looking for sad Chillout...

CeDeR

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really sad, you say? Then dig this one:

Vond - Selvmord

This has nothing to do with psy whatsoever, it's really really good and sad ambient and might just be the thing you're looking for

654911[/snapback]

Promising title :P

Some very nice stuff mentioned in this topic, I hope you guys keep mentioning more "sad" chillout, very interesting! :D

Really sad, you say? Then dig this one:

Vond - Selvmord

This has nothing to do with psy whatsoever, it's really really good and sad ambient and might just be the thing you're looking for

654911[/snapback]

YOU KNOW VOND?

Respect! I really didn't expect that! I mean ... that's like ... pretty underground stuff! Mortiis side project. Do you know Mortiis too btw :rolleyes: ?

Oh and to the one who is searching for "sad chillout", I hardly think you'd like suicide ambient, so I advise you to pre-listen that Vond stuff thoroughly before buying...

And try to get the vinyl with the gift razorblade. It's freakin' rare!

sorry for self-promotion, but i guess my style is labeled "sad/melodic chillout".. and well, they are free..

xerxes - my favorite kind of silence

xerxes - cell progression

hope you like'em sir :)

.x

655094[/snapback]

No need to be sorry! I'm downloading now :ph34r:

Cheers!

YOU KNOW VOND?

Respect! I really didn't expect that! I mean ... that's like ... pretty underground stuff! Mortiis side project. Do you know Mortiis too btw :rolleyes: ?

Oh and to the one who is searching for "sad chillout", I hardly think you'd like suicide ambient, so I advise you to pre-listen that Vond stuff thoroughly before buying...

And try to get the vinyl with the gift razorblade. It's freakin' rare!

655075[/snapback]

Yeah I know Vond (or at least "Selvmord" in case there are more releases) it's one of the best ambient things I've ever heard. I know it's a side project of Mortiis, though I've never actually heard Mortiis.

Anyway, if you look beside the cover and such and listen to the music itself, I don't think you have to interpret it as suicidal (even though the title says so). To me it's more like.. hm dark romantism I would say, very dreamy, sad and beautiful and may somewhat appeal to more people than the cover suggests (though I love the cover :) ).. (Funny how these evil norwegians got this ability to create beautiful things, considering the harshness of their metal)

Btw do you know Wongraven's ambient project? I don't yet but I've heard it should up there in the same league

Edit: Haha a gift razorblade :lol: .. just in case you should got inspired by the music i guess.. Like the first 500 copies of Burzum's "Aske" which came with a gift lighter so you could burn down a church yourself