Midi controller

I was googling around the net (searching

for a cheap midi controllers with the

price around 100-160e) and I found

M-Audio Keystation 49e. It's pretty cheap.

Does anyone have this keyboard and

what expirience do you have with it?

And is it better to buy M-Audio Key.49e

or Oxygen 8. M-Audio is 115e and the

Oxygen is 150e? And one more tihng!

Would those two midi con. work good

with an SB Live 5.1 soundcard?

Thanks in advance!!! :)

Ok. Now I'm interested in latency. Does it depend of

keyboard or sound card?

641776[/snapback]

I use a mac right out of the box so I couldn't answer on pc hardware. The keyboard is pretty responsive though, you should be fine. And it should work with all soundcards.

dont buy something cheap. get something like the novation remote sl. it truly rocks, and is soooo easy to customize for your needs. Just save up another 250 euros, and you can have one :)

643727[/snapback]

Yeah, definitely worth the money. :)

Nemo , I'm not so good with keyboards. I'm smthg like

a keyboard noob. This would be my first keyboard, so I

don't want to spend much money on it. I asked for

Korg K49(the model which price is around 140euros).

Can anyone tell me smthg about that keyborad(if you have it)?

I have a Korg MicroKONTROL, it works for me, it has 8 faders, 8 dials, and 16 buttons on a pad. The problem is the tiny keys. Though I usually dont use it to play, just sequence. The 16 button pad is handy for triggering loops in Ableton, though I havent used it much in Renoise, which is what Ive been using. The faders and dials can be set up in 128 different presets, ie one for each softsynth, then one for the master mixing board, etc. I havent had the chance to use it to its fullest yet.

Nemo , I'm not so good with keyboards. I'm smthg like

a keyboard noob. This would be my first keyboard, so I

don't want to spend much money on it. I asked for

Korg K49(the model which price is around 140euros).

Can anyone tell me smthg about that keyborad(if you have it)?

644538[/snapback]

sorry, I dont have it. do you have a music shop that you can go to and get a demo? its always usefull to get a demo of the product you intend to buy, so you know what you get.. and what youre limitations will be :)

Yes nemo! I just did that today. I went to the store and I didn't get a demo but I

tried it myself!!! The keys are great! This controller offers 2 knobs, slider

pitch-mod wheels, 2 assinable buttons, and it has 49 keys(the keys are full sized)

and also there are octave buttons(octave up/down)!!!

I think it is a best buy for that money(145euros). I hope I'm not wrong 'cause

I like it very much!!!

You definitely have to try it out yourself, before you decide on buying it :) but that goes for all sort of audio equipment.

As for latency... it all depends on your soundcard, I think. The keyboard will send MIDI data to your machine, and the time it takes to process them depends on what sort of hardware you got.

Or you are using the keyboard through USB and in that case I have no idea how latency issues change.

Happy musicmaking ;)

You definitely have to try it out yourself, before you decide on buying it :) but that goes for all sort of audio equipment.

As for latency... it all depends on your soundcard, I think. The keyboard will send MIDI data to your machine, and the time it takes to process them depends on what sort of hardware you got.

Or you are using the keyboard through USB and in that case I have no idea how latency issues change.

Happy musicmaking ;)

646055[/snapback]

use an usb keyboard, you wont have any latency issues...

i own m-audio keystation 49e, its cheap, its good, no proplems so far :)

but i have a behringer bcr2000 aswell, with which i do all the tweaking of the synths as the keyboard has no encoders and stuff..

buying them togehter is pretty cheap and imo a great solution

peace

On a second thought... probably most sound cards capable of midi today, is built to the lowest possible latency... so it shouldn't be such a big problem. I don't really know, I only have experience with usb connected midi keyboards. I own an m-audio axiom 25 and it works fine, almost unnoticable midi latency. I do miss some analog knobs, though :rolleyes:

how abot m-audios?? anyone

648443[/snapback]

I have the axiom-25, and it's a great one, my only problem with it is it's a bit big. I can still put it into my backpack next to my laptop and go play music with them, but only the cables fit into it nothing else.

So if you are looking for something slim, the O2 should be better... but you don't get pads... and those are pretty good, I love them. Very useful and fun... you can assign them to drums, percussion, even one-shot soundeffects, or to audio effect buttons.

Ah and the knobs are digital, which means they send + or - information.

For example, if the knob is set to 0 position, and you connect it to a parameter which is at setting 64, then when you move the knob, it will suddenly change to 1, than 2, 3 ... and so on. You have to keep this in mind if you (like me), keep reconfiguring the knobs while you play. :)