you want to stop visiting the forum, I will gladly remove your account! Whats it going to be?!

i was meant in case that indeed someone has disable it..don't take it personal! that's why i wrote "wiil c"..but i can understand why u are so upset with me..no worries. as for yr kind word about "child"..i think child is someone who sends warning to some user and he takes the warning back.

i also don't like their tracks very much.

i have to point out that they have that spacey,mature and 'serious' psy approach in their tracks but it's just that their tracks don't touch me enough.

i also want to add that their project (with other members ) ozric tentacles is the peak of psy-rock and generally massively provoking.

the ozric discography is indeed top notch!

Eat Static...

I can't describe what I feel for those guys.

On the one side I love Eat Static, some of their tracks are incredible. But others are not, I don't get some of their tracks (it's geting better though, but still...) and seen from that side Eat Static are really not special to me :huh:

Can't describe it better - I love them on one side, but on another side I don't get their music at all...

Don't have this with any other artist.

I love eat static! Almost all there stuff has amazed me. One of the first artists I ever saw live & they were spot on. Bought the cassette of Prepare your Spirit at that live. Amazing tracks on that album. They do great chill to, UFO over trenchtown was spot on!