A break from psytrance

Stalker

Ok, so this is a track of an idea I had for a long time but never really got into, untill today

The idea is to blend some of the psytrance techy aspects with a breakbeat base

I think in fact, it is so breaks, but so breaks that is actually broken

This is what turned out to be

Tell me your thoughts

Edit new link: http://download.yousendit.com/8BA24EA311B740C2

Again, very cool, Stalker. :)

I like the biomechanoid aesthetic here, and how you keep it dark and muscular but with some stabs of melodic, sensitive elements. I especially like how it builds before the break. Again I find myself lacking something more after the break, perhaps some grit in the low end to complement the bassline, but that's about the only cricism I have. Cool sounds, unique personality, and some nice development on your part. Great to see you making music again! :)

Again, very cool, Stalker. :)

I like the biomechanoid aesthetic here, and how you keep it dark and muscular but with some stabs of melodic, sensitive elements. I especially like how it builds before the break. Again I find myself lacking something more after the break, perhaps some grit in the low end to complement the bassline, but that's about the only cricism I have. Cool sounds, unique personality, and some nice development on your part. Great to see you making music again! :)

and again thanks for that :)

This was all very simple, intuitive track. Sequenced it all in a few hours

Noticed the remark about the second part, maybe its my minimalistic side, but if try to build something with even more, hmmmm lets say "character", then it oftenly looses its sense to me

Something I have to work on

oh and yes, it feels great to make music again :)

I'm personally biased towards having some additional action in the latter part of a track, especially if it's the traditional sort of dance stuff like we make (with beats and progressions). Every story should, I feel, have an interesting and more or less dramatic conclusion.

Keep it comin'! :D

I'm personally biased towards having some additional action in the latter part of a track, especially if it's the traditional sort of dance stuff like we make (with beats and progressions). Every story should, I feel, have an interesting and more or less dramatic conclusion.

Good point :)

That's damn good!

I want to hear more.

I've been waiting for years for a psy & breakbeat (or IDM) mixed genre.

This one is going on a CD, right into my stereo. ;)

keep em coming!

You want to lsiten to some of my experiments?

I'm trying to do the same thing.

It's more IDM then psy though.

And all of them are unfinished tracks.

link 1

link 2

this is amazing good,

I like it more then a lot considering the 'goal' you have in mind...

make it more intillgent, variated, keep it subtle as it is, a continue of psychedelic, no always heading up for the climax but just being there...

I hope you'll make it instead of saying keep up the good work...

would like a full album of that...

Wow, quite surprised by those words :)

Thanks for listening

And sideffect I see what you mean, maybe another version? Re-arrange part of the structure or something. I usually do that with some. Maybe I could do it :)

@Daniel

Thanks for sending those links as well. I particularly liked more the 2 (Rebirth) one. Loved the atmosphere there

I'm also very interested in the concept of blending IDM rythms and ideas with psytrance like you :)

As other genres of eletronic music too at least those that matchs well :ph34r:

I will certainly do more of that. Will let you guys know about it

But anyways

Really glad you guys enjoyed

Wow, Stalker, this is cool! This sounds like a soundtrack to a dark futuristic film. Really amazing sounds embedded within each musical sentence. I'm happy that you're enjoying music making once more. Excellent work, man :) I'm looking forward to where your genre blending takes you :)

Wow, Stalker, this is cool! This sounds like a soundtrack to a dark futuristic film. Really amazing sounds embedded within each musical sentence. I'm happy that you're enjoying music making once more. Excellent work, man :) I'm looking forward to where your genre blending takes you :)

Thanks Symph :)

Glad you liked