Chavs and Psytrance

yohankiwi

Do you also have names for chavs ? In  Belgium they are called Johnnies and Marina's

642904[/snapback]

Scallies

Townies

and my favorite

DOLE SCUM

hahaha love it.

When I goto Cabbage(psy Trance party) every month there is always a little group of them in the corner waving there hands like gangster rappers, it makes me laugh, I actually went upto one once and asked if he like this music, and he said "Yeah" dis ard techno stuff is buzzing".................................

642754[/snapback]

:lol:

I love drum and bass. I have a good 30 + drum and bass cds in my collection.

oh, thats chavtastic.

However, i think that there is A LOT of shit drum and bass out there, and  this is especially true of the type that i find chavs listen to.  The type that requires 0 imagination to come up with, has no variation or intricasies whatsoever in the songs or even between the songs and has some annoying MC spitting out rhymes in a droning voice that an eight year old kid could probably write better in his poetry class (and would probably sound better rapping too)

could you be more specific on what dnb you consider to be contained within those boundaries you described? i listen to drum and bass too so just curious.

we usually call them losers, or posers, here. Or shmosers, nosers, blosers, snosers, etc. (not really)

Ghetto wannabes. The line, at least where Im from, between ravers, chavs, and the whole hiphop thing is kinda blurry. Raving chavs on way too many pills, the mainstay of the Reno Nevada EDM scene. Ask them if they like the music, they say, "Yeah, I love techno!" Its all tech to them. Hardhouse tech. Psytrance tech. Breakbeat tech. Etc. tech.

<_< chavs.... thats the best term for them. I cant think of what we in the US would call them, though Im sure someone out there knows a term. Chavs they will be, to me.

My brother once had a chav roommate. Always talking about how much grafitti he wrote. Always talking about how "hard" he was, and "You dont know me, Im crazy, motherfucker!" and the ever-clever, "What!?" Couldnt chill at that place, Chavboy would be asking for a smoke or a few bucks for a beer. Dole scum, his mom had it worked so he got money for being "crazy", State Subsidized Income. Half of that went into his mom's pocket, the rest went into Chav's stomach or nose. ended up splitting on my brother, leaving him to pay the full rent, with a bunch of garbage in the house. Fucking chav, if I see him Im gonna bust him right in the teeth. Although, Ive heard he got caught doing graffiti and should be on his way to prison. He got CAUGHT, like serious, a detective came to my brother's and demanded all of Chavboy's notebooks, markers and paint. Seeya in hell chav fucker.

that NHJO quote might as well be a rap.

could you be more specific on what dnb you consider to be contained within those boundaries you described? i listen to drum and bass too so just curious.

644429[/snapback]

I'm into the more jazzy side of dnb, stuff like peshay, amon tobin, 4hero, kruder&dorfmeister (not all their stuff's drum&bass, but tis ridiculously good). also love some of the darker stuff like lamb,aphex twin & goldie (although i saw him live and he was somewhat of a disappointment, bit of a twat too) and some more mainstream stuff like kosheen, everything but the girl, pendulum etc etc etc.

what would consider to be good drum and bass then?

I'm into the more jazzy side of dnb, stuff like peshay, amon tobin, 4hero, kruder&dorfmeister (not all their stuff's drum&bass, but tis ridiculously good). also love some of the darker stuff like lamb,aphex twin & goldie (although i saw him live and he was somewhat of a disappointment, bit of a twat too) and some more mainstream stuff like kosheen, everything but the girl, pendulum etc etc etc.

what would consider to be good drum and bass then?

644864[/snapback]

lamb and aphex twin isnt dnb. goldie doesnt have dark sound at all imo. and pendulum? thats actually the cheesiest group in dnb scene and its mostly popular among chavs - yes THOSE chavs. heres a little video on youtube.com of their last tune. defines the word cheese lol... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRb1Rh82Nfk

lamb and aphex twin isnt dnb. goldie doesnt have dark sound at all imo. and pendulum? thats actually the cheesiest group in dnb scene and its mostly popular among chavs - yes THOSE chavs. heres a little video on youtube.com of their last tune. defines the word cheese lol... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRb1Rh82Nfk

645436[/snapback]

slam is a shit song, agreed. but have you heard the rest of hold your colour? it's actually a really good album. and yes you're right lamb and aphex twin aren't drum and bass strictly speaking (i was only really referring to lamb's first album, it's my favourite and the rest arent even close to dnb), but theyre very similar in many respects and both, imo, are amazing artists hence why i mentioned them. and i'd definately class timeless as a dark album, if not dark then certainly melancholic. his live set wasn't like that at all though