Do you especially support acts from your country?

Tatsu

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do, cause romanian acts are not many.

Some years ago (2002) i had some webspace, and i did a small webpage (html only, but it came out nice) for a romanian act (ATMA) and i uploaded a couple of tracks for people to download. Of course he gave me the tracks. He was really excited about it, and gave the link to many people. It was a good way of promotion, cause many people had heard about him until them, and were curious to hear his music... and in the beginning, the only way to hear his music was go to the parties.

Now he released his debut album, he's having organised a promo tour in eastern Europe, and i'm gonna do my best and go to the party in my town, and buy the CD. No matter if i will like it or not, it will be a collection item, cause ATMA is a friend of mine, and he's a cool guy. But i think i'll like it, i always did at parties!

You can also check ATMA's debut album, by clicking here for samples. (see? i do it even in this thread!)

644795[/snapback]

Atma is from Romania?!?! I didn't know that... I asked a friend who has a huge MP3 collection about some new stuff I should check out (which CDs to buy I mean) and he really recommended me the Atma stuff. So it's on my to buy list, even when I haven't heard a single track by them... ;)

Well there are a lot of acts popping up in the us now, especially from the west coast...and a lot of it i'm not too crazy about...too "neuro" (hate that term as well...) The way it works for me is more like, I'll always support my friends who are making music.....what country they are from is not so much a big deal for me, (I'm not a very enthusiastic american...) However, I'm totally down with what Penta, Alien Mental, Ocelot, Onnomon, Mubali, Xyla, Primordial Ooze and D-Space/Alpha Channel are doing....

Not really! I like any music if it's good & I don't like it if it's shit.

It's just coincidence that a lot of the good stuff comes from England & Japan.

Shiva Chandra has been progressive since back in the days when progressive was called minimal.  :unsure:  :D

644690[/snapback]

I remember the days that progressive was label minimal. Good days :D

No... Actually i haven´t got that much Finnish Trance music at all. I used to like to listen to it live more than at home..maybe thats a reason <_<

I don´t attend that many parties around here anymore tho...Only if something really special hits the earth :)

Well, i live in the UK so i really don`t have a problem buying local music!! heehee..I reckon most of the best acts are from the UK IMO...

Just my opinion...

PJ.X :)

i dont buy swiss records just to support them...

imo there is only very little good music coming from switzerland nowadays...

one of my most favourite psytrance cd's ever is from switzerland though....Subconsciousmind - Gfühlsweid.......fucking brilliant!

I definately support the acts from my home country, South Africa. Trance production and trance bands have come a long way in the last 10 years and its only because of the support from the locals. I can honestly say we boast some acts that can equal some of the biggest names out there. Hydroglyph, Timecode, Protoculture, Rinkadink, Phyx, Damage etc are just some of the good acts weve produced over the loast few years. Viva SA Trance

I dont really buy stuff just to show support unless I actually like the music. Though I do feel I should buy American trance just because theres not too much of it and a lot of what is out there (Mubali, Xyla, Ghreg, Bluetech, Chromatone, etc) is really good IMO.

No, progressive means:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_electronic_music

:)

644719[/snapback]

When I first saw the term 'progressive' in relation to trance, that Wikipedia definition is exactly what I thought it meant. Then over the years I saw people talk about 'progressive' electronic music, inferring that 'progressive' meant progressive in thought, in ideology. That sounded very stupidly elitest to me, but it's good to know now that I had it right all along. :)

On-topic: I support good music, regardless of where it comes from, as long as it doesn't come from a label that is a part of the RIAA. Unfortunately, I don't know which psytrance artists are American. I'm always seeing new names since I joined this forum, so I know there's a lot out there I'm unaware of.

When I first saw the term 'progressive' in relation to trance, that Wikipedia definition is exactly what I thought it meant. Then over the years I saw people talk about 'progressive' electronic music, inferring that 'progressive' meant progressive in thought, in ideology. That sounded very stupidly elitest to me, but it's good to know now that I had it right all along.  :)

On-topic: I support good music, regardless of where it comes from, as long as it doesn't come from a label that is a part of the RIAA. Unfortunately, I don't know which psytrance artists are American. I'm always seeing new names since I joined this forum, so I know there's a lot out there I'm unaware of.

645430[/snapback]

Ocelot, Penta, Mubali...

Goa Gil (has moved to India since many years though)

Hardly any acts from india producing electronic music , which i find very ironical since the scene more or less started here. There are silent horror, kerosene club , gidra, aghori tantrik and a couple of other producers whose names im forgetting making dark tunes , whenever they are out with something I do make sure I get the cd. Another 2-3 years and we should be up with the rest of the world.

i dont buy swiss records just to support them...

imo there is only very little good music coming from switzerland nowadays...

one of my most favourite psytrance cd's ever is from switzerland though....Subconsciousmind - Gfühlsweid.......fucking brilliant!

645072[/snapback]

Yeah, Subconsciousmind rocks!!! Do you have the second release from Fiin records, the album by Human? I also thinks it's great.

Nice artists from America:

Jikkenteki (living in Japan)

Onnomon

Androcell/Quasga

Mubali

Penta

Parus

Xyla

Ghreg on Earth

Amanda

Alien Mental

Bluetech

Chromatone

Random

Mindstorm

Boshisattva 13:20

Arahat

Aeon

Helios

Shapestatic

labels

Mistress of Evil

Geomagnetic distribution/recs

Dropout

Tantrumm

No I don't. There are no good Finnish trance producers (or producers of any other genres I like, for that matter) and I buy records only if they are good. And I hate the goofy "Suomi saundi" psy. Sweden and Denmark kick Finnish ass, I'm afraid. But fortunately they kick Norwegian ass too. :P