Back

Posted Image

Webshop: http://www.d-a-r-k.net

http://www.dark-records.com

Mastering: Digitalist

Cover Art: Yves Thomassin

Tracklist

----------

1. Dark Summer - Clash of the worlds (Original mix)...(5:47)

2. Digitalist - Clash of the worlds (RMX)...7:14)

3. Dark Summer - Divine justifier...(7:18)

Review:

--------

1. Dark Summer - Clash of the world

The track starts with a vocal sample "You like Liquid......What did you find ? Nothing!! followed by some screeching leads and the usual dark summer phat rolling bassline followed by an Islamic Prayer "Allah-O-Akbar ...the first time i ever heard an islamic sound sample otherwise ,most tracks are full of Bom shankar and all the salutations to The Lordshiva, the track follows to build up adding layer after layer and after 1:59 you get to hear more morbid sounds a floating sound-scape which further tries to create a pre-climax i did say keeping up with the grind all way to 3:11 adding up my favorite classical acid leads which i have heard with dark summer debut track on VA TWisted flavors, the leads keep comin up with a melody on top of it creating the main climax making the track more chaotic further more till the end of this track.

This ones definitely a Scorcher !!

2. Digitalist - Clash of the worlds (rmx)

And now its time for Digitalist's version of Clash of the world. This one starts off straight without an intro, diving straight with acid belches , squeeches and a Uber Bassline for which i dig Thomas's track, Although this track was bought by me in digital format it sounds like i am hearing this track on a Vinyl, or maybe its the super-slick production of Digitalist. The track keeps further progressing with more and more twisted sounds perfectly creating a sinister atmosphere , it would make the listener expect of any unexpected surprises further down , so faint hearted fella's beware !!! the track keeps getting sinisterly complex to a extent where it sent shivers through my spine goes on building the climax till 4:52 after which gives a good break and stutter to explode with a floating alien sound and gets more psyched layers inter-woven till the end. This one's definitely a super-slick quality production.

3. Dark Summer - Divine justifier

This one starts with an alienetic sound creating a perfect ghost-story narrative atmosphere progressing with more eeries sound samples that come out and disappear in oblivion, the bassline is phat and rolling 1:52 onward starts those acid riffs slicing through the darkness of this sinister story, bending exploding into newer layers of mad ass acid leads, just ripping and tearing each stance apart. My personally applause to dark summer for using those classical acid leads which really sum up my trip, the voice sample 4:11 onwards sound bit cheezy esp when you are on the verge of outbursting evil, but doesn;t bother much either coz the journey into the darkness keeps continuing 5:00 on theres a lead which should have been much intense , this sounds a bit muffled or i dunnno how i did put this but there's sure is chaos ( i had expected something more at this point) but eventually dark summer makes my night with those acid leads i always dig.

Peace

Dark Summer - Ride The Snake EP (Dark Records)

-Dark Summer - Clash of the Worlds(original)

This starts with some talking about lsd and proceeds to islamic imam chanting alla wakbar. ehhehe intresting specially for me as i hear the imam of the mosque near here every day. psy squelches come in soon after and a very nice build up arround 1:45 in. more nice psy sounds come in after this buildup with also a nice vocal with some delay. at around 2:20 first melody comes in, haunting distorted sorta guitarish sound. this goes on until 3:20 where pitched psy stabs take over again. Another buildup at 4:10 again excecuted well with a goa sorta melody coming in after. The melody carries us towards the outro.

Very nice track with some nice production twists and good arrange. If you like modern squelchy dark with goa influences ou will like it.

Dark Summer - Divine Justifier

This one starts with some haunting dark pads and rock type of drums before going into the psy kick/bass. i like the drum sounds and the bass little bit less in this one but it still works. Until 1:52 we have slight buildups with drums and sounds coming in a sorta proggy manner, and the psy fm sounds come in. another small buildup at 3:20 with another fm pitched sound coming in with a lot of other twisted psy sounds going on. This goes on for some time with what seems to be some automations of the synths and fx and this goes on until the outro.

Another solid track, could be a little more intresting with some more variation.

Digitalist - Clash of the Worlds (remix)

starts with some sampleNhold type sounds with the kick/bass fading inwards. Very nice kick and bass in this with the drums and squelches coming in very nicely at 28 seconds. Also u can hear a sorta housy stab line that works very nice with the groove. At 1 minute sounds pull out and make way for some more sttab sounds to come in with a lot of reverb. nice variation on the bass going on. some gated vocals coming in with the stabs and then a formant vocal sorta line. all sounding very nice now at 2 minutes in! Still gaining even more power at 2:30 and letting go with some games on the kick;/bass into a ver nice bouncy melodic sound coming in at 2:45. This goes on until 3:30 where tons of squelches come in. This part i don't like so much, a bit too screechy for me. Brrak at 4 minutes again very nice execution into atmospheric sounds and some fxed drum sounds. again the track is very nice in this part. Yet another well done break just before 5 minutes and we have some pitch pulling sounds and some nice qwacky rubbery lead again. All these sounds go on until the end with everything climaxing in a furry before stopping.

Very good track overal and should rock a dancefloor!

Conclusions:

A lot of nice material and smart work here. I liked both mixes of Clas of The worlds and it is worth getting the ep just to grab hold of these. The other track is a little bit less attractive but does work with the other two.

Looking forward to hear more Dark Summer in the future!