Posted Image

Label: Organic Records (UK)

Catalog Number: ORGCD012

Format: CD

Released: 2006

Style: Psychedelic Dance Music / Trance

Credits: Artwork By - Vladimir Kush

Engineer: Colin Bennun

Mastered By: Colin Bennun (tracks: 7) , Duncan Morrison (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 13)

Mixed By: O.O.O.D.

Producer, Written By: O.O.O.D.

Get it here (And listen to Samples) here:

SaikoSounds

PsyShop

Tracklist:

1 Welcome (0:27)

2 Free Range (9:17)

3 Smoke A Lot (Ricochet Mix) (8:42)

Guitar - Stephen Callaghan*

4 The Humming (8:23)

5 Solar Way (7:37)

Vocals - Claire Champion , Sophie Lamb , Yasuko Potier

6 ... But Handy! (0:16)

7 Oh My (Good Golly Me) (8:09)

8 Marijuajuana (8:09)

9 Rock My Soul (Joker vs. Operator Mix) (9:08)

10 Blue Seal (8:58)

11 It Isn't Just You... (0:55)

12 Eye Of The Beholder (8:26)

Producer, Engineer - Ott

13 We Love You (0:53)

Written By, Performer - Claire Champion , Yasuko Potier

That’s right O.O.O.D has just released an Album called Free Range on Organic Records, about 3 weeks ago.

Where I come from, I wasn’t really impressed with the Voice Of Cod album at first, and had to give a lot of listens before I really got into it. Now however, it is one of my favorite albums (How things can change eh?).

So, with this in my mind, I was pretty skeptic, but yet very excited about the release, as I have been a major fan of O.O.O.D since their release on Cabbaged Records (CLICKY)

Then, the big day, I have it! So, I turn on the mixer, Turn on my Genelec monitors, and put the music on….. From here, I have to go through the tracks. I will however skip the “Intro Tracks” as they are a cool supplement that doesn’t need reviewing (IMO).

Free Range

Okey, this track starts of with a really funky guitar riff that, and it makes you think “where the hell is this going?!”, and that’s good, because youre in for a treat! The loop gets faster, and BANG, the track starts! Again, I was baffled at the intro to the track leading to what it lead to (Didn’t see that one coming haha). The bassline is kind of Full On’ish, but it doesn’t matter, it is what it is building up to that matters here.

At this point, let me add that I am not a very big fan of Electric guitar riffs in tracks, and I think SUN Project and the likes really destroyed that for me! However, for this track, it really fits, as it doesn’t get over the top with it.

The track evolves into something that I would call good psychedelic trance/dance music. Nice gated Choirs, and a super sleek lead evolve, and track goes on building.

At this point, I am pretty convinced already that I am going to like the rest, but I still have that weird feeling about the record!

Smoke a Lot

This track again begins with something that wont give you any hint whatsoever what the track is going to end like. A very nice dub! The 4/4 Bassdrum gets added, the dubloop goes away, and ahhh there, the bassline. Again, it’s a pretty fullon’ish bassline, but not your conventional full on one!

So the track is evolving slowly, some samples, and the dub comes back, and it all sounds very like this track could be remixed and made a dub chill track by OTT one day!

Now, the track doesn’t stay dub though after the break, it goes into some mad acidlike line, the sound on my system sounds so crisp and fresh, and I was moving in my chair while listening to it, this track gets me going! Anymore spoilers I wont give away though, you'll have to listen to this masterpiece yourself!

The Humming

The next track starts very basic, just with a bassdrum, some gated pads, and an acidline that just mumbles in the background. Sounds pretty harmless, but yet, very promising… something is cooking here!

Right when I had that though, a bassline gets added to the track. Very unconventional bass line for being trance (the better, and all imo of course!).

This track is very techno! I would even go as far as calling this Techno, or TechTrance. Weird sounds and percussions get added as we go along. The DRIVE of the track though is FANTASTIC. Don’t be fooled though, there are many more things happening to this track as it builds!

Break time… Nice paddy breakdown here. There is very little to the break at first, but then it builds, and the filtered bass drum comes back. The drive of the track is evolving now, and a chopped up voice sample seems to become the main theme of the track, and a very subtle acid line is mumbling as well. Its like the witches kettle that just boils and boils, waiting to explode…. The track really gets to me, as I love techie sounds (especially from the older days) and this is pretty spot on to my taste! The buildup however doesn’t promise you too much, as it really reaches climax towards the end!

Solar Sway

Another Techie Track? Stay tuned! The Intro is basically beats, samples… in general a very nice way of building up a track. Bassline, pads and Percussion become one! Lets add some Gated Choirs to that as well, and we have ourselves a trance going! So, no techie here, no sir! This reminds me a lot of old school trance, but with a nicer bassline and a pinch of Psychedelia added to it! As the previous tracks, this track is also a real builder! It gets more and more pleasant as you go, and I seemed to wander off in my thoughts for a while… I was in trance!

Here I am, not even halfway through the album, and I am totally surprised by the fresh sound, the innovation, the variation, the TRANCE!

Okey, lets move forward to Oh My (Oh, and the intro track there is very funny, no spoilers though, listen for yourself!

Oh My (Good Golly Me)

This sounds Techie again, Bassdrum, Hihats, a bassy sound coming in every now and then. Short break (Very) and Bang, Bass line and hard kicking bass drum! Very weird sounds in this track. The bass line not being a very standard one for being Trance either. Again, Kudos for this!

The main sample comes in at a very low pitch, which then gets pitched and pitched and pitched and pitched, suddenly break… ahhh I see the psychedelic side of the track! Without this sample, this track would have been pure Techno (And what a good Techno Track it would have been as well). Perfect mix of Techno and Trance here. The twisting of the voice sample is very funny, and fits very well!

Again, O.O.O.D really works on the Buildup of the track, which hasn’t failed so far this album! What I really love about this track is the monotone but yet driving bass line! (its simplicity at its best!)

Did we reach the middle yet?! Oh n0es, I need to slow this album down, I don’t want it to end… lets smoke some…

Marijuajuana

Prescriptions, and a Pack of Marihuana please?! All I can say, I want to be in the shop where he does all that shopping’s for just 2.15 (Listen to the track, and you will know what I am talking about here).

Whoever claims that O.O.O.D don’t have humor, is totally wrong! I mean, I was thinking that now the rest of the album would follow the same theme, but here we got one hell of a change in Style. A very funky slap bass is the main drive of this track. Add the samples that they have used, and you have the perfect... haha I don’t have a genre for this track. Can I call it Funky Comedy Trance?!

This track is very hard to describe, it has to be heard! Funk to the max though.

Batman anyone? Well, if you can find out where the Wayne Manor is, O.O.O.D would like to know!

Rock My Soul (Joker vs. Operator Mix)

This track, really made me laugh out loud when I heard the intro. Its so brilliant! (big kudos for making me laugh!).

Not really, its not over yet! So Rock My Soul begins like a comedy, and it makes you wonder what the track really will lead you to. I now am convinced, that I can not predict O.O.O.D!

Again, very funky intro (I mean, if you can actually concentrate on the music, not the voice sample!) Oouuuuuhhhhh… bye! And here we hear the first track that seems to be at a bit slower pace. Very funky bass line here as well! Funky guitar samples, and super nice percussion! Some might think that this track is progressive, some might think that its psychedelic and some might even say that its just TRANCE. I am for all of them. This is a perfect example on how you can make a track sound very many styles at once, yet not let it sound cheesy!

The evolving bass line together with all the atmospheric and gated pads, make this a perfect roundup, and once again, totally nothing like any of the other tracks. (Damn, can it be more varied?!) Anyways, a perfect break down of the track, and the building up even trancier (and I was amazed how the track evolved after that intro haha)

Blue Seal

At this point of the CD, I really don’t want it to end, as it has overwhelmed me, so I thought I would pause it for a while. However, I couldn’t stop listening so just after 2 seconds, I was at it again!

Again here is a very nice sounding bass line. not at all your conventional sounding one. The sound of it, the way its programmed, everything is just pure funk. This track is similar to the previous one. Very atmospheric and very trancey! (Hang on a moment! I forgot to take my insuline because I am too much into listening! Haha) Right from the beginning of the track it sounds promising and let me tell you, it frikkin delivers, and keeps its promise.

Did we find a common ground on the album finally?! Was this as good as it gets? Well, lets listen to the final track of the album, which was co-produced with OTT. Now, when I saw that, I was actually thinking it was going to be down tempo… but oh was I wrong….

Eye Of The Beholder

It starts off like it could become a nice ambienty track, but then you get to hear the Bass line, and you think differently. This track is trance right at the start, and not just ANY trance! You can really hear that there is going to be a lot of happenings here. Perfectly engineered and very smart buildup here! The acid line that comes in, in the very beginning of the track sounds very promising.

Ohhh and the sampled woman’s (or a man’s?) voice just makes me think of old Eat Static. Percussion wise, its perfect as well, not too much, not too less, just perfect! (Geddit?!). The track as any trance track has a nice breakdown, which is very well placed. It just blops and blepps around, and then AeOhEhAh Twisted voice sample and Wham Bam into role again! This chopped, twisted voice sample is what makes the track greater than what it already was…..

However, emotionally, this track is almost impossible for me to describe (Except for that it gives me goose bumps every time I hear it haha), so you will have to hear this track for yourself. If you are going to listen to it at home however, make sure that you don’t get disturbed, it needs ATTENTION!

Right at the end of the track, it is so trancey, so atmospheric, that you just go nuts, and want be dancing on that dance floor at 9am, sweating, hallucinating, smiling, playing with the other dancers… fanhalufuckingtastic track!!

Here is where my first complaint about the album comes though. (After a gig in Bristol, I briefly talked to Colin, and he told me that my tracks were way too long) well here is one for you, THIS TRACK NEEDS TO BE LONGER!

So, roundup?! Well, there is nothing left to say, I am pretty much speechless at this moment, and I will have to let it sink for a while, and hope that I don’t kill the magic by listening to this CD until I get bored of it (Well, I doubt it will happen)

I will give extra kudos for the innovation, the variation, and really capturing Psychedelic trance in a very different way than any other artist has done in a very long time. Eat Static are the only ones that really have made me love an entire album completely… and now O.O.O.D made it as well!

11/10 (The extra point coming from my closing comments above)

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I am!

Nemo DX Zimmer

And that was my LAST message!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard this album yesterday, and its REALLY good. I dont even listen to psy anymore because its all generic crap. This isnt. I dont even know what style this is, but its very original and its great to listen to. I really love this album, and there are so many different styles here, it just oozes with originality and top quality production.

Colin. Please.....more of this mate. This album is amazing.

10/10. (For quality and originality)

(Edit: The message at the end of the CD is brilliant! I wish someone would leave me a message like that :( )

Ha! Well, yes, I'd just have to echo the sentiments expressed above. Absolute blinder! God knows what genre you'd stick this in, and frankly that is half the joy. Much like the VoC record from last year, this is excellent stuff. After a handful of listens so far, I'd say I prefer this. Currently blissing out to Eye Of The Beholder, which I can only describe as lush. And it's very funny too, which is nice, as lord knows plenty of folk take all this a little too seriously sometimes.

Nice work Colin et al, if I ever manage to meet up with you on a night out, I'll even buy you a pint! (high praise indeed)

O.O.O.D. – Free Range

Posted Image

Hi-res cover: front + back

Artist: O.O.O.D. (UK)

Title: Free Range

Format: CD (jewel case)

Label: Organic Records (UK)

Cat. #: ORGCD012CD

Distribution: Arabesque

Date: 17 November 2006

Track listing:

01. 02'27" Welcome

02. 09'17" Free Range

03. 08'42" Smoke A Lot (Ricochet Mix)

04. 08'23" The Humming

05. 07'37" Solar Sway

06. 00'16" …But Handy!

07. 08'09" Oh My (Good Golly Me)

08. 08'09" Marijuajuan

09. 09'08" Rock My Soul (Joker Vs. Operator Mix)

10. 08'58" Blue Seal

11. 00'55" It Isn't Just You…

12. 08'26" Eye Of The Beholder

13. 00'53" We Love You

.m3u-playlist: http://tinyurl.com/yyln46 (all tracks!)

Review:

O.O.O.O.H MY GOD!!1!

Now here's an album I've been eagerly awaiting ever since it was first released more than a year ago… As far back as I can remember I've been a big fan of the O.O.O.D./Unconscious Collective output – and I totally loved the Voice Of Cod album We Are Free released last year. That's right, I'm a fanboy and I'm so excited that I just can't hide it. I'm about to loose control and I think I like it… Errhm… *Blush*

The O.O.O.D. collective consists of UK nutters Stephen Callaghan, Ramsay Melhuish, Ryokan Potier & Colin Bennun. These guys are trance dinosaurs and as O.O.O.D. and Unconscious Collective they've released two wonderful albums + a ton of EPs and compilation tracks during the last 12 years… The line-up has changed over the years, but the central hippy-trance-easygoing dogma of the collective remains as strong as ever. This third album has been six years in the making which must be some kind of record… It's released by high-quality UK label Organic Records – so we know the platform is class A. …Anyway, let's get on with the fun part. The music:

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Welcome

The initial skit works as extended intro to the already familiar Free Range track… A witty piss-take setting it up what's about to unfold…

#02: Free Range

This track was released on the Organic Records compilation Invasion From Hyperspace in 2005. Here's a slightly rewritten recap of what I wrote about it back then: This track starts out with radio static, pop-chords and funky guitars… Not unlike groovy French filter house a la Kojak. And you'll probably wonder if you put on the right CD!? Soon after a particularly well-executed bassline hits your ears – alongside a buzzing synth-pad and some crackling percussion… I like the uplifting melodies, but generally I like my psy a little harder and with fewer guitars than this… But it's still a swell track and especially the last couple of minutes are nice…

#03: Smoke A Lot (Ricochet Mix)

"Everything going adequately? Very adequately sir, I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" As the title subtly suggests, this track is all about lighting up, taking a big puff and copping out… It starts as a laidback dubby choon covered in smoke, but before you know it the good old-fashioned trance kicks in for a while… But soon the lazy, hazy dub vibe is predominant again – only to be wrestled by the trance vibe once more… What a l33t crossover combo! Bursting with energy this track is cracking one stoned smile after another… "Why do you smoke marijuana? It's really very simple. I smoke it because I enjoy it. It doesn't worry you that you're breaking the law? Sure it worries me. I mean, it worries me because I don't want to get caught. I don't want to go to jail for something that I consider a pleasure and harmless to both society and myself. I'm not hurting anybody. I'm not hurting myself. Why should I be punished for it?" Extra points in my cool-book for the advanced synth exploration, the consequential quotes and the tiny icing-on-the-cake details such as the genious shotgun-click which is perfectly incorporated into the percussion. Yiiiiiiiha! This is simply wonderful!

#04: The Humming

"Those Freaking elves man, they just came out of the trees, man, they just came out of the trees!" This track was released by Revolver Magazine in the summer of 2006 as an early album teaser… We kick things in gear with a quote by Rice Krispie Guy from Family Guy… The twirling melodies are soon brutally interrupted by a banging technoid bassline and some proper psychedelic quirks and a happy acid ending… So yeah, this is the hardest, fastest track thus far galloping away at an incredible speed – though never loosing touch with reality… Some kind of unprecedented UK-version of psy-tekk without the usually boring, minimalist approach… That's right; this is full-on tech-trance with an acid twist! Wonderfully executed and destined to cause absolute havoc on the floors…. Ace!

#05: Solar Sway

"Four and one half billion years ago, the planets were formed in the gravitational collapse of a great cloud of swirling gas and dust. In that collapse the gravitational energy of this gas and dust falling inwards heated the planets as they formed. Jupiter and Saturn have not yet cooled off." Enter the space bass haze craze tranceoid fusion jazz bonanza! This is an easy-going hybrid track that fuses all kinds of elements from ethno downbeat, over old-school melodic trance to floating future jazz... Nice and lively… Not the biggest dance floor anthem, but a sleek transition tool and a tasty home listening treat… Simple in all its complexity.

#06: …But Handy!

Another short skit… Revealing the proper pronunciation of O.O.O.D. =)

#07: Oh My (Good Golly Me)

The next track continues the somewhat laidback style Solar Sway started… Don't get me wrong, this gets pretty fast eventually, but there's an overall chilled, relaxed vibe through this track… A subtle groover, a steady funk-bomb and a very pleasant trance back-burner… One third through the pace has quickened and more FX are added slowly, and we eventually end up with a lush, well-balanced mix of rich psytrance with immediate smile-qualities… Reminds me a great deal of Prometheus this one. Lovely!

#08: Marijuajuan

"Acquiring marijuana. There are four basic methods of acquiring marijuana: buying it, growing it, receiving it as a gift, and stealing it!" That's right – and this funky little number will take you thru all of them. It's the pot smokers bible put into funky chords. And by funk, I really mean funk – this is the quintessential oddball track of the album with a very distinct, hypnotizing filter house bassline running for entire length. Deep, filtered, groovy and totally housey… Packed to the rim with humorous weed samples and weird loops, cuts and breaks. Add an unsane splash of O.O.O.D. antics into the mix and you've got a winner. Something completely unique here – and it works like a charm. Puff, puff, giiiiiiiiive…

#09: Rock My Soul (Joker Vs. Operator Mix)

"What listing? Batman! Thank you; please wait while an operator looks… I'm sorry, what listing? Batman! Aha, is that Manhattan? Gotham City! Gotham City, where is that, which city? Manhattan! Oh, Manhattan. Batman! Residence! Residential – thank you. You have his first name? Bruce! […] Sorry, show no listing. How about just Batman? Errm, I don't have anything for just Batman. Nothing residential. He lives in a lair. Wayne Manor! Yeah you know, I don't have anything on Wayne Manor either sir. Batman? Yeah! Batman! I'm sorry! Batman! I guess, you know, he's not listed! I know. Yeah. I'll find him. Ok, well good luck. I'll track him down with all my hatred. Uh, ok, good luck with that. Bye! " Another fun-filled track here which starts with a funny prank call establishing that Batman is not listed… Well, that figures! Anyway, this is a real wide-spanning tune… Bouncy, twirly and full of life… The last couple of epic minutes are pure bliss. Audio orgasm! The feel good factor has gone thru the roof! The groove is still an important factor, but the familiar psy-trance elements play a bigger role now… We're still not in the 'dancefloor fire starter' category, but for sofa trancing this is as good as it gets. Exquisite!

#10: Blue Seal

And now it's time for some sample-free, straight-to-the-point, deeply focussed, advanced trance music… That's right; this one caters for the dancefloor. It slowly builds to a frenzy of epic proportions. The progression is simply jaw dropping and this is in essence a beautifully crafted, mesmerizing piece of enchanted trance music. Gorgeous hands-in-the-air stadium trance with rich psytrance influences … Eat this Tïesto!

#11: It Isn't Just You…

Another short skit. This time a mysterious, eerie one. Letting you catch your breath before the O.O.O.D. steam roller of trance hits you again.

#12: Eye Of The Beholder

And if you weren't already convinced… This one *will* blow you away! Remember the good old days when wholesome trance music swept you off your feet and catapulted you into other dimensions? Well, this track does that. This is, hands down, the best track here. The instant monster hit. The feel good choon of the year! An incredibly well-produced track made in cahoots with legendary Ott. It's absolutely packed to the rim, wall-to-wall maximal trance music… Soaked in huge melodies, entrenched in acid and absolutely drenched in one uplifting pad after another… Will have you dancing for days, sweating for weeks and smiling for years! Words don't really do it justice. In short, the opus magnum O.O.O.D. track post 2000 AD! Perfection!

#13: We Love You

"You have one message. We just wanted to say something. Ehh. Ok. We loooove youuuu! We're missing you. We love you. We're missing you. Ok, bye!" Awww… How sweet is this answering machine message? We love you too!

As you've probably guessed this is a fantastic album… I'll tell you why: The musical diversity is grander than most trance albums. It's a cornucopia of styles confined within, but not limited to, a framework of trance music with psychedelic elements. The years of production time does not go by unnoticed. Each and every track is a testament to just how much time, work, passion, dedication and love that went into them. Breaking boundaries and building bridges.

Listening to this is like going on a treasure hunt – and the best part is that you'll come out greatly rewarded. It's one amazing track after another – and there's nothing even slightly close to a mediocre track here. The production is to die for and the 'real artwork' by Vladimir Kush is stunning. Trust me on this – this CD is going to spend an awful lot of time in your CD player… It has in mine and I'm nowhere near done with it. Definitely one of the top releases of 2006 – and as such it gets my warmest, most heartfelt recommendations. An essential purchase for any serious music lover. Enjoy!

Favourites: 3(!), 4(!), 7, 8, 9(!), 10, 12(!!)

DeathPosture

Posted Image

External links:

O.O.O.D.: http://www.myspace.com/oood

Organic Records: http://www.organicrecords.net

Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/release/837078

Organic Records (download): http://tinyurl.com/y5lx2r

Saiko Sounds: http://tinyurl.com/yaosvq

Beatspace: http://tinyurl.com/yn4c97

Discobole: http://tinyurl.com/ykue2l

PsyBuy: http://tinyurl.com/y9eq6w

Psyshop: http://tinyurl.com/yeo5ue

Juno: http://tinyurl.com/yz9jx9

Play: http://tinyurl.com/y9tclg

I must leave a comment on the track Eye of the Beholder. The entire album progresses towards this magnificent, epic climax with the last three tracks defining why trance properly done can be a power without description. The emotion in Eye of the Beholder is beyond words. The acid line toward the start of the track brings every delicious promise of what is to come, and by the end of this track, the only thing I can manage to feel is absolute transdimensional blissed out euphoria and shivers of pleasure. This is a rush of musical ecstasy at its peak. Music that liberates your mind and lets it trip into trance.

For me, this album redefines the concept of psychedelic trance music.

I must leave a comment on the track Eye of the Beholder. The entire album progresses towards this magnificent, epic climax with the last three tracks defining why trance properly done can be a power without description. The emotion in Eye of the Beholder is beyond words. The acid line toward the start of the track brings every delicious promise of what is to come, and by the end of this track, the only thing I can manage to feel is absolute transdimensional blissed out euphoria and shivers of pleasure. This is a rush of musical ecstasy at its peak. Music that liberates your mind and lets it trip into trance.

For me, this album redefines the concept of psychedelic trance music.

I've only so far heard the samples provided on Saikosounds - but don't you think this track has huge similarities to L.S.D by Hallucinogen?

That's obviously a good thing, by the way!

I've only so far heard the samples provided on Saikosounds - but don't you think this track has huge similarities to L.S.D by Hallucinogen?

That's obviously a good thing, by the way!

None whatsoever. You will have to listen to the whole track :)

I like what I hear in track 12, followed by track 7 and 9 most so far. There are some catchy melodies throughout some of the songs. On certain songs however, something seems to be lacking, more layers of catchy melodies, imagination, and ideas...a build up to something amazing, even a climax. I like several songs here and I may order the album. There is this playful, fun attitude on here that I generally like.

Insa, not all music needs to be hard and serious dance floor punchers. Listen again, this is excellent (fun)ky, groovy and epic new spytranz!

Insa, not all music needs to be hard and serious dance floor punchers. Listen again, this is excellent (fun)ky, groovy and epic new spytranz!

No? I didn't say it needs to be hard serious dance floor he-man?

Some track are good but the sound feels "hollow" :/

I'll have to listen to the samples again too - I checked all the tracks out and it all just sounds sort of bland to me...

The others seem really excited about it though so maybe I'm missing something...

While I can appreciate that this album is not for everyone and that there are a lot of different tastes, I would add the disclaimer that the samples of this album aren't really good indicators of why this album is so good. The samples don't really do justice to how some of the more oustanding tracks evolve, build and progress; and in the latter half of the album this is what makes it so outstanding IMO.

While I can appreciate that this album is not for everyone and that there are a lot of different tastes, I would add the disclaimer that the samples of this album aren't really good indicators of why this album is so good. The samples don't really do justice to how some of the more oustanding tracks evolve, build and progress; and in the latter half of the album this is what makes it so outstanding IMO.

samples are always shit; it's such a shame you can't walk into a record shop these days and flick through an album at your leisure, but that's another debate entirely.

if you listen to the samples and you're not convinced, buy it anyway. it's an album that's full of depth, and although it sounds great at first listen, 2nd and 3rd listens are, if anything, better, and if it doesn't make you laugh at least twice, you're weird. if, by some miracle, you don't like it, look upon it as an investment. people are selling 2nd hand copies of the last OOOD album for £80, so if that's anything to go by, you'll be getting a good return in a few years time ;)

another spot on review, mr posture, by the way :)

IMPRESSIONS - (Based on 4:00 samples) This is not a review.

Dude, judging an album based on 96k samples is like judging a woman by her pictures on a magazine. Get the album and then review it. Your review is more ridiculous than Guy Cohen's. Get the album, you won't be dissapointed.