What type of Psy dont you get?

NEMO.BOFH

I dont get Finnish Psy at all. I liked ONE Texas Faggot track, and the rest I cant listen to. One thing I dont get either, is Schlabbaduerst stuff... Its not that its bad music, I just dont get it. So dont get me wrong here, I can hear that there is a lot of brains behind it....

What subgenre or type of psy do you not understand? :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe some of the morning neo-fullon.. like Bizzare Contact or new Perplex or new Space Cat.. it has some psychedelic twists now and then but most of them I think it's just melodic/cheezy dance . In other words I don't find it psychedelic..

646974[/snapback]

Fair enough, im a sucker for cheesy trance though (sometimes) there is nothing better than cheesy trance and unreal tournament :D Cool, reply without flaming the music, Respect! :)

Well I could dance to it at times or be at a festival, just not enjoying it THAT much and get the chills/goosebumps from it.. ;)

I would say it's XTC music...

646978[/snapback]

hahahaha I call some music coke music :D or speedfreak music.. :) Oh well, going home now to listen to some acid.. THAT I really get... :)

I can listen to whatever, though I have to say that some of that Finnish stuff is pretty bizarre. Sometimes I cant help but think, this stuff sounds like insane disco. I like a lot of what Ive heard but some is pretty out there...

anything I can dance to that doesnt bore me is good IMO. (I once left the dancefloor when "cities of the future" was played, just really boring and cheesy to me at that moment... that damn singing...)

I don't like the general full-on (usually). Some tracks are good though.

And what I especially don't like is most of darkpsy. For example the collection Lethal Doses is one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever heard. In every track there is that stupid screech-synth (can't describe it bettter, you know what I'm talking about), and the basslines and kicks are awful. This kind of music irritates me very much.

their last one is good.. :D

647052[/snapback]

Hmmm, let's call it a matter of taste. :)

Not only their music is a little disturbing;

http://e.discogs.com/viewimages?what=R&obid=252482

Strange little cover-art they use there. :lol:

And, yes, I didn't quite got what all the hype around the Mars Volta was about either.

i cant get Analog Pussy.....just cant...LOL @ sex vocal samples

647053[/snapback]

i saw them live last saturday....me and my two droogs watched it from a safe distance...when one of them asked me what i thought of it, i said "it's entertaining". and that it is, not more, but probably less. i tolerate quiet every opinion and taste, but watching this saddened me somehow. this kind of music has everything goa never wanted to have; these artists live everything they once were supposed to have vanquished. after analog pussy, tsuyoshi suzuki played a set full of guitars and rock-song-remixes, and in between he brandished about with his hands in this ubercool wannabe-satanic manner. this was the point i ran away to the chillout....where one could enjoy downtempo but nevertheless utterly psychedelic music for the whole rest of the night!

rant over, back to nice and open-for-everything-mode :)

The Mars Volta is the bestest rockband evarghhh :P

Vocals! Shame on IM!!! :angry: or really all that happened with that mainstream (neo full on or what ever u wanna call it) movement in Israel, I dont get it!!!

But Finnish I love, especially Texas Faggott - Petoman's Peflett :rolleyes:, Squaremeat and the new No Possible Soundz :) but yeah its weird and goofy sometimes but I really like that :wacko:

But some proggy I dont get, I mean its nice music and all.... I just get bored quite fast (there are exeptions though like Sensient ;) )

Dark/forest (forest? rolleyes.gif ) psy, progressive and full-on.

So, you like oldschool and chill?

Stuff with over 150 BPM I often have a hard time enjoying... Some goes for mindless Israeli full-on and fluffy Ibiza trance...

647201[/snapback]

Mmm, please DP, there is commercial stuff everywhere, so don't equal Ibiza=commercial.

The Muses Rapt - Spiritual Healing (Juan Verdera's stuff was made in Ibiza if I'm not mistaken)

First 1200 mics albums where made here too..

So please, don't label Ibiza as commercial :)

Progressive. DULL! DULL! DULL!

wait a few years then try again.

Mmm, please DP, there is commercial stuff everywhere, so don't equal Ibiza=commercial.

The Muses Rapt - Spiritual Healing (Juan Verdera's stuff was made in Ibiza if I'm not mistaken)

First 1200 mics albums where made here too..

So please, don't label Ibiza as commercial :)

647231[/snapback]

Hey Alex,

When I wrote "Ibiza-trance" it was merely an analogy for über-fluffy, uplifting stuff of Balearic descent... Certainly loads of great tunes have been made there but also a large amount of fluff... B)