Live

Me n some of my rich friends are planning to start live play next year :D . we want to buy equipments in jan. all they are djs but new to production n live. n i don have much knowledge about MIDI Controllers. i should find out the right MIDI keyboard great for live. there are lots of people here can help me on this :) .

so please help me to choos the right one with lots of knobs n best for live :)

n also i want to know about best setup for live. if u can tell me what are all the things should be used for live it will be a great help :)

tnank u

That is great bro :) how much it costs. n which is that decent midi keyboard.??

140€ i think

you find cheap ones at ebay though :)

its great tool, you have 32 presets of 32 encoders and all those buttons, enough for every synth and your host controlls

decent keyboard.. dunno, dont have a decent one, but read a few reviews and u know

peace

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?s=...st&p=657549

You can use both the Keyboard version and the ZERO (Same but without keyboard) on the same PC. I think you can use up to 4 units or something, as long as you have USB slots enough for it :)

Yeah, novation is probably my next buy :)

I think I would go for the Remote 49

By the way nemo, do you know about the quality and price value of novation synths?

The X station61 for example

Is it really worth a match with the others famous like korg, nord, yamaha and Virus?

Looks tasty

Posted Image

first of all, learn to write music and don't be "new at production" before you go performing live.

when you know some stuff it'll be easier to understand what you need for a live performance and how to use it.

anyway, if i were to buy gear for a live i'd get myself this:

a core 2 duo laptop with a small screen (big is heavy and takes a lot of space)

a real mouse to connect to the laptop - i hate those pads lol

ableton live

motu traveller audio i/o

real synth - virus ti/ nl3

soundcraft fx16 mixer

midi controller - either emu or novation - they both rock

good headphones (maybe those shure monitoring headphones)

that's about it i think?

Yeah, novation is probably my next buy :)

I think I would go for the Remote 49

By the way nemo, do you know about the quality and price value of novation synths?

The X station61 for example

Is it really worth a match with the others famous like korg, nord, yamaha and Virus?

Looks tasty

Posted Image

I have good experience with the bass station :)

doing live is sometimes very frustrating and difficult, you have to be experienced, otherwise it's just bad for you and bad for the crowd...

i can tell you some of our experiences and a few hints that usually do good...

1. practice!!!! at home a lot! so you have the things in your fingers. that doesn't mean learn the songs. just practice so when you go to stage it won't sound like you are just figureing out how things work.

2. always double check before you go away from home or studio if you have all the cables etc. with you.

3. always bring everything you need for it yourself. don't rely on the organizer who says everything will be there. some things will be definitely missing. It's the best to have your own mixer, cables, connectors etc... also ALWAYS ask the organizer to bring a big table so you can comfortably put your stuff on it.

4. bring power splitters too (what you plug into the 220 or 110 whatever... Volts, to get many plugs out of one).

wish you good luck!

first of all, learn to write music and don't be "new at production" before you go performing live.

when you know some stuff it'll be easier to understand what you need for a live performance and how to use it.

anyway, if i were to buy gear for a live i'd get myself this:

a core 2 duo laptop with a small screen (big is heavy and takes a lot of space)

a real mouse to connect to the laptop - i hate those pads lol

ableton live

motu traveller audio i/o

real synth - virus ti/ nl3

soundcraft fx16 mixer

midi controller - either emu or novation - they both rock

good headphones (maybe those shure monitoring headphones)

that's about it i think?

dude iam not new to production. :D . n in the team we have one guy who can play drums,keyboard n guitar B) . n two are experiensed djs . so i fill be giving effects while other guy is playing leads. the music wont be totally psy it will be something like for ex: Return of the shankar :D .so we will include tabla n some indian instruments also.some thing like THIS(video). already have 3 laptops.

a real synt is must???

how about M audio firewire?

thanks for the great help :)

doing live is sometimes very frustrating and difficult, you have to be experienced, otherwise it's just bad for you and bad for the crowd...

i can tell you some of our experiences and a few hints that usually do good...

1. practice!!!! at home a lot! so you have the things in your fingers. that doesn't mean learn the songs. just practice so when you go to stage it won't sound like you are just figureing out how things work.

2. always double check before you go away from home or studio if you have all the cables etc. with you.

3. always bring everything you need for it yourself. don't rely on the organizer who says everything will be there. some things will be definitely missing. It's the best to have your own mixer, cables, connectors etc... also ALWAYS ask the organizer to bring a big table so you can comfortably put your stuff on it.

4. bring power splitters too (what you plug into the 220 or 110 whatever... Volts, to get many plugs out of one).

wish you good luck!

ohhh great advise from u :) . very useful tips. i should post this on my studio wall to remember it everyday :D

thanks bro

i just bought the edirol pcrm30 midi controller and i must say it is simply awweeesome....i have a party comin up 4 new year, gonna be playin a live set too...practiced all i could and i'm all set...n i feel this 1 is gonna do gr8...cheers!! ;)...and btw, i also have an hp laptop running an intel centrino...

dude iam not new to production. :D . n in the team we have one guy who can play drums,keyboard n guitar B) . n two are experiensed djs . so i fill be giving effects while other guy is playing leads. the music wont be totally psy it will be something like for ex: Return of the shankar :D .so we will include tabla n some indian instruments also.some thing like THIS(video). already have 3 laptops.

a real synt is must???

how about M audio firewire?

thanks for the great help :)

a real synth is nice if you wanna play with 0 latency without putting load on the vst host and without interfering with the midi controller. if you're not going to play, then u dont need it. :P

m audio firewire is widely used by just about every live acts, if you want names to be specific - vibrasphere, triac, and some more. but it is also known to suck. bugs and stuff. they use it because it's cheap and if it gets fucked up in travelling the damage isn't that big. but assuming that what you get for a single live act usually covers the price of the m audio, i think you can afford something a bit better.

btw if you're looking for effects try the korg kaosspad. it rocks.

nemo bro i will buy two remots is it ok?

if you get 2 remotes, you will most likely have a lot of control. I am going to get myself the ZERO as well, as I want more control than I already have, and live I think its going to be an asset for me.

Currently Cubase, Pro Tools, Sonar, Reason, Ableton and Logic are automap, and they constantly update the automaps :) I think its good if you buy the keyboard version to start with, and play around with it and get a feel. When you get a hang of it, you buy the ZERO or another keyboard, depending on what you want to do (I do however not see a reason to have 2 keyboard versions) :)

if you get 2 remotes, you will most likely have a lot of control. I am going to get myself the ZERO as well, as I want more control than I already have, and live I think its going to be an asset for me.

Currently Cubase, Pro Tools, Sonar, Reason, Ableton and Logic are automap, and they constantly update the automaps :) I think its good if you buy the keyboard version to start with, and play around with it and get a feel. When you get a hang of it, you buy the ZERO or another keyboard, depending on what you want to do (I do however not see a reason to have 2 keyboard versions) :)

thanx for the info :)

61 kyes is expensive is 25 key enough or 37. is it risky to press a switch n jump to the upper octaves <_<

i played with the emu xboard 61 a few days ago. omfg it rocks?!?!?!?!

i want one. the aftertouch thingy is really cool. build quality also good and features. all this for half the price of a novation :P

it made the nl3 feel like a toy..