-

apsyd

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything depends on the $ you are ready to pay :)

Now I'm thinking about AKG K240s and Sennheiser HD595.

First, I wanted to get Beyerdynamic DTX900 (100$), but people say they sound crappy, maybe I'll go for a more advanced model.

Posted Image

Sennheiser CX300 is what i'm using. preety nice - this noise cancellation thing. even if you don't wanna hear music, it's like ear plugs so you don't hear all the crap people are talking on the bus/train/whatever. :)

for home and my bedroom djing i use these:

Posted Image

Sennheiser HD500. They don't make them anymore which is good since they suck. No high mid (try to mix without high mids! you can't hear the kick drums ffs) and the cable is fucked up. had to replace once, and this one is barely working.

655569[/snapback]

I am intreested in how the noisecancellation thing is working on the earphones, i might buy some b4ecause i also don´t wanna hear the German bullshit talks in the bus when i go to school, if i hear music quietly over my mp3player they fucking ruin the joy which the godford tracks give me :angry::angry::angry: I don´t wanna hear the countrymusic which is playing over the loudspeakers of the bus because old busdrivers drive the fucking bus.

I just showed him what he can get for 150€, 150€ for headphones is thrown the money away IMO, only reach people can do it, the quality is aktually a bit better but not that much. 30€ sony earphones on the otehr hand are pure bliss, i had some and i was fucking happy wih them, the sound and bass was extrem, but i break them  :angry:

655470[/snapback]

radi, i have never said this to you before, but...shut up. k?thx!

RTFM!

- D

I found some 'phones that would be PERFECT for me...if they weren't $250.

Check them out: Ultrasone HFI-700

Review 1

Review 2

I REALLY like the S-Logic attribute. Also, they're among the best closed-type cans.

Thoughts?

655657[/snapback]

I haven't heard them, but I have heard lots of great stuff about Ultrasone in general. If you want them, wait a few months and save up the extra cash you need to buy them. I imagine you spend a lot of time listening to music, so there is really no need to compromise on this.

Yeah, they are pretty good value for money. Too bad they break too easily with frequent DJ use. My buddy who is a full-time DJ has gone thru 6 (six!) pairs in a little over 2 years... Every single time they break in the same place - which sucks so hard.

I only DJ 3-4 times a months so I'm only on my second pair. This time I bought Sennheiser HD315

Posted Image

At home I use my old, trusted Philips HP910. I need to upgrade those soon though.

/DP

655155[/snapback]

its hd215 on pic, do they look the same or was it just a typo :)?

I dont care about sony,its just that you allways reply in a way that has nothing to offer to the guy that asks the question.

Imagine if I answered him by telling him to buy BW speakers because they are great and not to waste his money on headphones. ;)

655467[/snapback]

+1

I just showed him what he can get for 150€, 150€ for headphones is thrown the money away IMO, only reach people can do it, the quality is aktually a bit better but not that much. 30€ sony earphones on the otehr hand are pure bliss, i had some and i was fucking happy wih them, the sound and bass was extrem, but i break them  :angry:

655470[/snapback]

quality is much better, you must be imbecile and ignorant one to dismiss this.

I am intreested in how the noisecancellation thing is working on the earphones, i might buy some b4ecause i also don´t wanna hear the German bullshit talks in the bus when i go to school, if i hear music quietly over my mp3player they fucking ruin the joy which the godford tracks give me  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: I don´t wanna hear the countrymusic which is playing over the loudspeakers of the bus because old busdrivers drive the fucking bus.

655594[/snapback]

:lol: now this sounded allready like nazi :lol:

radi, i have never said this to you before, but...shut up. k?thx!

RTFM!

- D

655596[/snapback]

:lol:

i myself use sennheiser hd212pro, they are pretty good, reviews are good too, slight emphasis on low frequencies, but it doesnt ruin listening experience, basses are not exagerated. i dont have anything to compare them with since these are my first "ok" headphones, music sounds good with these, not capmaining tho :)

costed me less than 30 pounds last spring [2005].

will look for better ones tho, these are good but not excellent, in bigger price range ofcourse.

Well, that's good to know. I was wondering about those. I ultimately decided against them, but your input just confirmed it.

655677[/snapback]

well, yeah, if youre looking for close to excellent headphones for a reasonable price then you wont get something close to excellent for 30 pounds, thats obvious :D

but there is other side of it - pretty often shit headphones from big names sell for more than 50 pounds and sound worse than cheap ones :) .

anyhow, id rather invest good money in great/excellent headphones :)!

btw, your signature, "psy ubuntu" - care to enlighten :)?

buy some 30€ sony earplugs and be happy, they have the best sound and BASS you can get IMO, they come with some clothcaps for the plugs, the clothcaps are for a better sound and bassquality, if you put the cloths on they will for sure shake your head, man, they are really very good, you won´t believe the good bass coming from them, i ahve some cheap sony and even they are very good and don´t distort on high volumes even with much BASS, but 30€ are a good price and they will shake your head. Don´t spent 100+ € for some headphones, for 150€ you can get the logitech Z-2300 which will shake the whole floor in your room and turn the room into a disco and the things on your desk will vibrate as hell, the door to your room will make heavy noises because of the POWER of the logitech speakers, and the quality of the speakers is better than the one of low and midrange DVD systems. So if you spent 150€ for headphones you are, i don´t want say it.

655453[/snapback]

oh christ... Once again Radi raises his own experiences to universal validity

Hi,

Personnaly, I would advise:

Sennheiser HD-25

Posted Image

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/produ...?transid=002976

<_<

I like a lot the light weight and super confortable fit. Very strongly made (Germans are really good for that) and ALL pieces can be replace easily...

Not to mention they have really amazing quality for sound (which is the most important after all).

Only pain in the *ss, the price, but it's a 10 year investement :)

Hope U will find what best suits you witin all these opinions :)

Hearplugs is not even a choice.... they don't hold in my elephant ears and even if they would: I hate the feeling of something stuck in my ear (but maybe a girl's$ç_ç!kjç_ ^(censored)) :P

I would recommend beyerdynamic DT770 pro (80 ohms version)..I literally tried out dozens of headphones before buying these which included all sennheisers, akg's etc etc

These blow all of em away..If you check forums like head-fi which are dedicated to headphones you'll see these being recommended most of the time..They've got the most bass response out of the competition which makes them ideal for electronic music..They're not hyped either so can be used for production as well..They're especially good at noise cancellation which makes them ideal for tracking when recording vocals as there's no leakage..Really comfortable to wear for long periods too which is something important to consider and most people don't realise this when buying headphones..I've owned several headphones which i had to get rid of because they made my ears hurt after some hours, never had this problem with these..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Bey...25&src=3SOSWXXA

Reviews:

http://www.audioreview.com/PRD_117777_2750crx.aspx

The DT770-80s were near the top of my list. The only problem I came across while reading reviews was that the bass comes off as too strong. Can you take a look at this and tell me how much of it is true?

http://www.headphonereviews.org/headphone....w&headphoneId=4

Thanks a bunch.

655726[/snapback]

The bass response depends on how you'll be driving the headphones..If they're being driven by a good headphone amp the low end is more controlled..For example they sound MUCH better with my pro audio interface then plugged straight into my laptop..So yes to get the best out of these you do need a good amp..This is why i recommended the 80 ohm version though since they are easier to drive than the 250 ohm model..

Say I were to use these headphones for a portable mp3 player (which is my intent). Would you still recommend these headphones? I don't want to have to buy separate accessories for them, as I only intend for them to be of use with my mp3 player (Creative Zen Vision:M).

655728[/snapback]

Hmmm well they'll still sound good but not AS good as they'll sound plugged into a decent amp..You said you're going to be using them to listen to music so i think they'll do just fine since the whole point of listening to music is to enjoy the full blown experience which they'll give..I've used them with my discman and they sound great..I was just saying that if you want to use them for production then you're better of driving them from a good amp..

If you want another comparable one check out Audio technica ATH-900..The only downside to these however is that they make your ears hot and sweaty after wearing them for a while so they're not as comfortable as the DT770's..

http://www.audiocubes.com/category/Headpho...Headphones.html

You're welcome! I know i went through the same research phase, reading countless reviews and browsing forums..I wasn't disappointed by my choice at the end of the day..What really convinced me was actually going to a shop & listening to ALL of the headphones there and these were by far the best..

Say I were to use these headphones for a portable mp3 player (which is my intent).

:huh: you gonna spend cash on good headphones to listen to mp3....

:lol: what's the point to buy a good one for mp3? What the point to even "listen" to music on mp3 format? It's like reading book where some of the letters would have been erased = No need to buy good glasses, neither, what's gone is gone...

Ooops , I forgot, allways looks better with a dj headset plug to the latest Ipod... :rolleyes:

In a few days my Bose earphones are arriving...

Posted Image

But the Skullcandy looks cool too. And cheaper. Is it that bad ? Why are you changing the headphones ? If it is kinda ok, then I might change my decision from Bose. There is still time for it to arrive..:)