• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to write this.

It's true though isn't it?

For example I recently bought

Posted Image

and I'm completely blown away by how good it is! This I think is going to get heavy rotation in my CD player as does Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home & the Far East Technology comp.

People saying 0/5 I have to think have not heard these CDs

2006 has had quite a few great, great releases... I'm very positive about the future of the genre, though obviously the output is MUCH bigger now than 10 years ago... So yeah, it requires some more digging to find the good stuff. But it's there... Most definitely! ;)

:blink: I'm not exactly an expert,I've still a lot of goups to discover.

Anyway, i voted 1,5/5 and my reason is one and only one :

GIMME BACK 303 !!!

:ph34r:

im sorry that I stol0red it, I will give it back when my album is finished, I promise! :lol:

0/5

Trance is dead, dead but (sadly) not buried.

How can you say this? there should be new psytrance, man, i want new great moments whree we are tripping and dreaming because of some good new hallucinogen music, or maybe some new oldschool astral projection or mfg, but that doesn´t gonna happen, a new hallucinogen album might (hopefully) come out the next time.

How can you say this? there should be new psytrance, man, i want new great moments whree we are tripping and dreaming because of some good new hallucinogen music, or maybe some new oldschool astral projection or mfg, but that doesn´t gonna happen, a new hallucinogen album might (hopefully) come out the next time.

I can say it because I believe it. Even if Posford finally releases the third Hallucinogen album and even if it's his best work yet - it won't be enough to resurrect psy trance. As far as I'm concerned it's a dead duck lying face down in the water. 95% of the new stuff I hear is so incredibly tired and boring it amazes me that record companies think it worthy of releasing.

I can say it because I believe it. Even if Posford finally releases the third Hallucinogen album and even if it's his best work yet - it won't be enough to resurrect psy trance. As far as I'm concerned it's a dead duck lying face down in the water. 95% of the new stuff I hear is so incredibly tired and boring it amazes me that record companies think it worthy of releasing.

that´s true but it will again be psychedelic madness to listen to it, if it will be good, the third hallucinogen album.

To each their own, man. I hope you are at least still enjoying your old favorites. Heck, some people listen only to music from The Beatles, from decades ago.

To each their own, man. I hope you are at least still enjoying your old favorites. Heck, some people listen only to music from The Beatles, from decades ago.

Yeah, I still play some of the older stuff and sometimes it sounds every bit as good as when I first played it.

Guest Rezwalker

0-2.5 =34 votes

3-5= 34 votes

i'm sure the votes from 1st category are from ages 16-23 :P

imo almost noone trancer from 24+ can rate for nowdays trance up to 1. the reason is well known. well there are always some few exceptions.

0-2.5 =34 votes

3-5= 34 votes

imo almost noone trancer from 24+ can rate for nowdays trance up to 1. the reason is well known. well there are always some few exceptions.

The Stephen Hawking of Psytrance has spoken!

0-2.5 =34 votes

3-5= 34 votes

I'm 24 and I rate it 4.5

OWNED!

Hmmm..

When you (all of you) say its good/bad, are you reffering to todays psytrance in relation with the older days?(90-99)

The "todays" in the title question should mean just that,but I am wondering if many are not rating todays psytrance without comparing it to the past.

If we take todays psytrance,without comparing it to what was before it,we could say that its ok music,good for raving on it once in a while....not that the vast majority of it is psychedelic in the true meaning of the world,its more "energedic" ;)

But if we (well at least I) even dare to compare it to its ancestors,we get a "WTF went wrong? :blink: " result....

You see,if there were only a few bad releases in those days there are only a few good releases these days...the places have reversed!

And I cant keep my self wondering "WHY?".... We had all the possibilities of a superb evolution of the genre (technological super-leaps forward, solid bases to draw inspiration from,etc etc) but it ended in a shipwreck.... what caused it? money? fame? the expanding of the scene??? maybe we should have been even more elitist,and none of this would have happen?? but maybe then I wouldnt even be posting in this forum? ;)

Maybe we can blame it on the frenzy of coke and speed the replaced the good ol' mind expanders? ;)

I dont bother anymore with psy...I have my old gems,that I give a spin occasionally,so I dont forget what its all about and thats about it.... turning my self to more experimental soundscapes.....