Shpongle Live in Concert

traveller

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where will this happen? Sounds like it could be a treat!!!  :D I have heard that they did on Solstice one year... not 100% sure though...

646209[/snapback]

They just mention it shortly in this month's twisted news letter. I guess it'll happen in the UK.. but where ever it takes place.. I'll be :)

Not going to miss this for anything

Seen Sphongle live once and missed the last Twisted party because of the new job, but this one i am not missing for no fortune. Another Psynews gathering?

646413[/snapback]

That would be nice, I did'nt have the chance to go to the twisted party too. I have seen them play live once aswell... but a "real" live performance is something very different I think! :rolleyes:

London, eh?

If I can score an one Euro flight there and back (no joke, airport taxes not included though, but it will still be hella cheap!), then I even think about going!

Seen Sphongle live once and missed the last Twisted party because of the new job, but this one i am not missing for no fortune. Another Psynews gathering?

646413[/snapback]

Sounds great. I shall be there. I missed them when i was at the twisted party. Time flies so damn fast when your on a dancefloor listening to good music.

646413[/snapback]

Well, what other acts will be playing? I'm not that hot on Shpongle live, even when it has to be amazing with a real band. But another psynews meeting sounds damn tempting anyway... :ph34r:

My (pretty reliable) sources told me that there's only Shpongle on that bill.

647040[/snapback]

Yeah, that's what I heard too...

And supposedly Shpongle live only happened twice before. Once in the UK and once in Japan.

647058[/snapback]

Mh, and how long will this concert go? I guess it's like a regular concert so it will be 2 or 3 hours max? I don't doubt this will be huge but for me this is really enough to go to London. If there would be an afterparty or whatever, then we can talk... :P

If there would be an afterparty or whatever, then we can talk...  :P

648038[/snapback]

Same here. I've been looking for an excuse to visit the island, so I might have to check this out if there is some sort of killargh after-party.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't know where else to post this, so here goes, hoping this hasn't been asked before..

Keep your ears peeled for Shpongle Live in Concert in May 2007 and news on Shpongle 4. More details here very soon...

w00t? I was still under the impression that there wouldn't be a new shpongle except that box thing that still has not seen the light of day?

quote taken from the twisted site's front page 'thank you' article

:huh:

I really don't know where else to post this, so here goes, hoping this hasn't been asked before..

Keep your ears peeled for Shpongle Live in Concert in May 2007 and news on Shpongle 4. More details here very soon...

w00t? I was still under the impression that there wouldn't be a new shpongle except that box thing that still has not seen the light of day?

quote taken from the twisted site's front page 'thank you' article

:huh:

655500[/snapback]

Yeah that does sound a bit weird.

I'd like them to rerelease shpongle 3 with proper length tracks. I liked a lot of the music but you couldn't get into it because it was over in just a few minutes!

If they do make a fourth I hope they don't stick 20 tracks on 1 CD again.

BTW I noticed Prometheus - Corridor of Mirrors is now on pre order at twisted.

If they do make a fourth I hope they don't stick 20 tracks on 1 CD again.

655807[/snapback]

Yeah, but on the other hand I've also been reading that you can also see them as 7 long tracks split up in shorter tracks, like the first three tracks combined equal Shpongle - Beija Flor, or something. But I do agree with you, I like the concept to the first two shpongles better.

On the Twisted forum I saw someone posting that now we're supposed to be getting shpongle 4, the shpongle extras box thing and some live recording?

weird! :)

Yeah, but on the other hand I've also been reading that you can also see them as 7 long tracks split up in shorter tracks, like the first three tracks combined equal Shpongle - Beija Flor, or something. But I do agree with you, I like the concept to the first two shpongles better.

On the Twisted forum I saw someone posting that now we're supposed to be getting shpongle 4, the shpongle extras box thing and some live recording?

weird!  :)

655815[/snapback]

I remember people saying things like that too but I didn't see it. Maybe the tempo was similar in parts but I found each track very different not a cohesive whole. Everytime I really started getting into a track it stopped & changed. That pissed me off. They should release full length versions of all those tracks :P

Shpongle 4? What will it be like I wonder.