SH-101

I assume a lot of you enjoy the sound of an SH-101, it's pretty cool isn't it?

But I just found out that Roland has been fucking with us all the time ...

Watch this :

Posted Image

You don't see it? Take a closer look ...

Roland tried to convince us that it was cool and hip to wear the synth with a guitar strap, but in fact ... the synth spells LOL-HS when it's worn like that.

So when playing it like that, you're pretty LOL.

I think he looks pretty retarded. It's like he's completely empty, so I don't think there's much for him to express even though he now has the freedom to do so. I mean doesn't it look like he's trying to take a chord?! Only a somewhat retarded person would do that on a monophonic synth...

Edit:

Btw, I got the modulation grip too for my sh-101. I think it's a little cool to have though I really doubt I'll ever use it (and certainly not now that I'm afraid I'd appear just as retarded as this guy)

Man, I was going to purchase one with the modgrip just so I could stand up and look cool, fuck. now you'll laugh at me :~( oh well. maybe i'll just hide a 2x4 behind the modgrip that way when you laugh, i beat you guys bloody heeeeeheeeee. that picture is funny though ;)

-d

I mean doesn't it look like he's trying to take a chord?! Only a somewhat retarded person would do that on a monophonic synth...

Check the position of his thumb... he's playing a scale. Only a somewhat retarded person would play every note of a riff with the same finger...

Check the position of his thumb... he's playing a scale. Only a somewhat retarded person would play every note of a riff with the same finger...

Yeah well, I guess you're right, it just looked like a chord at first glance. Maybe he isn't that stupid after all. His eyes looks a bit stoned though, so mebbe he's high..

Enough about him. SH-101 is a great synth

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah well, I guess you're right, it just looked like a chord at first glance. Maybe he isn't that stupid after all. His eyes looks a bit stoned though, so mebbe he's high..

Enough about him. SH-101 is a great synth

:rolleyes: And even if it is a chord SH-101 can play them as an arpeggio (up, down or up & down).

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I take it back; I can't find the scale that makes that hand-position necessary.

If it is indeed a scale it's C Major. ;)

Edit: No, I'm wrong. You're right, Colin, there really is no scale where the thumb and forefinger go like that. It would be the thumb and the pinkie finger, wouldn't it?

If it is indeed a scale it's C Major. ;)

Edit: No, I'm wrong. You're right, Colin, there really is no scale where the thumb and forefinger go like that. It would be the thumb and the pinkie finger, wouldn't it?

It would be thumb and middle or 4th finger, with a few exceptions for scales with a lot of black notes. :)

It would be thumb and middle or 4th finger, with a few exceptions for scales with a lot of black notes. :)

I was taught to play the first five notes with the five fingers starting with the thumb, then cross under the pinkie with the thumb to play the sixth note, then forefinger and middle-finger to complete the ascending scale. Descending, the same in reverse.

I was taught to play the first five notes with the five fingers starting with the thumb, then cross under the pinkie with the thumb to play the sixth note, then forefinger and middle-finger to complete the ascending scale. Descending, the same in reverse.

Try this: (thumb = 1, pinkie = 5)

One octave - up: 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 5 down 5 4 3 2 1 3 2 1 --- cross under after/with the third finger

More than one octave - up: 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 1 etc. down 5 4 3 2 1 3 2 1 4 3 2 1 3 2 1 etc. --- alternate crossing with 3rd and 4th fingers.