Neo-trance is born?

Dajek

microhouse, minimal, neo-trance.. I wouldn't care how people call it. For some people that kind of tracks are very trancy or psychedelic.. they might call it neo-trance... microhouse I don't know what to say about tbh :unsure: , and well minimal.. so many things are called "minimal" today, from Steve Reich to Paul Kalkbrenner and backwards?

pigeonholing :)

I wonder if Minilogue qualifies.

Yes, why not, well if we really HAVE to put them in a certain genre that is :)

At a first listen I'm sure many people think the new Minilogue stuff is 'minimal'. I can understand that, but on the other hand there's something trancy about their tracks, so you could say Minilogue is trance music, in some way. Also I think they're quite innovative, so why not call their music 'progressive' or something. Progressive minimalish trance? or just Neo-trance..

This is exactly the reason why I can barely explain to people what kind of music I like. There's so many subgenres, which sometimes get several different names given to them, and there's plenty of producers who don't fit into one of these genres or perhaps fit in multiple subgenres at the same time..

I just tend to go for "electronic music" <_<

I just tend to go for "electronic music" <_<

this is also why I get so misunderstood when I talk about music... I call it trance and electronic music (sometimes even just electronica).

I mean, today, people talk about progressive, but it sounds just weird when I listen to it. So I think to myself "Ok, this is progressive, and Son Kite is progressive... where is the link?!"

Genres are so confusing :(

this is also why I get so misunderstood when I talk about music... I call it trance and electronic music (sometimes even just electronica).

I mean, today, people talk about progressive, but it sounds just weird when I listen to it. So I think to myself "Ok, this is progressive, and Son Kite is progressive... where is the link?!"

Genres are so confusing :(

confusing, but you still need them.

you can call everything music, but otherwise mozart, squarepusher and astrix would all be the same. :)

confusing, but you still need them.

you can call everything music, but otherwise mozart, squarepusher and astrix would all be the same. :)

cant we just say Mozart, Squarepusher and Astrix?! :D

bäh, why mention ASSTRIX with those other 2 great componers... it's disgusting! ;)