-

apsyd

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell us what's wrong with them scullkrushers first :)

655096[/snapback]

maybe they smell of sweat and a little earwax, are little damaged, dirty ... when I would say "they have served their time well" I'd mean exactly that :lol:

Anyway, I used Philips SBCHP550 ones ... was very satisfied with them until "they have served their time well" ( :lol: ). They have a sound with more focus on deeper frequencies. Good for Etnoscope-style music ... I still love to dig 'em out and listen to some Etnoscope on them occasionally :)

I then used Philips SBCHP430 ones, but I was not satisfied. The sound was too high with too few deeper frequencies. If you are into melodies and stuf you "could" like it, but I wouldn't recommend them. The pepper was missing with them. Fortunately a friend bought them off me, so I had no financial loss.

Now I have Sony MDR-V150 and I'm pretty satisfied. Not top quality sound (surely won't be like your skullcrusherz), but they are very good headphones for a lower price. They have pepper in the sound but don't focus on deep frequencies. I really like them because they have a clearer and a bit higher sound than the SBCHP550 had while not losing the pepper in the sound, so I could listen to all tracks again that I only had heard with the 550 before and discover new synth layers, hidden melodies ... it was cool B)

At home I use AKG K55 ... they are bulky, but the sound is very good. Deep frequencies as well as higher ones are covered up and coming through well. Rich bass they have. I love them, they are the best sounding headphones I have and I have them already for 5 years easily. It's AKG quality while not being as good sounding as top notch studio headphones from AKG, but still, really decent sound ... they weren't expensive as well as I can remember...

Posted Image

My friend had a pair of these .  not very expensive about 150$ .  Good sound and even better if you're into djing . Technics is the shit  ;)

655119[/snapback]

Yeah, they are pretty good value for money. Too bad they break too easily with frequent DJ use. My buddy who is a full-time DJ has gone thru 6 (six!) pairs in a little over 2 years... Every single time they break in the same place - which sucks so hard.

I only DJ 3-4 times a months so I'm only on my second pair. This time I bought Sennheiser HD315

Posted Image

At home I use my old, trusted Philips HP910. I need to upgrade those soon though.

/DP

I only DJ 3-4 times a months so I'm only on my second pair. This time I bought Sennheiser HD315

Posted Image

/DP

655155[/snapback]

These sure look stylish. Do they also sound that good and what did you pay for these? I personally have the Pioneer DJ(?)-1000. They are good and robust for dj use but not good for home use(to much bass and not comfortable).

These sure look stylish. Do they also sound that good and what did you pay for these? I personally have the Pioneer DJ(?)-1000. They are good and robust for dj use but not good for home use(to much bass and not comfortable).

655212[/snapback]

Yeah, they are pretty nice. Not outstanding, but good for the money. I DJed with them for 6 hours last night - without any problems whatsoever. Crisp, clear sound - and they are comfortable to wear. They also have the option of bending on one side for one-ear monitoring- which often comes in handy in DJ situations.

I work @ an electronics distributor so I got them cheap - €65. Retail price is about €100 here in Denmark.

/DP

technics rpdj 1210 is the way to go! they even survived a trip through south america from 5 months.. and still function perfectly. gotta love em!

655351[/snapback]

I have them as well, and while they are excellent for DJ'ing, I find them way to stressful to wear for everyday use. For everything else than DJ'ing I have a pair of AKG K271 Studio's - and it's probably the best buy of my life :)

buy some 30€ sony earplugs and be happy, they have the best sound and BASS you can get IMO, they come with some clothcaps for the plugs, the clothcaps are for a better sound and bassquality, if you put the cloths on they will for sure shake your head, man, they are really very good, you won´t believe the good bass coming from them, i ahve some cheap sony and even they are very good and don´t distort on high volumes even with much BASS, but 30€ are a good price and they will shake your head. Don´t spent 100+ € for some headphones, for 150€ you can get the logitech Z-2300 which will shake the whole floor in your room and turn the room into a disco and the things on your desk will vibrate as hell, the door to your room will make heavy noises because of the POWER of the logitech speakers, and the quality of the speakers is better than the one of low and midrange DVD systems. So if you spent 150€ for headphones you are, i don´t want say it.

So if you spent 150€ for headphones you are, i don´t want say it.

...a dj?

buy some 30€ sony earplugs and be happy, they have the best sound and BASS you can get IMO, they come with some clothcaps for the plugs, the clothcaps are for a better sound and bassquality, if you put the cloths on they will for sure shake your head, man, they are really very good, you won´t believe the good bass coming from them, i ahve some cheap sony and even they are very good and don´t distort on high volumes even with much BASS, but 30€ are a good price and they will shake your head. Don´t spent 100+ € for some headphones, for 150€ you can get the logitech Z-2300 which will shake the whole floor in your room and turn the room into a disco and the things on your desk will vibrate as hell, the door to your room will make heavy noises because of the POWER of the logitech speakers, and the quality of the speakers is better than the one of low and midrange DVD systems. So if you spent 150€ for headphones you are, i don´t want say it.

655453[/snapback]

*bangs head on wall

...a dj?

655458[/snapback]

I know a djfriend and even he says sony earplugs are great and have the best BASS of all, i played him a psytrance traqck over my sony mp3 player and he said, the BASS is fucking damn good and he works with technics. He also said that the sony where very dynamic and powerful.

the thought of putting in and taking out earbuds while mixing... sorta like a gangbang for the ears...

*bangs head on wall

655459[/snapback]

What? snowball you can say logitech are bad, fine, i had to adjust the eq of my computer to get a great sound of them but you can´t say sony is bad, sony are really good quality audio products.

What? snowball you can say logitech are bad, fine, i had to adjust the eq of my computer to get a great sound of them but you can´t say sony is bad, sony are really good quality audio products.

655465[/snapback]

I dont care about sony,its just that you allways reply in a way that has nothing to offer to the guy that asks the question.

Imagine if I answered him by telling him to buy BW speakers because they are great and not to waste his money on headphones. ;)

I dont care about sony,its just that you allways reply in a way that has nothing to offer to the guy that asks the question.

Imagine if I answered him by telling him to buy BW speakers because they are great and not to waste his money on headphones. ;)

655467[/snapback]

I just showed him what he can get for 150€, 150€ for headphones is thrown the money away IMO, only reach people can do it, the quality is aktually a bit better but not that much. 30€ sony earphones on the otehr hand are pure bliss, i had some and i was fucking happy wih them, the sound and bass was extrem, but i break them :angry:

I just showed him what he can get for 150€, 150€ for headphones is thrown the money away IMO, only reach people can do it, the quality is aktually a bit better but not that much. 30€ sony earphones on the otehr hand are pure bliss, i had some and i was fucking happy wih them, the sound and bass was extrem, but i break them  :angry:

655470[/snapback]

if you compare 30eur soney earbuds with pro headphones that cost more than 5times that price and you find the difference "not that much" then you are lucky. ;)

Oh! And I forgot to mention, these new headphones would be at leisure times at home. I've already got a pair of DJ headphones. So, I'd be in a quiet place instead of an extremely loud party.

655472[/snapback]

Then go for AKG K271 Studio :)

I just showed him what he can get for 150€, 150€ for headphones is thrown the money away IMO, only reach people can do it, the quality is aktually a bit better but not that much. 30€ sony earphones on the otehr hand are pure bliss, i had some and i was fucking happy wih them, the sound and bass was extrem, but i break them  :angry:

655470[/snapback]

I am by no means rich: it's all a matter of prioritizing - and I listen to music A LOT each day, so good sound is of high priority for me.

Posted Image

Sennheiser CX300 is what i'm using. preety nice - this noise cancellation thing. even if you don't wanna hear music, it's like ear plugs so you don't hear all the crap people are talking on the bus/train/whatever. :)

for home and my bedroom djing i use these:

Posted Image

Sennheiser HD500. They don't make them anymore which is good since they suck. No high mid (try to mix without high mids! you can't hear the kick drums ffs) and the cable is fucked up. had to replace once, and this one is barely working.