NEMO.BOFH

Artist: The Eskeemo Knights

Genre: Trance

Source: DAT

Catalognr: CCRFREE001

Label: ColoCaos Records

Number of Tracks: 8

Length: 75:26 min

Since a couple of days, I have been working on my new material, and I have come to the conclusion, that I will never release these old tracks. So, here they are for free! The tracks are mostly from 2000-2002, Travelling is older though.

One of the reasons why I wont release these are that they are old, and another is because im not producing this kind of music anymore. In other words, I no longer identify myself with these tracks.

IF you wish to DJ these tracks on a party, please request a CD or a FLAC download, as the quality will not be DjAble :D

I hope there are some people out there that appreciate them... and if not, then all I can say "You cant please everyone!" :)

01 Travelling 07:30

02 Tijuana Sunrise (Jordstomp Edit) 10:51

03 Liquid Morning (Nemomix) 09:07

04 Acidtestr 09:30

05 Deep Grounds 09:45

06 Yello 10:52

07 Tribe of Frog (Lost in Bristol Mix) 06:52

08 The Holy Crunch (if Not Remix) 10:59

Enjoy!

The Eskeemo Knights - Sex, Smokes and AcidTrance Promo

NEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D

I want the FLAC!!!! Fuck that,I NEED the FLAC!!! :)

Good Job man!!! B)

648245[/snapback]

So, you like it I take it? :) Let me arrange something, and get back to you very soon about where you can download it.

Thank you very much!! :)

Thank you very much guys. Eventhough this is not what I am doing anymore, it really makes me happy that these old tracks can be appreciated! In the new stuff the 303 is still a very big part of the music, as I come from an Acid house/Acid trance background :)

Minimal? :) Not that I am questioning your taste there mate, but what do you mean? Just curious :)

Well.. it isn't minimal at all (I guess it didn't use the term very well ;))

I just listened the Filtera - Sky Input cd before I heard the Eskeemo stuff.. and well.. the first track did sounds a bit minimal compared to that haha.. but I come back on that.. It isn't minimal :) just it could use some more melody layers and diversity in certain parts imo, but that's just a matter of taste!

Guest Cosmogenesis

Whow, can't believe my ears! :o Even if it's old, this album is awesome, Nemo!! I'm surprised because I didn't know that you're an artist (my mistake). After a quick listening, I can say that the tracks are very good quality, and their style, structure, and feeling sound personal/original for each of them! I appreciate especially "tijuana sunrise" & "yello" because of the emotion they deliver. The melodies of "yello" which enter at 5:53 really touch me a lot! :)

Did u try, the time you produced those tracks back in 2000-2002, to contact any labels to release them?

Anyway, thanx for the sharing! I enjoy! :)

Well.. it isn't minimal at all (I guess it didn't use the term very well ;))

I just listened the Filtera - Sky Input cd before I heard the Eskeemo stuff.. and well.. the first track did sounds a bit minimal compared to that haha.. but I come back on that.. It isn't minimal :) just it could use some more melody layers and diversity in certain parts imo, but that's just a matter of taste!

648490[/snapback]

Haha, yeah compared with Jannis I will probably sound very flat :D Thanks for the input. Maybe Jannis will remix one of them, that then will be released as a net release on Colo Caos!? :D

Whow, can't believe my ears!  :o  Even if it's old, this album is awesome, Nemo!! I'm surprised because I didn't know that you're an artist (my mistake).  After a quick listening, I can say that the tracks are very good quality, and their style, structure, and feeling sound personal/original for each of them! I appreciate especially "tijuana sunrise" & "yello" because of the emotion they deliver. The melodies of "yello" which enter at 5:53 really touch me a lot!  :)

Did u try, the time you produced those tracks back in 2000-2002, to contact any labels to release them?

Anyway, thanx for the sharing! I enjoy!  :)

648495[/snapback]

How could you know, I dont really speak about it that much. I have my studio here, and I experiment pretty much at the moment with some new sounds. Acid will always be a theme in my tracks though :) Its cool you like Tijuana Sunrise, its one of the tracks that I dont like that much, but people seem to like a lot. Everytime I play this live, people go nuts hehehe.... Yello is one of my favourites though :) Thank you very much for the nice feedback!

I had some contact with some labels, but I decided to hold on to the stuff, and release it myself one day. After 4 years of playing around, and enhancing the tracks, and also playing them live though, I thought its time to let go of them. :)

Again, thanks everyone for the feedback, it means a lot to me to get positive AND negative feedback, as long as it is creative! :)

Nemo

Nice goaish stuff mate, i liked some stuff even though i dont listen to that kind of music mostly. im sure your new stuff sound much better, what is your direction now?

648586[/snapback]

I am of the acid house/acid trance school, so it will be that direction. It is somewhat more progressive, but its not progressive if you know what I mean? I will of course post samples when I am done with the 10 tracks :) Currently they are very much not even structured, but the bases are there :) I also get very inspired by dub, such as Linton Kwesi etc etc :)

I take very long time before I actually feel something is finished, so it might take another year.

In January, I will take 2 weeks off from work though, to spend time only in the studio :)

Spain next summer is also going to be one weeks in a farmhouse just producing stuff :)

01  Travelling                                  07:30

02  Tijuana Sunrise (Jordstomp Edit)  10:51

03  Liquid Morning (Nemomix)          09:07

04  Acidtestr                                    09:30

05  Deep Grounds                            09:45

06  Yello                                          10:52

07  Tribe of Frog (Lost in Bristol Mix)  06:52

08  The Holy Crunch (if Not Remix)    10:59

Enjoy!

The Eskeemo Knights - Sex, Smokes and AcidTrance Promo

648128[/snapback]

Travelling - i like it, perhaps, imo, it could kick more with bit faster bpm, but thats only me, also, track sounds bit minimal, it could have been bit more atmospheric, just one extra layer :P? i know, they are old n stuff so youre not gonna work on them anymore, so my feedback is useless here :D

overall pretty modern sounding, imo could be played at some big festival today and id enjoy it :)

Tijuana Sunrise (Jordstomp Edit) - well, its ok track, but short before 5th minute it gets better, reminds me of jaias blue energy style. well, music-that is meldoy wise, imo its better than travelling, yet travelling pwns this one :D .

Liquid Morning (Nemomix) - well, its good, its nothing special untill after 3rd minute, then it gets more intense and better, imo. after fifth minute it starts to sound much like typical old trance, because of that synth preset [that voice-like sounding one], after it gets back on the track again, after 7th minute, then again that old synth sound kick in [ :P] and then it gets intense, and then it ends, [that cheesy trance lead[yes, lead, or how is it called :P?] and melody are boring tho, sounds too "90s" if you know what i mean :P] :P:D

imo second half of track is much better than first few minutes of it :) .

overall id say mixture between trance and goa trance?

Acidtestr - man, its really neat, could be perhaps made some tiny corrections in a few places, but i really like this one, it stands out between previous tracks, something different from them B)

pitty that that acid line ended so suddenly at 4th minute leaving this track sort of empty for those few seconds before it kicked back again :D

kinda technoish track with acid [? never heard acid, so sorry if im messing something here] and bit of goa, the end definitely sounds like goa trance :D

track could be bit shorter tho, thus more packed, end came too suddenly <_<:P

i liked it overall.

Deep Grounds - begining sound ok, but it gets more intense shortly before 2nd minute, i like it, not [imo] as "diverse" as your previous tracks, that is, i mean, bit monotone. but shortly before 3rd minute it gets better and stays on that track overall :P

Yello - bit darker and fuller track than the previous ones, driving or sort of. not my favourite, but not bad either yet not "catchy" enough.

Tribe of Frog (Lost in Bristol Mix) - bit reminds me of x-dreams radio, acidic/goaish.

gets much better at around 5th minute and on :D

The Holy Crunch (if Not Remix) - monotone, acidic [?] track, perhaps too long, maybe would appreciate it more if heard shorter mix of this one. some typical 90s sounds here again [sorry, just bored with those overused "trance" sounds of 90s that were overused by euro trance scene at that period :D], we get some 303 at the 2nd part of the track, it gets less monotone than 1st part and better :P.

oldschool trance track?

[bug: sound distortion at 8:26?]

favourites 1 [for sounding really modern and actual among modern psy], 4 [stands out, liked it, remember this one]

and quality wise, perhaps last track would have some success in trance scene in mid 90s?

about the rest ones i didnt capture anything special, just ok tracks with something to fix [imo] here and there :)

@reger

Conclusion, the oldest track sounded the most up to date to you :D The sound that you mean is called a gated choir, and yes, its very 90s, I got all my inspiration from the 80s and 90s :D

Thanks for the lengthy review, it was an intressting read!

No its not a bug, its the filter that sounds like that :)

Nemo

EDIT: I couldnt reply because it said I had used too many emoticons!!!! :lol:

Conclusion, the oldest track sounded the most up to date to you :D The sound that you mean is called a gated choir, and yes, its very 90s, I got all my inspiration from the 80s and 90s :D

649080[/snapback]

hehe :D

EDIT: I couldnt reply because it said I had used too many emoticons!!!! :lol:

649080[/snapback]

same here, had to edit that post some 4 times or more before psynews accepted it :ph34r:

edit: puts on 4&1

I like this alot! Great tracks!

Especially Yello, i love it! :D

Great atmospheric lead, lovely 303 lines and the track is so driving :)

Travelling is also very good, the kick and bassline is top! Nice vibe :)

Great album! Thanks for sharing! :D

//Alexander

I like this alot! Great tracks!

Especially Yello, i love it! :D

Great atmospheric lead, lovely 303 lines and the track is so driving :)

Travelling is also very good, the kick and bassline is top! Nice vibe :)

Great album! Thanks for sharing!  :D

//Alexander

650754[/snapback]

Cheers Alexander :) Yello is one of my favs as well, cool that you like it :) Seems though, that a lot of people like the oldest track (Travelling) a lot. Also very nice!