Shpongle Live in Concert

traveller

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanna make sure that everybody not having a ticket knows about tickets for sale at eBay !

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/__shpongle_W0...id=p3286.c0.m14

As you can see it gonna be expensive to get them tickets :huh: but again it's probably a once in a life time event so wtf !

(and no I'm not the one trying to sell those tickets..got myself a ticket for like £300 so yes plan to slaughter your savings box if you wanna see god himself coming down from heaven :posford: ...)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so it looks like shpongles 4th album wont be out for a while. this post from posford on the twisted forum

Hallucinogen Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:08 pm

Beast

We now have 5 tracks underway.... only one i am happy with, the one with all the recordings i made in india... the others vary from needing a mix, to needing a full re-work... we will be playing 4 of them at the roundhouse, where they will probably sound very different from what they will end up as, on the album.

The problem is trying to get Raj and myself in the studio at the same time..... we might be able to get a few days in december.... but it will be hard to get it done before next summer - that is when we are aiming for, however... the 3rd Younger Brother album will also be recorded during this time....

A good track will take 2 weeks of working from midday til 3 or 4 am every day... a crappier one will take a week...

So far it seems to be a good balance between Are you Shpongled, with some of those older moods and atmospheres... with some of the live playing of Tales of the Inexpressible... and some of the pyrotechnics of Nothing Lasts... but all more modern sounding.

As for a title, we don't have a lot of track names.... but for the album we like the word 'ineffable'.... i'm thinking "Ineffable Mysteries of ShpongleLand" or something....

Thanks for bearing with us!

love

simon

x x x

so it looks like shpongles 4th album wont be out for a while. this post from posford on the twisted forum

Hallucinogen Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:08 pm

Beast

We now have 5 tracks underway.... only one i am happy with, the one with all the recordings i made in india... the others vary from needing a mix, to needing a full re-work... we will be playing 4 of them at the roundhouse, where they will probably sound very different from what they will end up as, on the album.

The problem is trying to get Raj and myself in the studio at the same time..... we might be able to get a few days in december.... but it will be hard to get it done before next summer - that is when we are aiming for, however... the 3rd Younger Brother album will also be recorded during this time....

A good track will take 2 weeks of working from midday til 3 or 4 am every day... a crappier one will take a week...

So far it seems to be a good balance between Are you Shpongled, with some of those older moods and atmospheres... with some of the live playing of Tales of the Inexpressible... and some of the pyrotechnics of Nothing Lasts... but all more modern sounding.

As for a title, we don't have a lot of track names.... but for the album we like the word 'ineffable'.... i'm thinking "Ineffable Mysteries of ShpongleLand" or something....

Thanks for bearing with us!

love

simon

x x x

Ah interesting. Too bad it will take a while. But better it takes a while than a crappy album!

On another note, I'm also kinda looking for a place to sleep the first night (Oct 30th) for me and my friend. Could be a sofa or mattress on the floor. Doesn't really matter since it's just that night and we'll be out of your hair. :P

• 2 weeks later...

100 more tickets available..

all gone now.

5 days to go!! :posford:

Should be going down with quite a few people now, we're hopefully heading to the inspiral cafe (just down the road apparently) for some pre drinks if anyone fancies joining us? I should be pretty easy to recognise as I have decided to take up the fancy dress opportunity and go as a black and white jester, so just look out for the guy with the black and white checked trousers, waistcoat and jester hat! come say hi if you see me at the gig/afterparty too and we'll get some serious psynews style partying on the go :posford:

hey guys, one of my mates who was supposed to be going with has now told me that he can't get time on work, which means i am now left with both a shpongle ticket and an afterparty ticket if anyone wants to buy them? Lemme know asap if you do, as i'll have to put em on ebay or something if you're not quick enough!

e. fuck that was quick. someone off psyforum has already got em. sorry :(

I start to feel sad that I won't come... :(

The point is I was a little dissapointed about London parties last few years because I need 1m² to dance properly and in London it is usually something like 20cm² IF you use your ellbows... :P But the line up looks damn good anyway!

I start to feel sad that I won't come... :(

The point is I was a little dissapointed about London parties last few years because I need 1m² to dance properly and in London it is usually something like 20cm² IF you use your ellbows... :P But the line up looks damn good anyway!

haha, so true. i hope this one will not be like that. i've heard scala can get pretty packed...