TRANSWAVE-Best Of 1994-1996

Guest Rezwalker

never heard anything about the upcoming remixed album of transwave but once again please and i seriously hope that it will be nothing like , and may i remember yas of the infamous .. Astral Projection - Ten ? :ph34r:

I've heard a lot of talk about it, but I'm usually very skeptical about the new breed of trance acts messing around with the classics. Furthermore, I wasn't even that sad when I found out that Etnica's double remix album, which was supposed to be called after their insane classic, "Intense Visitation", will most probably never see the light of day...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what an album?

I think they are making a joke here!

This is best of not an album!!!!

So many years have passed and still best of?

Give me $$$$ album of the year!

No joke, for several reasons.

First, this "Best Of" album has several songs never released (to my knowledge) by Transwave from the time around their peek. And I think many fans and listeners are happy just to see something so nostalgic return (with several new old-skool goatrance songs).

It's a nice way to start off the year and sure, a good way for them to make a some $$$. But if this comp had songs I all heard and have... there would be NO point for me buying it IMO. I could especially see two types of groups interested: 1.) The hardcore Transwave fans (just to have in their collect), and 2.) All the new people of the next generation who are learning more about Transwave through their 2007 return, comeback and officially new main album releasing later this year I read.

Since many listeners into Transwave's earlier goatrance from the years of '96-98... the question really is..

Is this worth buying for its 4-7 I think unreleased [and/or never available on main or albums most of even heard of to date] old-school goatrance songs??

I looked at the tracklists on my Transwave albums and many of these songs are NOT from their main albums. I have not heard most of these! The first 2-3 are taken from their rare, 1995 debut I believe, but that's the one album I don't own by them.

Take into account that many songs on that list were likely considered great goatrance songs back in the day, (and still are in many ways) so just seeing the tracklist with such classic, old-school tunes and vibes from them is enough to excite. It's been 10 years afterall. I'm glad they didn't re-release 100% already released songs on it and I hope the unreleased and rare ones are worth it.

Posted Image

TRANSWAVE - BACKFIRE

TRACKLIST:

- Red = never publically released songs entiretly.

- Black = releases on comps and/or singles way back when... most ppl never heard of these.

1. Adoration To The Aum ... (from their 1st main album)

2. Hypersphere ... (1st main album)

3. Anahata

4. Arsonik

5. Cycles Of Life

6. Code S9

7. Flamicogyre

8. Bombay Night

9. Ulysse Voyage 2

See more on Transwave here:

http://www.answers.com/topic/transwave

Guest Rezwalker

Agreed.

I'm very interested to buy this CD (even if i have ALL the tracks allready many months ago , and the unreleased+rare)

because :

1. of the new mastering

2. i don't have Anahata and Flamycogire in CD format bcause these tracks are only to some rare compilations and i think both tracks are not full there, but mixed.

3. i like to have Bombay night, arsenic, code s9 in Cd format

so buying this CD worths 100% imo.

Guest Rezwalker

You should put with red colour only Bombay night.

Arsenic and Code S9 has been released under dado's project Cypher-o

check Here

but indeed many ppl never heard these tracks from the cypher-o ep.

(except the track Psychedelia junglistia)

forgot about this one coming up because of the change of release date,

allright more fire I say :D

allthough maybe lot's of tracks are well known remastered with the new techonogoly is always nice too,

thinking of the sandman, cosmosis albums and more...

Guest Rezwalker

i Just heard the full album (ripped copy from net VBR 160-320kbps) all tracks sounds very smooth and clear! definitely sounds much better than the older versions. so i can imagine how much better could sounds the tracks str8 from CD! can't wait till the cd arrived in my hands :D

some tracks are mixed (not all)

Flamycogire->Bombay night

Bombay night->Ulysse

Bombay night is here with short version (7:45)

the original version has 10:54 duration..and yes yes yes i have this version :P

i Just heard the full album (ripped copy from net VBR 160-320kbps) all tracks sounds very smooth and clear! definitely sounds much better than the older versions. so i can imagine how much better could sounds the tracks str8 from CD! can't wait till the cd arrived in my hands :D

some tracks are mixed (not all)

Flamycogire->Bombay night

Bombay night->Ulysse

cool, I'm always very anxious when old thing got renewed, like empty mixes of AS....

Why did they cut Bombay Night short?? Is there not enough space on the cd or something??

Guest Rezwalker

Why did they cut Bombay Night short?? Is there not enough space on the cd or something??

CD length is 64:34 min ..! so it's not about free space.. dunno why..strange :huh::unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered it too. Hopefully a review thread will appear sometime soon.

Update: New 2007 thread opened. I wrote the first review. :P

Got it in the mail today. In the first listen I didn't notice the DAT glitches, don't think that should deter anyone from purchasing it.

I love the disc as it is, but it would have been nice if the booklet included some liner notes with the story behind each track, geeky equipment info, etc, like Chi-A.D.'s "Infinitism" had. It's nice when artists provide that kind of insight into their work.

I love the disc as it is, but it would have been nice if the booklet included some liner notes with the story behind each track, geeky equipment info, etc, like Chi-A.D.'s "Infinitism" had. It's nice when artists provide that kind of insight into their work.

I agree. That would have been nice.

Received today, first breath of Goa-trance for 2007 I must say.

2 things I noticed (inevitably, me being a Discogs-mod :P )

4)Arsonik on cover but originally track was named Arsenik -> http://www.discogs.com/release/531263

7)Flamicogyre on cover but originally track name was Flamycogire ->http://www.discogs.com/release/127984 , but Fairway did a lot or errors so original name may be unknown, also because I don't see this track anywhere else...

The glitch in track 7 isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I probably might not have noticed it if I hadn't been listening for it

I noticed it too.

Track 7 - FLAMICOGYRE

There is a short technical blip, ERROR or problem at 7:47 - 7:50 into the track. It seems to get all scratchy and caught up making a terrible, improper, harsh sound. :( Yikes! What is that??! :unsure: Didn't someone listen to each individual track on this album before it was copied, packaged, and released?? :blink: (??)

At least it's short and happens only once but still.. this was unnecessary. I wonder if they re-issued it. I mean, these things are supposed to be handled and corrected behind-the-scenes, obviously. *sigh*

I've added this to my song review but it hasn't changed the score of course, just an observation. :(

I noticed it too.

Track 7 - FLAMICOGYRE

There is a short technical blip, ERROR or problem at 7:47 - 7:50 into the track. It seems to get all scratchy and caught up making a terrible, improper, harsh sound. :( Yikes! What is that??! :unsure: Didn't someone listen to each individual track on this album before it was copied, packaged, and released?? :blink: (??)

At least it's short and happens only once but still.. this was unnecessary. I wonder if they re-issued it. I mean, these things are supposed to be handled and corrected behind-the-scenes, obviously. *sigh*

On another Transwave thread Dado said they wanted to be authentic and release Flamicogyre as it is on the DAT.

Got it in the mail today. In the first listen I didn't notice the DAT glitches, don't think that should deter anyone from purchasing it.

Agreed... the liner notes are lacklustre, but the release is good, and still worth owning.