Shpongle Live in Concert

traveller

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool performance. Silly at times, cool at others. The new songs seem cool - I'll probably get the album when it comes out in 2025. Hearing their rendition of DMT sent chills down my spine till the goddamn guitars took over....for some reason they reminded me of Santana or something. He'll have to call it "Black Magic DMT Woman" on the DVD. <_<

Michele Adamson was positively awful. How the hell did she get a spot on that stage?

At least he pulled in the original vocalist for "Once Upon the Sea...." to do the main parts properly, or I would have spontaneously combusted in my fucking chair, probably taking the entire eastern half of Germany with me.

Looked like an overall cool concert, but I'm not kicking myself for missing it.

BTW....

http://www.krelmatrix.com/audio/Shpongle-L...-31.10.2008.mp3

ssssshhhhhhh.. ;)

It's a direct rip from the stream that I recorded for the hell of it since I was just sitting at my desk. The quality is bad since it was coming from the low-quality stream, but hey, deal with it and don't waste your time complaining or you'll get a nasty response. :P Grab it fast 'cause I'll take it down on Sunday.

How much did you put in that joint? ;)

Enough ;)

I agree w u krel, quite silly at times :lol: but I guess that's how it should be with those guys! But yeah seemed like a good performance, probably a million times (at least :P) better to be there and get the whole physical experience! :ph34r:

there are at least 3 new finished tracks, which are insanely beautiful, i had the chance to hear them once while with someone important this year.

i suppose that's the new material they played in the liveset, extremely long tracks like over 10 minutes each, and stunning.

i hope the new album comes out soon as is a kind of return to the first album sound, very psychedelic less brazilian or ethnic in general :)))

i didn't hear/see on the web the show but thanks to you that posted the stream rip i will now :)

i heard that the afterparty was in a hole though, too little and overcrowded

it was an amazing event. i'm so happy i could be there :DD

i only hated when michelle started to, well lets call it 'sing'.

that was so awefull and didnt fit the rest at all.

i also expected some more visual stuff.

but everything together made it a really stunning perfomance.

here you have the torrent for the video rip of the stream:

http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/4479542/S...542.TPB.torrent

quality sux a bit but thats the best avaible for now :)

the new tracks are pretty nice, but the old stuff is way better. maybe their new work is technically better done but you can clearly hear that Simon slowed down with mushrooms :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

it was an amazing event. i'm so happy i could be there :DD

i only hated when michelle started to, well lets call it 'sing'.

that was so awefull and didnt fit the rest at all.

i also expected some more visual stuff.

but everything together made it a really stunning perfomance.

here you have the torrent for the video rip of the stream:

http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/4479542/S...542.TPB.torrent

quality sux a bit but thats the best avaible for now :)

the new tracks are pretty nice, but the old stuff is way better. maybe their new work is technically better done but you can clearly hear that Simon slowed down with mushrooms :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Amazing pictures! on livestream it looked less good :P

Flights to London [x]

Tickets to concert [x]

Waking up the morning after and realising that you don't remember shit from last night [x]

Fuck you alcohol :angry:

Do you remember me? :lol:

I just woke up and it's 21:53 now. Shit.

My trip started Thursday morning when I took the train to the city to meet up with my partners in crime. There were four of us and after some time we were all gathered and ready to go to the airport. We naturally teased everyone we knew an met while getting to the airport (1 person). The flight was uneventful and we arrived at Stansted safe and sound. Took the buss into the city, exited the buss at the wrong stop, but we sorted it out. Took the tube to Camden where our Hostel was, dropped our bags and went out to eat and drink. Had some fish and chips (ey, give us a break alright?) then went to the first bar. Gay night. We tried the next one. Cunt bouncer. Third one was alright! Had some beers and talked about our expectations. Good times!

Thursday morning! After a night of extreme noise from the upstairs neighbors and extremely hot room we woke up too late to manage a shower. To "save money" we hadn't booked the room any longer. Friday was mostly spent walking around in Camden. Unbelievable how much shit you can sell in one place (I've been there before). We went to get our Shpongle & after party tickets, had a nice talk and mug of wine with the Old Indian Guy (OIG) selling them.

It was getting dark and we started to move closer to Roundhouse, looking for a place to have beers. Had a beer someplace. Continued. We went inside the inspiral cafe for 15 minutes or so (in the basement). I didn't remember that was the place were some psynewsers were going to meet up. I do remember now afterwards that I must've seen yohankiwi, a guy with black and white pants (but no hat!). I didn't recognize the outfit as a "jester" so I didn't connect the dots. :P I wonder how many Pienewsers I saw in there. We then went to another bar were my friend's friends were drinking (also going to the concert/afterparty). Had a fun time there, with some nice girls serving in the bar!

Around 20:00 it was finally Shpongle time! Once you got past all the "tickets, tickets for tonight"-guys the queue moved quite fast. No illegal substances on me so doggy didn't pay me any attention and we were inside! Went straight to the main floor and waited while listening to Younger Brother.

Most of you have heard the concert already so you kinda knew how it was, not a very good singer, but otherwise awesome! :D Chills down my spine many times! Ahhhh! I'll just leave it at the right now. :D

One thing that bothered me the people booing when there wasn't any extra number. Wtf?

We decided to go grab some food and just chill for a few hours after Shpongle, hoping to avoid a queue at the afterparty. Said and done we were upstairs at this really chill asian place. After a couple of hours we decided to find the afterparty. No tube, all closed down. The streets looked like mayhem. Drunk halloween people everywhere. We asked our way around and after some trouble with catching the bus together we were all gathered at king's cross. With our spirits high we walked to Scala only to be greeted by this ridiculous queue! It wasn't moving at all! So we went and talked with the bouncer and said we had electronic tickets and we were in immediately. Just like that. 5 seconds of queue time! :blink: I kinda felt bad about it afterwards because everyone I talked with had been in that fucking queue for 1-2 hours.

When I got in I noticed a guy standing in the stairs ahead of me. I immediately recognized this guy in a jacket and hat as traveler from behind. I don't know how I could that. I had a nice 20 second conversation (in English and Finnish) with this glass eyed man before I had to move on. :lol: Friendliest face I have seen! That baby face together with those blue eyes.

Had a great time at the party. Talked with people from all around the world. Green Nuns and X-Dream were niiiice! :D Stayed there until we were thrown out when they closed at 6. Spent the morning walking around trying to find a place to sleep. We went down to the tube and considered crashing in the circle line, just going round, round for 5 hours. But after a while, one of mine friend had enough and called her sister who found us a hotel by Hyde Park where you could check in immediately. Slept there for 8-9 hours before checking out. This was when my friend was starting to feel sick. He threw up 3 times in the tube. Nice. Finally we just said fuck this and bought bus tickets to the airport (the train tracks were flooded anyway). Arrived 23:00 at the airport with 8 hours to go until the plane would take off. It was pretty nice just try to sleep in the airport. I like airports. My friend puked on the airplane too. Awesome.

Hope you all had a great time!

Woooaaaaa!! This was awesome!!

I've also got a story to tell.

Woke up at 02:30 friday morning, walked to trainstation in oslo, got to the airport

Landed 08:00 at stanstead

Walked around in hyde park till 12 when our hotel rooms were done

Slept till 17:00, took tube to chalk farm station

met some incredible people before the show started

digged the prometheus / younger brother warmup DJ stuff

LOVED the gig, danced like a maniac, exhausted, shpongled, shpongled, shpongled

got a t-shirt

stood in queue for about 3 hours for afterparty

danced to prometheus, green nuns, finally Ott

£20 cab ride back to hyde park hotel

slept 16-17 hours saturday

flew back to Oslo tonight.. and I can't stop playing this clip

My god this was awesome. Chills, goosebumps, adrenaline rushes, claustrophobia. great fun.

~~~~~~~~SHPONGLE 4!!~~~~~~~~

Whew, so I think I've finally recovered, and all I can say is that that was one the best, if not the best, night out I've ever had. Managed to get bout 20 of my best friends together to go down with so it was wicked sharing such a wicked night with them!

The shpongle concert was absolutely mindblowing, the best live show I've ever seen. The music was absolutely perfect, the lights, lasers and visuals we mindblowing and all the dancers and costumes and everything else was just the icing on the cake. They played just bout every song I wanted them to play but especially loved Star Shpongled Banner, the first few of Nothing lasts, DMT (and I actually loved the guitar at the end of this, maybe it didn't sound so good on the streaming but it was SO damn powerful when it came through on the soundsystem there) and of course around the world in a tea daze which was the perfect way to end! The new songs were amazing too, especially the I am you song and the encore song they did with the UFO shaped instrument, soooo beautiful!

And then there was the afterparty, what a messy time that was!! We ended up having to queue for 2 hours which was a bit shit, especially as a few of my friends dropped on the walk there and so were absolutely fucked for the last hour of queueing and had to kept going on random walks/missions to calm themselves down :lol:. But it was worth it when we got inside, LOVED the decor in the main room, the art work was wicked and definately suitable for halloween! Green nuns absolutely destroyed the place, probably the best psy trance set I've ever heard. Rock bitch and green nunions were the highlights for them, man i was going crazy when they came on :D I think we only left the dancefloor once during their and that was only to have a cigarrette which we only half finished as we couldn't bear to be away for so long. Was absolutely fucked by the time they finished so the next hour or so are a bit blurry, just remember walking around the maze that was scala chatting to random people and stumbling across all the different rooms and dancing away. Caught most of xdream who were also top, their set just kept getting better and better, the last few tunes they played were stunning and just didn't want them to stop! After that we had a very cold journey back to leamington, but we had lots of spliffs to keep us company which wasn't too bad! Although we made the school boy error of not buying anything to drink before we got on our 2 hour train journey which had no buffet carriage, i could barely swallow my mouth was so dry! Got home and slept all day, singing shpongle tunes in my dreams :)

I didn't remember that was the place were some psynewsers were going to meet up. I do remember now afterwards that I must've seen yohankiwi, a guy with black and white pants (but no hat!). I didn't recognize the outfit as a "jester" so I didn't connect the dots. :P

Haha, yeah that was me! The jester hat ended up in my hand most of the night, it was very noisy (has bells on it which jingle whenever you move) and really hot too, so a bit more trouble than it was worth in the end!

I didn't have a camera, but my friends took some good snaps:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And my favourite one of me of the evening. Have no idea where that came from but it provided much amusement! hehe

Posted Image

Shpongle was fantastic.

But one of the most memorable moments of the night was X-Dream 90-set at the afterparty! Woooooow !!! They served most of the tracks from the good old Radio album. Also great fun to hear all the beautiful GNOTR tracks again.

:drama:

what a show from what i seen/heard on the net.

every report i read/heard is about a fantastic night and show.

now, when will be the next time they will play live?? eheh

this time was too expensive for me, considering the investment for the crop circles release, but thanks to all for sharing these stories/pics/videos, and i heard there will be a dvd, which would deserve to us that couldnt be there :)

also, maybe after shpongle new album, another gig will be a must :drama:

yup very nice track indeed! :)

the instrument is sort of oil-drum like in the sounds... just much softer and detailed :rolleyes: nice

Got any tips for oil-drum music? I'm very found of this sound but never listened to some band or some that uses it.