Light-Heavy: 7

Smooth-Rough: 3

Arid-Wet: 5.5

Dark-Light: 4

Cold-Warm: 7.5

blurry – crisp: 6

clean –dirty: 3

Element: Air/water

Quality: 7.5, very nice, especially towards the end! I like the 303-style acid in here.

3)

Slow-Fast: 7

Light-Heavy: 5

Smooth-Rough: 2

Arid-Wet: 4

Dark-Light: 7

Cold-Warm: 3 (with some warm to hot parts in the middle).

blurry – crisp: 3

clean –dirty: 4

Element: Air

Quality: 8.5

4)

Arid-Wet: 5.5

Dark-Light: 3

Cold-Warm: 7

clean –dirty: 6

Element: Fire!

Quality: 9 Wicked! The main synth melody is so damn catchy, I forgive its simplicity and repetition.

5)Slow-Fast:

Light-Heavy:

Arid-Wet: 3

Dark-Light: 6.5

Cold-Warm: 9

blurry – crisp:

clean –dirty: 6, depending which part of the track

Element: Air/Fire

Quality: 8.5

Booty shakin athem, some will probably call it cheesy, but I think it’s a really fun track. We’ll see how it ages.

6)Slow-Fast:

Light-Heavy:7

Smooth-Rough 4

Arid-Wet: 3

Dark-Light:6

Cold-Warm:7

blurry – crisp: 5

Element: Earth/Fire

Quality: 5.5, I don’t see much in this track.

7)

Smooth-Rough: 2.5

Arid-Wet: 6

Dark-Light: 5

Cold-Warm: 8

blurry – crisp: 3.5

Element: Air

Quality: 5. Why isn’t this labeled as a remix? It has the exact same synth patterns as some stuff off MMD-twilight children. Nice track, but I cant respect it when its labeled as its own thing and it uses material so directly from other tracks that they did under a different name. I would give it an 8.5 if it was labeled as a remix. The end of the track is fucking HOT though.

8)

Slow-Fast: 8

Smooth-Rough: 4

Arid-Wet: 6

Cold-Warm: 9, hot!

blurry – crisp: 5

Element: Earth

Quality: 9, Like the melody that comes in around 00:40 sec. This track is even more of a booty shaker than track 5.

9)

Light-Heavy: 6.5

Arid-Wet: 7

Cold-Warm: 6

clean –dirty: 7

Element: Earth

Quality: 6.5, The first couple seconds suck!! Then it gets better, but it still isn’t my favorite. I like the opera/ghost sounds.

Overall: This is a very good album, I like it a lot, although it won’t take the place of MMD’s v/a-Twilight Children (which is still always near the top of my cd stack). This one isn’t anything groundbreaking, but it does what it does quite well. It probably wont go down in the annals of trance as a classic, but if you like the style of Abomination and the newer Shift, you should definitely pick this one up.

I give this one an overall 7.7/10, subject to revision depending on how well it ages.

does this review require proficiency in maths or something,

cuz i don't fucking get it

641101[/snapback]

No it doesnt. It'll require you to use your imagination a little. For eg if dark Light is 6 then you'd imagine playing it around twilight , if its 10 then play it around 7:30 , 8ish party time. Same goes for the other parameters. Many havent taken well to this rating system and i cant see why. The rating includes a quality parameter which is good , while the others are some sorta of physical features that define the track. Check the link he's provided get a better grasp of the rating.

:D Ha ha cool review way man!

Now about the cd.

Well it's not the best SA release and it can't stand against other Nexus Media comps (Midnight Storm anyone?) but as always is quality stuff.

I really liked the more melodic touch in the tracks.

Best track by far is Shift-Dead Meat. Ultra power, superb melodies and really emotional IMO. For all those who say that Chris lost his talent listen to this track! One of the best of 2006!!!

Overall:8/10

I love the Manifold track, trk 8, nice and heavy but still daytime music. The vocals dont really sit right at first but after a few listens I can dig it! Sometimes it seems that people confuse vocal samples, cut and rearranged, with actual vocals, singing over the music.

Id give the compo an 8.2/10.

I love the Manifold track, trk 8, nice and heavy but still daytime music. The vocals dont really sit right at first but after a few listens I can dig it! Sometimes it seems that people confuse vocal samples, cut and rearranged, with actual vocals, singing over the music.

Id give the compo an 8.2/10.

Does anyone remember the title of the original song that Manifold's track is based on?

I thought it sounded familiar...

• 10 years later...

Agreed Dead Meat is the star here yet I think Bleed by Abomination is a close runner up.  However the "pup-pup, pup-pup" sample is strangely addictive in an otherwise unremarkable Ragga Time.

A surprisingly weak effort from the mind f*ckers at Nexus Media.